Click To View Golf Course Page

Discussions in What d'you shoot (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
Moderated By CPennbo, JohnnyGK, kviser, Paisano, thingstodo

Forums
Greenskeeper.org
What d'you shoot (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
What d'you shoot April-2017 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: What d'you shoot April-2017 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 1 to 10 of 20 Replies

PAGES: 2 1 2
JohnnyGK
What d'you shoot April-2017 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)

JohnnyGK

GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Cascata

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Saturday April 1, 2017 7:11 AM
Spring! - Golf courses in the Southwest & California in great shape. Lets tee it up!

Looking forward to hearing about about your rounds!
GK is now on FACEBOOK! CLICK HERE and become a fan!
 Message #83086
Rat-Patrol
RE: What d'you shoot April-2017 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)

Favorite Golfer:
    My Grandpa was
Favorite Golf Course:
    Balboa Park GC

Sunday April 2, 2017 7:16 PM
41 + 44 = 85, 28 putts, best round in awhile . . . playing with GKers Mike (140ver) and Tim (rudyclub) for their GK Cup match was relaxing and fun.
 Message #83106 - This was a reply to message #83086
SBogey

SoCal Community Staff

Favorite Golfer:
    Phil/Day/
Favorite Golf Course:
    Eagle Falls

Sunday April 2, 2017 8:58 PM
Had to take the grand daughter home so stopped on my way back for a cheep round at San Bernardino Golf Club. $18 buck and worth about that much. Course is beat up with chunky tee boxes thin fairways and firm sand. The greens were decent. A little slower than I like but not slow! Green complexes are small and often 2 tiered or sloped. The real challenge here is finding fairways. The trees are so thick and crowd the fairways making them very narrow. Have really been struggling lately with making good contact. I noticed a couple rounds ago I was pulling my head to see the shot and of course topping or hitting it off the heal. Focus today was keep my on the spot of the ball till my follow through forces my head up. Amazing what a difference. Actually overshot the green a couple times because I made such solid contact. Still struggled to make par. shot 41-43 on a par 70 course. Front 9 was 1 par and 8 bogies. Back 9 had 4 pars but on 17 had a lapse in concentration for my only double. Had a chance for birdie on 18 when I put my second 5 yards short of the green chipped to 4 feet but left it short and had to settle for par. A fun day with some nice gentlemen I hope will come check out the site, and a young man from Taiwan who could crush the ball and played solid all around.
There are rumors flying around about the course closing. According to the management I spoke too it is a long shot and at least a year and a half away, but he didn't think it was at all a for sure thing. They did close their second driving range in the front. He said that was leased land and the lease was bought by a company that wants to develop the space.
 Message #83114 - This was a reply to message #83106
roarksown1

Favorite Golfer:
    Whoever's with me playing
Favorite Golf Course:
    Bighorn

Sunday April 2, 2017 10:25 PM
Had a pretty good but also bizarre golf weekend. Had two nines in the 30s this weekend, unfortunately on alternate days and with the opposing nines not being as friendly. At Rancho San Marcos shot a pretty epic 39 on the front, which, having never played this tough course ever before, felt like quite the accomplishment. Unfortunately the back end of that 18 was a hideous display of from one nine to the next totally forgetting how to play golf. Had at least one penalty on each of the first four holes, then slowly came around and finished with a birdie on 18 (more on that later). The damage? A troubling 51 that left me with a bad taste in my mouth settling for a 90.

At Encino the following day, had a good but not great start with an 8 over 44 on the front, but then found my stroke for the most part and was putting very confidently (29 putts total for the day) to reach the 16th tee box still at the same 8 over. Six straight pars might be a record for me, but bogeyed the two following holes and finished strong with a par for 2 over back nine. Still knocking on the door of breaking 80, but gladly took the 82 for the round.

As for that birdie on the final hole at RSM, it has a particular significance for me. Being the stat geek that I am who has recorded every single score here since day one back in 2012, and kept every single scorecard to this day, I came into that day in the beautiful Santa Barbara mountains with 99 career birdies, and can't think of a better place than RSM to have shot my 100th birdie ever. Let's hope the next 100 come far quicker!

[[Edited by roarksown1 on Sunday April 2, 2017 10:43 PM]]
 Message #83118 - This was a reply to message #83114
mpisarski01

Favorite Golfer:
    CHUCK NORRIS
Favorite Golf Course:
    Wolf Creek

Sunday April 9, 2017 7:52 PM
91 adjusted to 87 at Morongo Legends. Lets just say i took a very big number on 10
 Message #83259 - This was a reply to message #83086
Rat-Patrol

Favorite Golfer:
    My Grandpa was
Favorite Golf Course:
    Balboa Park GC

Monday April 10, 2017 6:13 PM
83, Torrey North, GK Cup match vs Sal (sbarajasjr), best round in quite awhile. Two triples, one double, seven bogies, 4 pars and 4 birdies.
Two birdies from over 40' (11 & 14), one from 5 inches (9) and a chip in ('rollin) with my hybrid form 15' off the green(17), quite a day!
Thanks Sal, always a pleasure, sorry I was so inhospitable as an opponent . . . the handicap will be coming down!
 Message #83285 - This was a reply to message #83259
JohnnyGK

JohnnyGK

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Cascata

Tuesday April 11, 2017 8:28 AM
Was a great time at Rancho San Marcos Rob - was thinking about it on the way up to Lompoc yesterday. Side thought was can we do 54 holes instead of just 36 - lol

Great back nine at Encino. That was my old dawn patrol back nine in early 90's. Pretty challenging at times.
 Message #83295 - This was a reply to message #83118
JohnnyGK

JohnnyGK

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Cascata

Tuesday April 11, 2017 8:29 AM
Solid round Jim - congrats - always feels good to drain putts like that!
 Message #83296 - This was a reply to message #83285
JohnnyGK

JohnnyGK

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Cascata

Tuesday April 11, 2017 8:42 AM
Was a great time teeing it up GK'ers a on GK Review Guru visit yesterday.

I decided I needed a true gauge on my struggling game so I kept score. Went all in, putted everything out, played strict USGA rules.

We started at La Purisima around 8:15am. I took on the blue tees with rgm2525, over my head on those blue tees but what the heck, lets see what happens. Shot a 53 on the front 9 then settled down a little bit, just missed a par putt on 18 to shoot an even 100.

Next course played better, The Mission Club, blue tees, very fun track btw in great shape. Shot a 44 on front 9 and made a bogey putt on 18 to break 90 and shoot an 89. Was pleased with that.

My ball striking on the second 18 was much better but my short game was abysmal both rounds. I think it costed me an easy 5 to 10 strokes each round. Once its comes around I think my game will be just fine again.

Side note, hated/loved keeping score again, but overall mostly hated it, got too hard on myself, so back to no score keeping until I need another grind it out test of my game evaluation.

[[Edited by JohnnyGK on Tuesday April 11, 2017 8:42 AM]]
 Message #83297 - This was a reply to message #83086
cencalhack

Favorite Golfer:
    IDK
Favorite Golf Course:
    Old Course St Andrews

Tuesday April 11, 2017 9:10 AM
Enjoy hearing all the recaps

La Pirahna can bite from any set of tees

Rob it will happen - probably on a day when you aren't keeping score in your head and someone else is keeping the card

I posted 84 and 86 this month trying to adapt to players irons V4-Tour from my old R9s

I played to an 8+/- most of last year and in my attempt to reach 5 index I switched irons.

Golf being golf I am now trending up towards 10 - gotta love this game
 Message #83298 - This was a reply to message #83086

Listing 1 to 10 of 20 Replies

PAGES: 2 1 2

[ Community Page ]