Click To View Golf Course Page

Discussions in Golf Gear & Merchandise
Moderated By JohnnyGK, kviser, Paisano, TheClubWhisper, thingstodo

Forums
Golfing
Golf Gear & Merchandise
Anyone tried these VICE golf balls?
YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: Anyone tried these VICE golf balls?

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 1 to 5 of 5 Replies

PAGES: 1
shaunstorm123
Anyone tried these VICE golf balls?
GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    Rickie, Bubba, Phil, Rory
Favorite Golf Course:
    I love em all

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Friday September 2, 2016 9:44 AM
Saw an advertisement on Facebook and thought I would ask the community as they appear to have Neon yellow which is the ball I play (Srix z star yellow)... Now, I can, and often do, find them on sale for 30 a dz around the holidays but I am stuck buying several dozen at that time. The Pro model Vice is $24 for a dozen which is nice...

Don't get me wrong, I love my current ball and am reluctant to switch.
 Message #80214
evildrummerhb
RE: Anyone tried these VICE golf balls?

Favorite Golfer:
    Hunter, Phil, Freddie C.
Favorite Golf Course:
    Emerald Canyon

Saturday September 3, 2016 11:15 AM
I haven't tried vice, but I've heard nothing but good reviews. I have tried another online-only boutique brand (the Snell "My Tour Ball") and it was superb. Decently priced too at $31.99/dozen shipped. And I am expecting 2 dozen MG C4 balls to arrive in the mailbox today to try out ($19.99/dozen) along with a couple of their gloves.

It seems like all of these balls have one purpose: Match the quality and characteristics of a ProV1 (or other premium ball) at a highly reduced price point achieved by direct-to-consumer sales. I think it's a good thing. I play better golf with a 3-piece urethane-covered ball, so that's what I look for...but I HATE spending 40-50+ dollars per dozen on name recognition and advertising/endorsement deals that the big brands have to cover.

Try the vice, see what happens. You might find a new favorite ball, and you won't be out a lot of cash if they aren't up to par (pun intended).

Update: I have 2 rounds in with the MG balls, and I'll be using them for the foreseeable future. I experienced no loss of distance compared to other premium ball offerings, they felt great on all shots including putts, and either one-hop-stopped or sucked back on the green on approaches depending on the type of shot I hit. They were very predictable when chipping as well. I read reviews elsewhere where their durability was in question, but I didn't experience any issues.

[[Edited by evildrummerhb on Thursday September 8, 2016 1:11 PM]]
 Message #80226 - This was a reply to message #80214
dcoachl

Favorite Golfer:
    Phil
Favorite Golf Course:
    Aguila

Friday September 9, 2016 8:59 PM
A friend gave me some. On a scale of 1-10, 1 being a Nitro and 10 being a Pro V1, I would give them a 7. Not as much spin as I'm used to on chips and a little harder feel. I would say they are better than other balls in that price range
 Message #80333 - This was a reply to message #80214
ob123

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

RPGC MAIL USER ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Tuesday February 28, 2017 10:54 PM
I've played the Srixon Z Star for quite a while and stocked-up on them for $20/dozen a few months ago. Still, like you, I was curious about the Vice Pro and decided to give it a try. I like it. Now I alternate between the Z Star and the Pro. Consider trying the Vice Selected Package, it's just $20 for four sleeves of different types of Vice Golf balls. You may find something you like.
 Message #82629 - This was a reply to message #80214
thingstodo
SoCal Community Staff

Favorite Golfer:
    Phil and Boo Weekly
Favorite Golf Course:
    Cypress Ridge

Friday March 24, 2017 7:49 PM
I ordered the Vice pro and have played the recently, I like them alot. I play prov1x . No problem at all with the Vice prox
spins good on chips and putts well too. I would buy them again.

Currently working at Pacific City Hutington Beach, saw and visited the LinkSoul store. Bought a sleeve of Snell MGT played great with it at my last mens club tourney. $9 for a sleeve at a premium store. They also had some very expensive putters there.
 Message #82941 - This was a reply to message #82629

Listing 1 to 5 of 5 Replies

PAGES: 1

[ Community Page ]