Discussions in What d'you shoot (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
Moderated By CPennbo, JohnnyGK, kviser, Paisano, thingstodo

Forums
Greenskeeper.org
What d'you shoot (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
What d'you shoot December-2017 (GK Cyber Clubho...
YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: What d'you shoot December-2017 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 1 to 10 of 10 Replies

PAGES: 1
JohnnyGK
What d'you shoot December-2017 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)

JohnnyGK

GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Cascata

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Saturday December 1, 2018 8:20 AM
It was a lean month for me in November, only 2 rounds.

Excited to play much more in December. I know I got two rounds coming up next weekend at our year end GK Plays Outings!

Going to get back out to Vegas the following week and maybe up to NorCal the week after that.

Hoping everyone gets their fair share of golf in over the Holidays!
GK FACEBOOK - Please check it out - CLICK HERE - I'm doing fun posts all the time.
 Message #89958
Alex326
RE: What d'you shoot December-2017 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach

Monday December 3, 2018 8:34 PM
Played a tribute round dressed in black as a respect to the passing of President Bush. My par putt on the ninth lipped out for a tap in bogey for an opening nine score of 41! Very fitting and probably one of the only front nine scores I'll ever remember.

Two birdies during the round gave me a decent start to December that should include some nice challenging and scenic courses throughout the state.

[[Edited by Alex326 on Monday December 3, 2018 8:58 PM]]
 Message #89976 - This was a reply to message #89958
JohnnyGK

JohnnyGK

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Cascata

Monday December 10, 2018 10:28 AM
Will be doing full outing recaps but quick note, I found the secret to my game, play golf with Santa!

Was on fire pitching and putting (Hotdog back in the lineup) - so so ball striking but only because I have not played much the last 6 weeks.

Rams Hill Golf Club on Sunday.

Started off Double Bogey, Bogey (both on long three putts) - then shot even par the rest of the round with 3 birds, 3 bogeys, 10 pars.

I know I don't keep score but hard not to know your score when you're doing that well.

Was my best round of the year!
GK FACEBOOK - Please check it out - CLICK HERE - I'm doing fun posts all the time.
 Message #90013 - This was a reply to message #89958
caligolfer1031

Favorite Golfer:
    Adam Scott, Bubba Watson
Favorite Golf Course:
    Spyglass Hill

Monday December 10, 2018 11:26 AM
Playing only my 2nd round in 4 months, I played Trump National and will never again talk about the score I shot there. Great course, lots of fun enjoy myself immensely, but lets just say my score was very BIGLY.
 Message #90014 - This was a reply to message #90013
kevbig

Favorite Golfer:
    Tiger Woods
Favorite Golf Course:
    Palmer Course- Turtle Bay

Monday December 10, 2018 12:14 PM
38-46 = 84 @ Ocean Trails Saturday. No waiting on the front nine and then a whole lot of backups on the back which led to me taking too many pictures and getting distracted lol

38-39 = 77 @ Rams Hill yesterday. Like Johnny, not much in the way of ball striking but managed to find enough fairways and scrambled when needed to grind out a bunch of pars. Flat stick has been behaving lately so I'll happily take that!
 Message #90015 - This was a reply to message #90014
GDR23
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GK Cup: Past & Current Champions of The GK Cup

Favorite Golfer:
    Woods--- Couples
Favorite Golf Course:
    Rustic Purisma Sandpiper

Tuesday December 11, 2018 9:27 AM
Awesome round Johnny--so glad to hear some of the bunker work and wedge work we have been working on together is helping. You are my second student in the last couple weeks that have shot their best round of the year in the last week. Hope you are able to get out and practice more and play more golf--that goes for me as well.

Happy Holidays Everyone.
Please check my websitegdrgolf instruction click here
 Message #90031 - This was a reply to message #90015
Rat-Patrol

Favorite Golfer:
    My Grandpa was
Favorite Golf Course:
    Balboa Park GC

Thursday December 13, 2018 6:25 PM
85, at Balboa Park. Even for then first 11 holes (1 birdie on 3, 1 bogie on 8) . . . then I shot myself in the foot with a 10 on 12, OUCH!

Again I just couldn't make the putts with 10 greens in reg on the first 11 holes and only 1 bird!
 Message #90043 - This was a reply to message #90031
mpisarski01

Favorite Golfer:
    John Daly
Favorite Golf Course:
    Grizzly Ranch

Monday December 17, 2018 1:06 PM
Played Pechanga on Sunday and had a terrible 4 hole stretch. I started by going par,par,par then 7,9,7,7 to shoot a 50 on the front then followed up with a 40 on the back with two doubles and the rest pars. One good thing about yesterday was I made par on all of the par 3's which makes three rounds in a row where I have shot even par on the 3's.
 Message #90048 - This was a reply to message #89958
roarksown1

Favorite Golfer:
    Whoever's with me playing
Favorite Golf Course:
    Bighorn Golf Club

Tuesday December 18, 2018 7:53 PM
Well, it's been a rather exceptional golf month destination wise for me as I've played the longest succession of great courses in a row than I've likely ever played (including the last day in November which was at Monarch Beach), but it's wreaked nothing but havoc on my handicap as these far tougher courses have basically eaten me for breakfast. Even when I felt like I was having some good stretches (like the first six holes on the back nine at Shadow Ridge), the big numbers still popped up and sunk any chance for a good low score. It's been wonderful to play so many great, lush and challenging courses, but at the same time I feel defeated that none of my better success on easier ones translated much so far this month. To recap:

12/2: Marriott's Shadow Ridge (Palm Desert): Tough start but cleaned up a lot on back nine but went 7-over last 3 holes to shoot 92.
12/3: La Quinta - Mountain Course (La Quinta): A few too many big numbers but some solid sections but still only good enough for 94.
12/4: The Palms Golf Club (La Quinta): Perfect conditions but the slickest greens and absolutely no room for poor execution. 102. Ouch.
12/5: Mission Hills - Dinah Shore (Rancho Mirage): Solid front nine but rains came late and 6-over last two holes dropped me down to a 94.
12/14: Miami Beach Golf Club (Miami): So many hazards and could never put together any solid stretches and it cost me throughout for 98.

In truth, after this crazy stretch of great places that is absolutely out of my normal rotation (and I am so lucky to have been able to play), I really do look forward to getting back on some of the more familiar tracks back home that I will have a better shot at some lower scores and getting some confidence back after the beatdown that has been December. Encino here I come!
 Message #90056 - This was a reply to message #90048
Alex326

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach

Tuesday December 18, 2018 8:41 PM
Thanks for making me feel better Rob. 7 out of my last 9 rounds have been in the 90's. Three triple bogeys alone today.
 Message #90057 - This was a reply to message #90056

Listing 1 to 10 of 10 Replies

PAGES: 1

[ Community Page ]