Discussions in What d'you shoot (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
Moderated By CPennbo, JohnnyGK, kviser, Paisano, thingstodo

Forums
Greenskeeper.org
What d'you shoot (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
What d'you shoot January-2018 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: What d'you shoot January-2018 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 1 to 10 of 26 Replies

PAGES: 3 1 2 3
JohnnyGK
What d'you shoot January-2018 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)

JohnnyGK

GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Cascata

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Monday January 1, 2018 11:29 AM
Its here! - 2018 - I've been looking so forward this year. I have a great feeling about it for golf and GK

I'm going to play much more this year than before. Hope to tee it up with many of you!

Love reading your posts.

Johnny
GK FACEBOOK - Please check it out - CLICK HERE - I'm doing fun posts all the time.
 Message #86611
mpisarski01
RE: What d'you shoot January-2018 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)

Favorite Golfer:
    John Daly
Favorite Golf Course:
    Wolf Creek

Monday January 1, 2018 11:39 PM
Started the year off on a great note. Shot a 79 at Waitangi Golf in Club Bay Of Islands, New Zealand. The front nine is where I played best shooting 1 over 37 and on the back nine it started to rain and the course started to get tough.

Over all very happy!

we played the combos which run about 6000 meters or roughly 6500 yards. The course is on the bay of islands and offers spectacular views. Total cost with M2 rental clubs and cart was $104 NZD or about $75US

[[Edited by mpisarski01 on Monday January 1, 2018 11:40 PM]]
 Message #86620 - This was a reply to message #86611
roarksown1

Favorite Golfer:
    Whoever's with me playing
Favorite Golf Course:
    Bighorn Golf Club

Tuesday January 2, 2018 2:54 PM
QUOTED  Started the year off on a great note. Shot a 79 at Waitangi Golf in Club Bay Of Islands, New Zealand. The front nine is where I played best shooting 1 over 37 and on the back nine it started to rain and the course started to get tough.

Nice one, Matt! And in New Zealand? That sounds wild ... always curious about playing there and in Australia. What would you say would be the main differences between playing there and here? Etiquette the same? Any differences in setup or how they get you out on the course? Marshalls? Just very curious - thanks!
 Message #86628 - This was a reply to message #86620
GDR23
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GK Cup: Past & Current Champions of The GK Cup

Favorite Golfer:
    Woods--- Couples
Favorite Golf Course:
    Rustic Purisma Sandpiper

Tuesday January 2, 2018 5:08 PM
Started off the New Year at my home course Rustic from walking the Blue tees joined by my buddy RGM2525. We played in swirling wind conditions on the front that also made #10 and #11 play tough--wind died down after hole #11. Birdied #3, #5 and #7 with bogeys on #4 and #6 for a 35 on the front. Made bogeys on #10 and #16 for a 38 on the back--had a chance to go low driving the fringe on #12 and what I thought was a good 4 wood on #13 ended up being over the green in 2 shots with a tough eagle pitch back to a back pin--ended up with a 73. Always enjoy bombing it and playing with Ron. Happy New Year Everyone.
Please check my websitegdrgolf instruction click here
 Message #86629 - This was a reply to message #86628
mpisarski01

Favorite Golfer:
    John Daly
Favorite Golf Course:
    Wolf Creek

Wednesday January 3, 2018 1:58 PM
@rob

The major and only difference I noticed was playing in meters not yards. The course we played did not have a book but we found that one meter is 1.09 yards. My math skills are not great but a calculator works great haha. Also the markers on the course were placed at 90 meters 135 meters and 180 meters so each were the same as 100-150-200 yards which made life easy
 Message #86640 - This was a reply to message #86628
SBogey

SoCal Community Staff

Favorite Golfer:
    Phil/Day/
Favorite Golf Course:
    Eagle Falls

Thursday January 4, 2018 6:40 PM
Wanted to get out for a chance to play my new clubs before Rams Hill. Cpennbo and I decided to see how Green Tree was doing and get a tune up too. It's heartbreaking to see the course now, having played it for so many years. The fairways are a mix of brown and green. They have removed (or just let die) most of the fairway from the tees to about 150 yards or so. I guess that if your tee shot ends up in the dirt its just more punishment for a poor shot.
On the good side; the tee boxes were in good shape, bunkers were nice and soft and the greens were awesome! We both felt it made the overall experience pretty good and was in fact an excellent warm up for Sunday. Though I didn't find I got any more yards out of the new clubs I love the feel. Much lighter and easy to swing. Good contact was like hitting air and mi sh-t s got close to the same yardage but felt like hitting a rock.
As for the round, I had my customary 7 pars but 5 double bogeys. Shot 46-44 with 34 putts but 3, 3 putts on the front adjusting to the fast greens. Downhill putts would not stop even if you just tried to roll them 6" they would roll 10 feet. Scary fast. I keep hoping they will bring the course back to its former glory but it will be years I'm afraid!
 Message #86660 - This was a reply to message #86640
Rat-Patrol

Favorite Golfer:
    My Grandpa was
Favorite Golf Course:
    Balboa Park GC

Sunday January 7, 2018 9:13 PM
Friday at Torrey north a disappointing 89, but, I only used one ball through the whole round . . . which considering the thick, gnarly rough was a small victory unto itself.
 Message #86701 - This was a reply to message #86660
Rat-Patrol

Favorite Golfer:
    My Grandpa was
Favorite Golf Course:
    Balboa Park GC

Monday January 8, 2018 5:27 AM
Yesterday at Rams Hill an 85 that seemed much worse until I added them up . . . I had 32 putts Wendy.

Thanks to Chris, Steve and Gus for a fun enjoyable day in great weather at a spectacular course! Let's do it again soon!
 Message #86704 - This was a reply to message #86701
SBogey

SoCal Community Staff

Favorite Golfer:
    Phil/Day/
Favorite Golf Course:
    Eagle Falls

Monday January 8, 2018 6:06 AM
Made the 3+ hour drive to play Rams Hill in the GK get together and boy am I glad I did. With the state of my game recently I set my sights a bit lower and was just hoping to break 90 for the first time in a while. Started out with a surprising par (with memories of my opening triple the last time). Made a nice recovery from the desert on 2 to make bogey. Then the first and only double on 3. The rest of the day was 1 highlight after another. Most notably on the par 5 6th, put my tee shot in the deep bunker on the right. Played safe hitting pitching wedge to get over the high wall and hit it beauty leaving 106 in. Hit the wedge again right over the flag and got a little love as it rolled back down the hill to within 4 feet. Thought I was putting for par and rolled it in and found out after it was a par 5 and it was a bird. Lowlight on the front was after a nice tee shot on 9 to about 10' blasted my putt by and had a 3 putt bogey to finish the front with a nice 41. Opened the back with 4 pars in a row then another 3 putt bogey followed by 2 more bogies. Hit my worst drive of the day on 17 but got lucky and instead of being in the desert found the rough. Hit a woefully short second but made a great 3rd to 4 feet and saved par. Finished with a great tee shot up the middle, a sweet 3 wood to 70 yards out and on the green in 3. Nice 2 putt par to finish with a closing 39. Over all 9 pars and a birdie. 3, 3 putts cost me a chance for my 3rd sub 80 round but I am a happy fellow all the same!
Since we finished the round in 4.5 hours we were able to stay and enjoy a nice dinner and got to say high to most of the GK gang. Cpennbo also had a really nice round with a sweet downhill breaking putt for birdie on 17 so the drive home didn't seem so bad and we were home by 9 so the dogs and horses didn't hate us for leaving them so long. Always enjoy playing with Rat and hadn't seen Gus in a while so enjoyed catching up with him and made the day a fun time.
 Message #86705 - This was a reply to message #86704
roarksown1

Favorite Golfer:
    Whoever's with me playing
Favorite Golf Course:
    Bighorn Golf Club

Monday January 8, 2018 8:26 AM
Another frustrating finish to what would have been a great round for me at Rams Hill on Sunday. The front nine was a bit nutty as I made par on four of the first five holes, but had a total blowup on 3 that cost me a quad. Stabilized well enough and came in with a good 42, including a birdie on the short par 5 6th hole. Started the back nine well enough, with the highlight being an 'on in two' GIR on the par 5 11th, but ruined it with my first three putt of the weekend to settle for par. Was going along just fine and reached the 17th tee box at just five over on the back and looking to finish strong to keep a nice low 80s score for the day, but then of course the inevitable happened. Lost my swing entirely on the last two holes, went triple, triple to finish and had to record an 89 for the day (adjusted to 87 for GHIN). Total opposite finish of last time I played here when I played the last three holes even. Go figure.

On a more positive note, played three rounds this weekend at Borrego Springs Resort, De Anza CC and Rams Hill - putting numbers were super solid all weekend with totals of 32, 26 and 31, respectively. Been a while since I've putted that well so that felt great. Long may it continue!

[[Edited by roarksown1 on Monday January 8, 2018 9:05 AM]]
 Message #86707 - This was a reply to message #86705

Listing 1 to 10 of 26 Replies

PAGES: 3 1 2 3

[ Community Page ]