Click To View Golf Course Page

Discussions in What d'you shoot (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
Moderated By CPennbo, JohnnyGK, kviser, Paisano, thingstodo

Forums
Greenskeeper.org
What d'you shoot (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
What d'you shoot March-17 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: What d'you shoot March-17 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 1 to 10 of 14 Replies

PAGES: 2 1 2
JohnnyGK
What d'you shoot March-17 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)

JohnnyGK

GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Cascata

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Wednesday March 1, 2017 5:52 AM
Lots of golf for me starting the weekend of 3/11

Hope everyone is planning on breaking out the sticks and getting in to the spring swing!

Also GK Cup 9 signups taking place.

Looking forward to reading your posts.
GK is now on FACEBOOK! CLICK HERE and become a fan!
 Message #82630
SBogey
RE: What d'you shoot March-17 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)

SoCal Community Staff

Favorite Golfer:
    Phil/Day/
Favorite Golf Course:
    Eagle Falls

Wednesday March 8, 2017 9:23 PM
Going to be a great golf week. Started with a warm up at Brea Creek. First time playing here. Hat a great time. Played 18 in 2 1/2 hours. Not a destination kind of course but if I lived in the area I would play here fairly often just to enjoy the greens. Course is in good shape and the variety makes it a fun challenge. I was asked to use rental clubs this time so would like to try with my own sometime but I did use my own putter. Glad I did too because as mentioned the greens were fantastic. Some tee boxes were chewed but not too bad. Bunkers were really nice as well. Some of the fairways were spotty but for a par 3 course they were very playable. On the GK list it shows a score card with 3 tee boxes but there was only white and red. Not sure if there was ever a blue tee but saw no signs of it. Did I mention the greens?
Looking forward to Sunday at Eagle Falls and Tuesday at The Goose. Wish I could play every Guru round this month.
Almost for got to mention the shot of the day! On the second time around my partner and I decided we would play as far back in the tee boxes as we could to change up the holes a bit. On the 9th I hit the same club as the first time since I was hitting them better. The first time I found the front of the green but hit my uphill putt too firm and ended up well past the hole leading to a 3 putt. This time I was just short of the green but about the same line. I didn't want to sail by again and figured I would rather have an uphill putt left rather than another downhill putt. When I hit it I thought it was going to be well short. I watched as it curled toward the hole and hoped it would just get close. It just kept rolling. I was walking after it when it rolled right up to the hole and appeared to stop. I looked over at my buddy with a look of "Oh man!" and when I looked back to the ole saw the top of the ball as it fell into the hole. A 0 putt bird! Played well the rst of the round but blew up on a couple and ended up shooting 36-36. Sounds great till you realize it's a par 29 course.

[[Edited by SBogey on Wednesday March 8, 2017 10:47 PM]]
 Message #82725 - This was a reply to message #82630
kevbig

Favorite Golfer:
    Tiger Woods
Favorite Golf Course:
    Palmer Course- Turtle Bay

Wednesday March 8, 2017 10:24 PM
Did my best Mickelson impression at Eagle Glen today. 4 birdies to go with 2 doubles and a triple which added up to a 78. Course is so fun right now and with the firm fairways and lack of wind I didn't hit a single driver all day. Can't wait to go back!
 Message #82726 - This was a reply to message #82725
SBogey

SoCal Community Staff

Favorite Golfer:
    Phil/Day/
Favorite Golf Course:
    Eagle Falls

Sunday March 12, 2017 9:02 PM
There are certain things unique to living in the So Cal mtns. We left this morning from home at 8 AM with the temp at 39. Drove to Indio where we played golf at 98 then returned home to you guessed it...39. I know it warmed up to the 60's up here but just found this funny. Had a fun round at Eagle Falls with the Guru round. Course is awesome. Conditions couldn't be much better. The sand was a little crusty but aside from that, perfect. Started pretty well with bogey, par, bogey, par. On the 7th made my first double to start a 4 bogey stretch. Broke out of the double bogey doldrums with a nice tee shot on 11 and chipped to within a foot for a tap in bird. Followed that with a perfect tee shot and great 3 hybrid from 180 to within 3 feet and made back to back birds. Went right back to double but managed to even things out and finish well. Shot 44-43 for an OK 87. The pair of birds made the day special.
 Message #82766 - This was a reply to message #82726
Rat-Patrol

Favorite Golfer:
    My Grandpa was
Favorite Golf Course:
    Balboa Park GC

Sunday March 12, 2017 9:18 PM
I left home it was 54, went to San Vicente where it git up to 86, got home and it was 68 . . . I shot 89.
 Message #82767 - This was a reply to message #82766
SBogey

SoCal Community Staff

Favorite Golfer:
    Phil/Day/
Favorite Golf Course:
    Eagle Falls

Wednesday March 15, 2017 9:23 AM
Left my house... oh never mind! Played Goose Creek with the Guru round. Course was hosting a SCGA qualifier so the course was set up long and fast. Had a great time meeting Gary and seeing Mike and Allen again. The golf Gods were in full force today. Put my first tee shot down the middle leaving 150. I don't catch it square but reach the green, but on the front with a back pin. It was a 60 foot uphill double breaker. I aim a foot left and just try and make sure I don't blast it by. About 3 feet from the hole it was right of the cup but bending back and sure enough it drops! Could be the round of a lifetime!...NOT! Todays round was typified by my play on #16 the long par 3. I always have trouble on this hole at 200 yards but I pull 3 wood and figure if I go a little long it won't be bad. Hit it off the toe and it goes about 130 in the clover! I said to Gary. "Sometimes I wonder why I keep playing this game." I find my ball figure I will just hit sand wedge and figure I might be short but it won't go long. Hit it pure and see it bounce on the front of the green but I am blocked from the flag because of a mound in front of the green. Mike looks over and gives me the 2 thumbs up!. The ball is a foot from the pin. Guess I answered my own question!
This was one of those, how could I play so bad and still score the same. 43-44 for my usual 87.

[[Edited by SBogey on Wednesday March 15, 2017 9:25 AM]]
 Message #82784 - This was a reply to message #82767
Rat-Patrol

Favorite Golfer:
    My Grandpa was
Favorite Golf Course:
    Balboa Park GC

Thursday March 16, 2017 4:54 PM
6-*** All competitors are expected to post all rounds played using equitable stroke control

Just saying . . .
 Message #82801 - This was a reply to message #82784
rob1563

Southern Nevada Community Staff

Favorite Golfer:
    Ryan Moore
Favorite Golf Course:
    Wolf Creek

Friday March 17, 2017 10:32 PM
Out at the home course on Angel Park's Mountain course today. Tried to play "strategy" over just hitting and chasing it. Worked for a few holes before the "no laying up" took over. Started off fine with 4 straight bogies but the tee ball came in to haunt me. Today it was a consistent snap pull hook which sprayed all over the adjoining fairways. Interesting though, only 1 penalty stroke off the tee and all the others were second shots. Finish with the best score for me in 2017, a handicap adjusted 75.
 Message #82817 - This was a reply to message #82801
Rat-Patrol

Favorite Golfer:
    My Grandpa was
Favorite Golf Course:
    Balboa Park GC

Sunday March 19, 2017 12:30 PM
97, adjusted 96, Torrey South. Hit the ball rather well, hit a few fairways or was in decent shape on most, a few greens in reg . . . it's around the green and inside 100 yards where, I use to save strokes, now I waste them. Quad on 7 after being green high in two didn't help. 40 putts, most I have ever counted since keeping track 20 some odd years ago, most before that was 36. Funny thing is it felt much better than 97? Either I am getting use to scoring badly or it was just to be at Torrey?
 Message #82856 - This was a reply to message #82817
GDR23
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GK Cup: Past & Current Champions of The GK Cup

Favorite Golfer:
    Woods Couples
Favorite Golf Course:
    Rustic Purisma Sandpiper

Monday March 20, 2017 7:46 PM
Started out strong at Rustic today with birdies on #1 and #5--was -2 going into 8 tee box and then the wheels fell off some. Bogeyed #8 and #9 for a 36 on the front--shot a 41 on the back with a bad double on 16. Finished with a 77.
 Message #82882 - This was a reply to message #82856

Listing 1 to 10 of 14 Replies

PAGES: 2 1 2

[ Community Page ]