Discussions in What d'you shoot (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
Moderated By CPennbo, JohnnyGK, kviser, Paisano, thingstodo

Forums
Greenskeeper.org
What d'you shoot (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
What d'you shoot May-2019 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: What d'you shoot May-2019 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 1 to 10 of 29 Replies

PAGES: 3 1 2 3
JohnnyGK
What d'you shoot May-2019 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)

JohnnyGK

GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Cascata

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Wednesday May 1, 2019 7:13 AM
Got a bunch of golf planned for this month and hoping the 3 week shut down of my game in April will have healed my rib. I'm climbing the walls to play and my rib feels pretty darn good right now. First stops are this weekend Bodega Harbour, Corica Park South and then Sandpiper on Monday. I always feel like May & June produce the best overall playing conditions in California.

Looking forward to your posts!
GK FACEBOOK - Please check it out - CLICK HERE - I'm doing fun posts all the time.
 Message #91229
Alex326
RE: What d'you shoot May-2019 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach

Wednesday May 1, 2019 3:47 PM
After 5 straight rounds in the 90's, I ended April on a high note. Threatened a sub 80 but cracked under pressure going 2 over in the final three holes to post an 81. Odd thing was the driver went sideways on me (figuratively and literally) mid round but my wedges channeled Phil Mickelson and kept me in the hunt. Putter needed to be just a little sharper as I missed too many birdies throughout the round.

Played this morning at the Links in Paso and shot a 77. Here's the thing. The greens were just sanded two days ago so I'm not sure how I feel about it. I did not do the "automatic 2 putt" that so many of us do on sanded greens. I putted everything out. I had 10 GIR's so my ball striking was solid. On top of that as I mentioned above my wedges were dialed in and I had four scrambles for par.

My question is what do others do/feel about a score in conditions like that with heavily sanded greens? Do you count it? Or is it entered into the memory bank with an asterisk ?
 Message #91238 - This was a reply to message #91229
Nickesquire

Favorite Golfer:
    Jack, Freddie, Tiger
Favorite Golf Course:
    Maderas Olivas Sherwood

Thursday May 2, 2019 7:32 PM
They all count...
The goal is long and straight! But on the many times I cannot seem to hit them straight, I at least want to hit them long!
 Message #91250 - This was a reply to message #91238
JohnnyGK

JohnnyGK

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Cascata

Monday May 6, 2019 5:59 PM
Played 3 very enjoyable rounds with my rib back to full health. So much fun with fellow GK'ers. Reviews to be posted soon.

Saturday shot an 87 at The Links at Bodega Harbour
Sunday shot an 82 at Corica Park South Course
Monday shot an 85 at Sandpiper Golf Club

Good ball sticking getting better.
Good putting getting better.

However my chipping/pitching have been terrible as well as my 100 yard and in approach shots resulting my scores going up instead of down. I've always known how important 100 yards and in is but now I'm vividly, frustratingly, living it. Its a sinking feeling to be in position to score well the majority of the day and keep missing opportunity after opportunity. My index has gone on the scoretracker from 7.8 in March to 9.7 now. I have never been a 10 or higher on Scoretracker since launching GK and I don't plan on it happening. At least I know what I need to practice and hopefully things will return to normal.
GK FACEBOOK - Please check it out - CLICK HERE - I'm doing fun posts all the time.
 Message #91281 - This was a reply to message #91229
roarksown1

Favorite Golfer:
    Whoever's with me playing
Favorite Golf Course:
    Bighorn Golf Club

Monday May 6, 2019 7:40 PM
QUOTED  My index has gone on the scoretracker from 7.8 in March to 9.7 now.

Pretty convenient timing ahead of our match this weekend … hmmmmmm. ;-p
 Message #91282 - This was a reply to message #91281
mpisarski01

Favorite Golfer:
    John Daly
Favorite Golf Course:
    Grizzly Ranch

Monday May 6, 2019 8:01 PM
Had a good shot at breaking into the 70's today at Sandpiper. Started the round with a pulled drive and a 2 yard pitch out from a tree and chunked the 4th. Hit a nice chip and one putted for bogey. I was thinking ok get rid of a bad luck lie and a mistake shot ill be ok. Ended up rattling off 6 pars and 3 bogeys for a 39 on the front.

Then the head game came in, I knew four bogeys or less will do the trick. Hole ten I get away with a pulled drive on a dogleg left wedge and 2 putt for par. Great start. Next is the down hill signature par 3 going down to the beach. I tried to use the wind and a natural fade on my 6 iron and of course it stays straight. Chip over the green and the a nice two putt from 40 feet for bogey.

Now things get bad. With three bogeys to have I was sitting ok with 2 par fives and a easy par 3 still to be played. Hole 12.... 150 yard worm burner drive, crushed four iron, chunked PW, Chunked Chip and 2 putts DBL bogey.... Hole 14 made par. Hole 15 lost drive and first three putt of the day DBL Bogey. Shoot now need a birdie and two pars. Hole 16... Terrible drive, offline 2nd, and bogey is made. Hole 17.... BAD drive, BAD 2nd, BAD 3rd BAD Chip, 2 putts DBL. NO CHANCE AT 79. Par 3 18th hit a towering shot on the upper tier of the green but a bounce instead of spin keeps me off the back. A nice lag from off the green and two putts for a 45 on the back.

I'm not mad at a 84 but disappointed in my back nine collapse.
 Message #91283 - This was a reply to message #91282
JohnnyGK

JohnnyGK

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Cascata

Monday May 6, 2019 8:25 PM
QUOTED  Pretty convenient timing ahead of our match this weekend … hmmmmmm. ;-p

I know. You guys should be feeling lucky. LOL

Or maybe a GK Cup match is exactly what I need to dial my game in again. Looking forward to this weekend!

[[Edited by JohnnyGK on Monday May 6, 2019 8:26 PM]]
 Message #91284 - This was a reply to message #91282
GDR23
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GK Cup: Past & Current Champions of The GK Cup

Favorite Golfer:
    Woods--- Couples
Favorite Golf Course:
    Rustic Purisma Sandpiper

Monday May 6, 2019 8:37 PM
I made time this weekend to play.

Played 27 holes with a buddy at Olivas on Saturday afternoon shooting even 36 on the front nine, played the front again shooting a 3 under 33 with an eagle on number 4 and a birdie on number 5. We finally made the turn on our 3rd nine with a more open back nine--we turned on number 12 into a very cold wind and I hit a couple loose squirrely shots for a 39 with bogeys on 11, 12 and 13.

Great to get out with GKer's this morning at Sandpiper--my 2nd favorite course. Started out with a birdie on 1 after reaching number 1 in two shots. Made birdies on 3 and number 7 for a 3 under 33 on the front. Leaked some oil on the back making bogeys on 11, 14 and 17 ending up with a 72. We had a great time with a ton of laughs even getting an iron stuck up in a tree on number 15 that was eventually retrieved...will let others tell that story.

Thanks to Johnny for the invite and to Ron, Mike and Nick for the company!
Please check my websitegdrgolf instruction click here
 Message #91285 - This was a reply to message #91283
Alex326

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach

Monday May 6, 2019 10:05 PM
Had decent ball striking at Bodega (except for a 3 hole stretch on the back 9) but had horrendous putting. I had something like 6 three putts on the front nine alone. Plus some two putts that should have only been one putts. I checked out mentally and physically early at Corica park. Oddly enough even with 5 less pars than Bodega my score was only two shots higher than at Bodega. No lost balls and a bit better putting helped. Today at Sandpiper things were back on track. Good ball striking with driver and irons, average with wedges and 50/50 with the putter. Shot an 86 so I was content. I really only had one bad shot all day ( I'm not counting the 3 wood that came up short over the gully. That really only had a 50% chance of making it to start with).

Things I learned over the last 3 days:

You don't have to be super long as long as you're super accurate - RGM2525
If you are super long it makes being accurate on the next shot a lot easier - Mpisarski01
If you are super long and super accurate, you give lessons to others - GDR23
If you have a GK cup match coming up you are happy not to be accurate - JohnnyGK
If you are on the other end of said match play you become suspicious of your opponents handicap suddenly going up 3 strokes - Roarksown1
If you throw a club up into a tree, make sure it's one you don't need the rest of the round - Nickesquire1
If you pay more attention to your golf game and less attention to your outfit you score better - Alex326

[[Edited by Alex326 on Monday May 6, 2019 10:06 PM]]
 Message #91286 - This was a reply to message #91285
Rat-Patrol

Favorite Golfer:
    My Grandpa was
Favorite Golf Course:
    Balboa Park GC

Friday May 10, 2019 8:59 PM
86, 40/46, nice easy comfortable round with good ball striking, drove the ball well, putted decently and if it weren't for the quad on 12 it would have been a good scoring round. 12 has been my bugaboo since coming in to that hole even par a few months ago and then getting a 10 . . . they say it's all in your head . . . all in your head they say . . . all in your, head . . .
 Message #91359 - This was a reply to message #91286

Listing 1 to 10 of 29 Replies

PAGES: 3 1 2 3

[ Community Page ]