Discussions in What d'you shoot (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
Moderated By CPennbo, JohnnyGK, kviser, Paisano, thingstodo

Forums
Greenskeeper.org
What d'you shoot (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
What d'you shoot August-2019 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: What d'you shoot August-2019 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 1 to 10 of 26 Replies

PAGES: 3 1 2 3
JohnnyGK
What d'you shoot August-2019 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)

JohnnyGK

GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Cascata

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Thursday August 1, 2019 7:14 AM
Lots a variables for me this month as far as if I will be playing a lot or very little. I would like to make my annual trip to Scottsdale to play prime summer conditions there with the beautiful monsoon backdrops. A trip to Palm Springs would be fun too for the same reasons.

Looking forward to reading everyone's posts.
GK FACEBOOK - Please check it out - CLICK HERE - I'm doing fun posts all the time.
 Message #92066
SBogey
RE: What d'you shoot August-2019 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)

SoCal Community Staff

Favorite Golfer:
    Phil/Day/
Favorite Golf Course:
    Eagle Falls

Friday August 2, 2019 7:29 AM
I got out today and played my first 18 hole round. Thursday night is league night so I went early and played a round before. Shot 46 with 7 5's and 8 and a 3. The 8 was on #3 with its sloped green. Was above the hole and came up short, then short again and my 3 footer missed the hole and ran off the green. A 5 putt! League went OK and we managed a win when our opponents had a 9 on the par 5 4th. Course is in great shape and the greens are running fast!
 Message #92069 - This was a reply to message #92066
rob1563

Southern Nevada Community Staff

Favorite Golfer:
    Ryan Moore
Favorite Golf Course:
    Wolf Creek

Sunday August 4, 2019 12:11 AM
Great weekend of golf!

1st round was at Casablanca Golf Club. Played the Clubs (white) tees, 6109 yards, 69.9/124. Such a weird round. Birdie #2, a shortish par 5, then par on the next 2 to start 2 over through 4. I thought the driver was on, but looking back at my stats, IT WAS NOT. Only 4 fairways and 3 GIR. Surprisingly, shot a very nice 91 (46/45), with 6 (!) penalties. It appeared my chipping game was better than I thought since I only had 26 putts.

2nd round was at WOLF CREEK! How do you play in Mesquite and not play it? Played from the Masters (white) tees, about 5798 yards (playing about 6300 yards according to the starter), 68.2/134. Hey, I hit #3 (that stupid uphill par 3, worst hole on the course!) from the tee and parred it! I love that hole now! I did play 3-5 in 1 over, but shot a smooth 52 on the front. Penalties, penalties, penalties. I can say that 9 times because I lost a 3 sleeves. Ended with an even 100, with 9 penalties. So disappointing, but still the best I've ever shot here. And it was WOLF CREEK! So no complaints. Finished with a par to cap the day.

3rd was a recuperative round at Angel Park Mountain. Driver was off all day, which made it a very long day. Only 2 Fairways, 3 GIR. The front 9 was forgettable, unfortunately I only remember the bad shots. Back 9 was not bad, a rare par on on the short par 5 13th, horrible slicing drive, nice 5 iron, nice 7 iron, and tap in par after a bad putt. 16 was horrendous. Great drive, only to end in up in the sand after 2, barely out, thinned across the green, and 2 putt for a smooth 7 after being about 100 yards in after the tee shot. Ended with a 97 (49/48) and a great par on 18 from the 10th fairway.
 Message #92094 - This was a reply to message #92066
SBogey

SoCal Community Staff

Favorite Golfer:
    Phil/Day/
Favorite Golf Course:
    Eagle Falls

Sunday August 4, 2019 6:52 PM
Got out today for my first real round since surgery! We played Tukwet Canyon legends course. Played with 2 really great guys we got paired with and made for a very enjoyable day. I still can't seem to hit my driver so played my 3 wood off the tee. Hit it very well but even from the whites found myself 200 out for my second shot. Short game kept me competitive with 7 pars of which 4 were 1 putts. The shot of the day came on the par 5 16th. Ok drive, nice second shot also with 3 wood, leaving 125 to the hole. Pushed it right and short and left a 30 yard shot from deep rough. Used the Cleveland 60 degree I won from GK! Popped it up and since the green ran away from me I could not see the hole. One of our playing partners said "Nice Shot" while it was in the air. Then it dropped out of site and the next thing I hear are shouts from all 3 of them. Chris said it hit bounced once then bounced in the hole! 7 pars and a birdie but 5 doubles. No triples at least but shot 86 so very pleased with how my game is coming back. As I get tired I feel the sensation of having an uphill lie since my left leg is longer now so had a couple awkward shots but Made it through and finished strong with a birdie, par, bogie final stretch. Now if I could just get the driver going again. Although as well as I am hitting the 3 wood maybe I should stick with it!

[[Edited by SBogey on Sunday August 4, 2019 9:46 PM]]
 Message #92101 - This was a reply to message #92094
Alex326

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach

Monday August 5, 2019 6:07 AM
30 total putts yesterday!! It has to be the lowest amount of putts I've ever had. 6 one putts (3 for birdie) and NO three putts. Guess benching Ol' faithfuth for a couple of rounds sent the message and she worked hard to earn the starting job back.

If only I could have putted like this during my GK match with Peter....

Like Rob and Steve, my driver was off all day (must be the way the planets are aligned). Sooner or later all of the clubs in my bag will perform on the same day.
 Message #92105 - This was a reply to message #92101
mpisarski01

Favorite Golfer:
    John Daly
Favorite Golf Course:
    Grizzly Ranch

Monday August 5, 2019 7:10 AM
After reading Alex’s post I don’t wanna day how many putts I had. Played Quintero golf club with some AZ friends on Saturday morning and boy it was an adventurous round. Greens were firm and depending on the grain it was fast or slow. I shot a 92 which doesn’t seem that bad but I had a stretch of 4 straight doubles and lost 5 golf balls. I did however birdie the 2nd hole. I could not get any ball to check on the greens and if you didn’t hit 10 ft short of the flag it was off the back. Reading the grain was tonight too which made for a long day putting I had at least 7 three putts. My best shots of the day were sand shots so that was a plus.
 Message #92106 - This was a reply to message #92101
Deepsea14

Favorite Golfer:
    Dad and his Dad
Favorite Golf Course:
    The one I'm playing

Monday August 5, 2019 8:03 AM
Drive for show putt for dough. Tales of two rounds. Since Alex brought up putting.
Saturday Ancil Hoffman 69.4/121 8 one putt greens should have been 9 missed two footer 1st hole for par. 28 Putts
Sunday Coyote Moon 69.2/130 Two putted everyone with a few longer ones to avoid three jack. 36 Putts

8 strokes difference on the greens for a 12 shot total score difference. Both about the same yardage the Moon more difficult tee to green. Was living in double land all day in Truckee.

Cosmic planet alignment? IDK, but this waxing crescent moon must be affecting the drivers of a lot of players mine included. Full moon on the 15th should alter that effect.

I'm just going to keep playing...
 Message #92107 - This was a reply to message #92106
Alex326

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach

Monday August 5, 2019 10:09 AM
Don't worry Matt, I think I'm playing Blackhorse this weekend so I'll be happy to have under 45 putts on that course. Just steal my thunder Peter! I have the best putting day ever and you have a ho humm day with two putts less! But like I said in our match, your putter is like a magic wand!

I don't know if my mental stability will last til the 15th. Might need to just stick to the bike for a week or so.
 Message #92113 - This was a reply to message #92107
noeldaof

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

RPGC MAIL USER ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Monday August 5, 2019 10:41 AM
What a nice weekend for you rob1563 !!
JVGA
 Message #92114 - This was a reply to message #92094
noeldaof

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

RPGC MAIL USER ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Monday August 5, 2019 10:52 AM
Had a fun Sunday at Heritage Palms. Not because I scored well but the irons were there for the most part although a couple of wayward drives- one to the house on the right and the other to the lake on the left. Then there was the wobbly putting surface and never made any putts in the 5-12 footers and even had two 3 putts (yikes). 41-41 for an 82.
JVGA
 Message #92115 - This was a reply to message #92114

Listing 1 to 10 of 26 Replies

PAGES: 3 1 2 3

[ Community Page ]