Click To View Golf Course Page

Discussions in What d'you shoot (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
Moderated By CPennbo, JohnnyGK, kviser, Paisano, thingstodo

Forums
Greenskeeper.org
What d'you shoot (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
What d'you shoot June-2017 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: What d'you shoot June-2017 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 1 to 10 of 36 Replies

PAGES: 4 1 2 3 4
JohnnyGK
What d'you shoot June-2017 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)

JohnnyGK

GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Cascata

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Monday June 5, 2017 5:53 AM
Summer's here!

Longest days of the year. I can see a bunch of 36 hole days out there. Looking forward to your posts.
GK is now on FACEBOOK! CLICK HERE and become a fan!
 Message #84021
GDR23
RE: What d'you shoot June-2017 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GK Cup: Past & Current Champions of The GK Cup

Favorite Golfer:
    Woods Couples
Favorite Golf Course:
    Rustic Purisma Sandpiper

Monday June 5, 2017 6:03 PM
Last 2 rounds were at Olivas on Saturday from the Blues and Moorpark CC this morning from the Blacks.

37-37-74 at Olivas from the Blues with a bogey on #6 and a birdie on #10 and a double on #15. Played solidly with 15 pars, lots of makeable birdie putts on the front that I could not connect on including a eagle putt on #4 left way short and then a missed 4 footer for bird. Such a fun time with my 3 buddies Mack, Pedro and Matt.

Today at Moorpark CC started with a double on #1 on Canyon Crest after hooking a wedge into the lateral crap left-- made 2 more bogeys on that side on #4 and #7 for a 40. Made bogeys on #4 #6, and #7 on Ridgeline for a 39 on that side--finished with a 79 with some really loose overall play. Had an enjoyable time with Ron, Johnny and Mark--thanks guys!

Hope everyone is enjoying this weather!
 Message #84036 - This was a reply to message #84021
blakej824

Favorite Golfer:
    Tiger Arnie Rickie
Favorite Golf Course:
    Kapalua Plantation

Tuesday June 6, 2017 6:14 PM
Played twice. Shot 37-35 for a 72 at Black Gold on the 1st. My first ever par round! Pretty stoked. That course is choice right now. Then I shot a 39-39 for a 78 at Eagle Glen on Sunday. That course is pretty good but of the two I would play Black Gold first right now if only based on conditions. Ditto what GDR23 says hope everyone is enjoying the beautiful weather and playing well.
 Message #84043 - This was a reply to message #84021
larryq2001

Favorite Golfer:
    Ernie Els
Favorite Golf Course:
    Bailey Creek

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Tuesday June 6, 2017 6:42 PM
In the last week of May and first week of June, played 7 rounds in 8 days. Late May in Northern Calif, played 3 rounds including a tournament, shooting 75 at Bartley Cavanaugh (Sacramento), 80 at Canyon Oaks (private course in Chico) then a 74 at Bailey Creek (tournament). Then heading down to the desert to play in the SCGA Bob Hope Trail outing. Shooting 84 at Ironwood, 76 at Indian Wells, 79 at Rancho La Quinta then 82 at Tamarisk. Thoroughly enjoyable and the old body held up!! Had a lot of fun and played with some of GK’ers - sixpez, ppark81, dodontails and rgm2525. Looking forward to more golf in June!
 Message #84044 - This was a reply to message #84021
JohnnyGK

JohnnyGK

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Cascata

Tuesday June 6, 2017 7:24 PM
QUOTED  Played twice. Shot 37-35 for a 72 at Black Gold on the 1st. My first ever par round! Pretty stoked. That course is choice right now. Then I shot a 39-39 for a 78 at Eagle Glen on Sunday. That course is pretty good but of the two I would play Black Gold first right now if only based on conditions. Ditto what GDR23 says hope everyone is enjoying the beautiful weather and playing well.

Fantastic! - Congrats! - 35 back-nine at Black Gold is playing some golf. Will be there Thursday.

BTW - thinking of doing a GK Guru round at Eagle Glen, been waiting on a more recent review to post, sounds encouraging the conditions are good, love that track, my question is how good? Any chance you could post a review of Eagle Glen?

Thanks!

Johnny
GK is now on FACEBOOK! CLICK HERE and become a fan!
 Message #84045 - This was a reply to message #84043
SBogey

SoCal Community Staff

Favorite Golfer:
    Phil/Day/
Favorite Golf Course:
    Eagle Falls

Tuesday June 6, 2017 9:11 PM
Got out for the first time at Bear Mountain this year! Course is in pretty good shape. Fairways are nice and rough is lush with some bare spots. Tee boxes were fuzzy for the most part. Greens looked nice but are already firm and not holding shots but unusually slow. It has been open about 2 weeks so still a way to go to get to top shape but making a nice start at it. Started with a easy par then a string of should have been pars. Made some great shots and a few stinkers but felt good with league starting this week. Finished with a nice sand save for par to finish with a pretty average 42.
 Message #84046 - This was a reply to message #84045
SBogey

SoCal Community Staff

Favorite Golfer:
    Phil/Day/
Favorite Golf Course:
    Eagle Falls

Thursday June 8, 2017 9:45 PM
After many years of trying I am finally officially in the Thursday league at Bear Mountain. My good friend is out this season battling cancer so I joined the team I subbed for most of the year last year in his place. Tonight was the first night, though it was mostly a fun round. Started on #3 and made bogey after bogey. Finally managed a par on #8 but just missed par on 9 so another bogey. Same on 1 then on 2 hit a nice drive layed up to 100 and put my approach about 15' from the pin. Sank it for a finishing birdie. Ended up with a 41 which may lower my league handicap! Kind of a mixed blessing.
Almost missed the fact it was a double bogey free round. Haven't had many of those lately!

[[Edited by SBogey on Friday June 9, 2017 9:24 AM]]
 Message #84095 - This was a reply to message #84046
mpisarski01

Favorite Golfer:
    CHUCK NORRIS
Favorite Golf Course:
    Wolf Creek

Saturday June 10, 2017 10:28 AM
77 at Crossings at Carlsbad. Shot even par on the front nine and 5 over on the back nine. I was happy with everything and wish I could have 26 putts every round.
 Message #84122 - This was a reply to message #84021
roarksown1

Favorite Golfer:
    Whoever's with me playing
Favorite Golf Course:
    Bighorn

Saturday June 10, 2017 3:16 PM
Had a great front nine going at Goose Creek on Friday and felt like breaking 80 was a possibility, but then got carried away with the moment and made some bad decisions to ruin it after just three holes on the back. Finished the front nine with two birdies and a 39 overall, then hit a great chip shot on 10 to par the hole and feel good going forward. Unfortunately on the par 3 11th I hit a bad shot right into the OB and in my haste just re-tee'd instead of taking drop up where I crossed the hazard. My provisional was also OB and that was that. Figured one bad hole might not sink me but then my tee shot on the par 5 12th drifted left and hit the big tree sending my ball who knows where. My provisional? Sliced right OB. Yep. Four penalties over two holes to sink the round. Steadied the ship after that until 15 and then, maybe luckily, had to leave anyway and call it early. I guess in a way that's for the best as I would have been really bummed out having to leave if breaking 80 would have still been in play!
 Message #84130 - This was a reply to message #84122
Rat-Patrol

Favorite Golfer:
    My Grandpa was
Favorite Golf Course:
    Balboa Park GC

Saturday June 10, 2017 3:42 PM
Robert? If you were actually "OB" you could not take a drop at the point it crossed out of bounds. OB is a stroke AND distance penalty, you would have had to re-tee on a par 3 and been hitting 3 off the tee or from elsewhere taken a drop as close as possible to the spot you played the shot from that went "OB" under penalty, once again, of stroke AND distance . . . that being said, sorry to hear about your good round gone sour, but you still strung quite a few great holes together. For that you should be proud!
 Message #84131 - This was a reply to message #84130

Listing 1 to 10 of 36 Replies

PAGES: 4 1 2 3 4

[ Community Page ]