GK Cup 11 Sign-ups!!!!
GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    Jack, Freddie, Tiger
Favorite Golf Course:
    Maderas Olivas Sherwood

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Sunday January 14, 2018 8:47 PM
Sign up Deadline for GK Cup 11 is January 31, 2018. Sign-ups are limited to the first 32 participants, then we will accept alternates.

First round matches begin the first week of February 2018 and are projected to go through Memorial Day.

GK Cup Sign-Up Instructions:

Please message GK username: Nickesquire or Nickesquire1.
- When you are logged in you will see a message envelope in the top right corner of the screen.
- If you are having trouble messaging Nickesquire, then please e-mail: Golf@Greenskeeper.org.

We need the following information from you:
• Your GK username
• Your Last Name
• Your First Name
• Your Contact # (cellphone)
• Your E-mail Contact (personal E-mail)
• What city do you play out of?
• GHIN # (or if you are using GK Scoretracker, what is your current index?)
• 1st choice of geographic area? (North, South, East, West)
• 2nd choice of geographic area?

Please remember that the GK Cup Match Play "footprint" has frequently had competitors that live 75 to 150 miles apart playing in later rounds. The "regions" are loosely based to primarily facilitate closer early round match-ups. In committing to play in GK CUP 11, please keep in mind that the farther you advance, the more distance there is likely to be between you and your opponent. Therefore, accommodating both parties may be impossible. Be realistic with yourself. If you are only willing/able to play on Sunday mornings at your home club, then this format is not for you.

You can request any region to play in, your choice. Could be based on your home location, your work location, where you usually play or where you desire to play. There is no correct or incorrect region, completely your option. There are only 8 slots available per region. Therefore, if more people volunteer than there are spaces available, someone(s) will be slotted in a neighboring region.

Most North area competitors usually live north of Los Angeles & in Ventura County.

Most West area competitors usually live in western Los Angeles and northern Orange Counties.

Most East area competitors usually live in eastern Los Angeles and eastern Orange Counties, and anywhere in San Bernardino or Riverside Counties.

Most South area competitors usually live in southern Orange County and anywhere in San Diego County.

This is a handicapped, match-play event. All competitors are expected to post all rounds played and maintain current handicap indexes. Either official USGA handicaps or the GK Scoretracker are acceptable in this format.

It is the responsibility of all competitors to have current and verifiable handicap information for their opponent. It is the responsibility of the match opponents to request and verify current handicap information. Screenshots that include the current index plus the date and place of the competitors most 20 current rounds are recommended. Preferably BEFORE the match so all parties can determine course handicaps and the stroke differences for each set of tees that may be utilized.

All competitors may play any set of tees they choose, with course handicaps for tee differences adjusted accordingly.

In the past 3 GK Cups, I have tried to match up 1st round opponents with competitors who live close by. Hopefully within 20 miles. However, I avoid scheduling first round rematches whenever possible.

My goal is a transparent bracket laid out before the first match is played with no byes if possible. GK Cup 11 will be a maximum of 5 single elimination rounds, therefore 32 is the maximum amount of participants.

Final bracket, along with the most current handicap info I have:

EAST

Alex326 (12.0)
Nickesquire (11.5)

JohnnyGK (9.3)
Sixpez (11.8)

HmtGolfGuy (10.0)
adigitalg87 (16.0)

Andrew1 (6.7)
Mrkich (10.4)

SOUTH

140ver (11.3)
Rat-Patrol (10.8)

Long4par (8.4)
sbarajasjr (14.8)

rudyclub (8.1)
AndrewZ28 (9.4)

lotrgolfer48 (1.2)
dconnally (8.1)

WEST

Itslikeimsayin (7.3)
Sr714 (15.7)

mpisarski01 (14.2)
Fastfish433 (26.0)

apisarski (20.2)
Gregholla (8.9)

tocho261 (7.0)
Ringworld (9.8)

NORTH

RDDenn (7.3)
roarksown1 (14.5)

Nodoubles22 (3.6)
kassper7 (14.8)

caligolfer1031 (13.5)
t8fish (14.7)

lamitchw (10.0)
wsbell57 (17.5)

Alternates:
allan_grant
BrianH

[[Edited by Nickesquire on Saturday February 24, 2018 9:21 AM]]
The goal is long and straight! But on the many times I cannot seem to hit them straight, I at least want to hit them long!
 Message #86761
dconnally
RE: GK Cup 11 Sign-ups!!!!

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GK Cup: Past & Current Champions of The GK Cup

Favorite Golfer:
    Arnie
Favorite Golf Course:
    Oak Quarry; Tobiano

Sunday January 14, 2018 9:27 PM
I'm in! Ready for another first-round elimination!
Remember, we could be at work!!
 Message #86762 - This was a reply to message #86761
roarksown1

Favorite Golfer:
    Whoever's with me playing
Favorite Golf Course:
    Bighorn Golf Club

Sunday January 14, 2018 10:55 PM
Having two winners again this year or back to just the one?
 Message #86763 - This was a reply to message #86762
Nickesquire

Favorite Golfer:
    Jack, Freddie, Tiger
Favorite Golf Course:
    Maderas Olivas Sherwood

Monday January 15, 2018 3:40 AM
2 separate single elimination GK Cups in 2018 like we had in 2017.

However, starting earlier in 2018 so there will be little to no overlap between the two events.
The goal is long and straight! But on the many times I cannot seem to hit them straight, I at least want to hit them long!
 Message #86765 - This was a reply to message #86761
Alex326

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach

Monday January 15, 2018 7:39 PM
How far north of LA is realistic? Maybe do a Northern California GK Cup? Or at least a Nor Cal region for sectional qualifying?
 Message #86769 - This was a reply to message #86765
Nickesquire

Favorite Golfer:
    Jack, Freddie, Tiger
Favorite Golf Course:
    Maderas Olivas Sherwood

Monday January 15, 2018 8:54 PM
QUOTED  How far north of LA is realistic?

I doubt Monterey would be feasible for most, but it strictly depends on your travel tolerance Alex.

Example: It would be 2-3 hours driving for each participant for you to meet in the middle at places like Hunter Ranch or La Purisima for some of the northern most regular GK Cup participants. Considerably more if you advanced and later played a guy from the San Diego or Palm Springs areas in later rounds.
 Message #86771 - This was a reply to message #86769
michaelko
NorCal Community Staff

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

Tuesday January 16, 2018 4:42 PM
QUOTED 
QUOTED  How far north of LA is realistic?

I doubt Monterey would be feasible for most, but it strictly depends on your travel tolerance Alex.

Example: It would be 2-3 hours driving for each participant for you to meet in the middle at places like Hunter Ranch or La Purisima for some of the northern most regular GK Cup participants. Considerably more if you advanced and later played a guy from the San Diego or Palm Springs areas in later rounds.

what he is suggesting, i think, is a norcal regional, and then maybe square off against a socal winner.

i think the problem with this is that northern cal is so not like southern cal.

first off, the numbers are not there (i think, from a active participant standpoint)... so you can't have a sac regional, bay regional, etc. maybe i'm wrong about this.

second... driving an hour in norcal is so much less appealing than driving an hour in so cal.... and what i mean by that is that it's a different mindset. In SoCal, you drive an hour because you have to. You just do it. 20 mile drive? hour. 60 mile drive? 90 min. driving from elk grove to roseville, which is only 40 miles and mostly no traffic, is not something i do often, or want to do. When i have to, i dread it. But driving 40 miles to go from West LA to Diamond Bar? hour, and you do it no problem.
That's just in Sac. Sac to SF? 2-2 1/2 hrs with traffic most of the day. SF to Monterey? 2 hrs with traffic. Sac to Monterey? 3 hrs. merced to anywhere? we are too spread out.

so you would need a committed group willing to travel just in NorCal... i don't know.....
 Message #86775 - This was a reply to message #86769
Alex326

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach

Tuesday January 16, 2018 5:02 PM
I am all too familiar with the world revolving around LA. And I mean in that in fun spirited way. Back when I was racing as a cyclist they had a series called the US Cup and there wasn't a race more than 100 miles from LA! Apparently the other 49 1/2 states didn't exist. Anyway, I'm willing to travel (I so love golf in San Diego and Palm Springs) if by some miracle I were to advance. It would just be nice to have a couple of beat downs closer to home (i.e Hunter Ranch)to ease the pain of the long sad drive home.
 Message #86776 - This was a reply to message #86775
dkiewicz

Favorite Golfer:
    Fred couples
Favorite Golf Course:
    Torrey Pines south

Tuesday January 16, 2018 5:56 PM
QUOTED  We need the following information from you:
• Your GK username
• Your Last Name
• Your First Name
• Your Contact # (cellphone)
• Your E-mail Contact (personal E-mail)
• What city do you play out of?
• GHIN # (or if you are using GK Scoretracker, what is your current index?)
• 1st choice of geographic area? (North, South, East, West)
• 2nd choice of geographic area?

Are these matches all weekend deals? Are there special rack rates that you get or are we left to Golf Now or whatever we can get?

Thanks! Sounds interesting, but now I'm doing the Golf Am it might be hard to fit in both, but I am interested.

Dan ...
 Message #86777 - This was a reply to message #86761
Nickesquire

Favorite Golfer:
    Jack, Freddie, Tiger
Favorite Golf Course:
    Maderas Olivas Sherwood

Tuesday January 16, 2018 7:32 PM
QUOTED  Are these matches all weekend deals? Are there special rack rates that you get or are we left to Golf Now or whatever we can get?

Thanks! Sounds interesting, but now I'm doing the Golf Am it might be hard to fit in both, but I am interested.

Strictly up to the participants to communicate and agree on a venue, time and get the best price they can until the GK Cup finals. At that point, Johnny sets up the final match and gets comped tee times for the participants and reduced rate tee times for others who may want to play at the same time.
 Message #86778 - This was a reply to message #86777

Listing 1 to 10 of 65 Replies

PAGES: 7 1 2 3 4 5

[ Community Page ]