Vegas spread on the GK Cup???
GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    Jack, Freddie, Tiger
Favorite Golf Course:
    Maderas Olivas Sherwood

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Thursday May 31, 2018 8:10 AM
For those of you not aware, the GK Cup is now the 3rd largest wagering activity among Vegas sports books, trailing only the Super Bowl and March Madness.

Vegas sports books are looking to buck the trend of multiple straight betting underdogs winning the GK Cup.

Vegas first suffered substantial losses when prohibitive 2 to 1 betting favorite lotrgolfer48 lost to Sixpez in the GK Cup 8 Final held @ Black Gold.

Sixpez, riding a long winning streak had been established as the 8 to 5 favorite over Kassper7 in the GK Cup 9 Final. After Kassper7 pulled off the upset @ River Ridge Lakes, Vegas sports books again suffered large losses after the majority of the bets were placed on the favorite.

Nodoubles22 and lotrgoifer48 were a pick em until right before match time in the GK Cup 10 finals held @ Indian Wells Celebrity. Late $$$ came in on Nodoubles22 after word leaked out about lotrgolfer48's mediocre play in the morning warm-up round @ Eagle Falls. lotrgolfer48 was just toying with the Vegas odds makers as he came through with a vintage performance @ IW to claim yet another GK Cup.

The consensus line in Vegas for the GK Cup 11 Final has established Itslikeimsayin as a slight 6/5 betting favorite over AndrewZ28. Itslikeimsayin has a home county advantage with the match scheduled for Black Gold in this battle of GK Cup rookie finalists.

The ghost of Jimmy the Greek reported that Vegas odds makers are currently happy that exactly the same amount of bets have been placed on each participant in the GK Cup 11 Final. Estimates range from zero to the billions... However, they worry about the possibility of late $$$ coming in and that they will once again be left holding the bag after being wrong on yet another GK Cup Final.
The goal is long and straight! But on the many times I cannot seem to hit them straight, I at least want to hit them long!
 Message #88445
mpisarski01
RE: Vegas spread on the GK Cup???

Favorite Golfer:
    John Daly
Favorite Golf Course:
    Wolf Creek

Thursday May 31, 2018 8:13 AM
I've got money on AndrewZ28. The only thing that can hurt him is the beer/hole ratio. After scouting him against Johnny a few weeks back itslikimsaying better bring his A game.
 Message #88446 - This was a reply to message #88445
AndrewZ28

Favorite Golfer:
    Ben Hogan
Favorite Golf Course:
    La Purisima

Thursday May 31, 2018 12:02 PM
Matt, I like to look at the beer/hole ratio as a bell curve. There are definitely diminishing returns at a certain point, but its key to stay in that zone where my back is loose and I don't think too much over 3 footers
 Message #88452 - This was a reply to message #88446
lotrgolfer48

GK Cup: Past & Current Champions of The GK Cup GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    Jordan Spieth
Favorite Golf Course:
    Chambers Bay

Thursday May 31, 2018 12:40 PM
I did not play sixpez at Black Gold. Pretty sure that was Seve around the greens.
 Message #88453 - This was a reply to message #88452
sixpez
SoCal Community Staff

sixpez: sixpez - Golf Normad GK Event: Played in a GK Event GK Cup: Past & Current Champions of The GK Cup

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    The Next One

Thursday May 31, 2018 5:50 PM
I can say that whatever short game magic I used to have (which carried me through that crazy Championship match and into the following Cup final) is completely gone. Pretty sure Kassper7 put some sort of voodoo hex on me before our match at River Ridge, where I think I only got up and down once as he steamrolled me. Seems like my chipping/putting skills have completely vanished since that day, and that was almost a full year ago! Perry, feel free to lift the curse at any time, buddy...
 Message #88455 - This was a reply to message #88453
Alex326

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach

Thursday May 31, 2018 11:20 PM
Vegas also has a side bet that the GK Cup 12 final will be played in Northern California.... A bit of a long shot at 20/1 but with courses like Spanish Bay, Quail Lodge, and Poppy Hills in the mix, those odds might be down to 5/4 by the time the finals roll around!!
 Message #88465 - This was a reply to message #88455

Listing 1 to 6 of 6 Replies

PAGES: 1

[ Community Page ]