Best golf rangefinder

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

RPGC MAIL USER ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Friday October 19, 2018 1:02 AM
Hi,
I am looking into purchasing a golf rangefinder. How does this piece of equipment determine the slope and change the distance based on that?

Nikon Coolshot 20

Nikon 8397 Aculon

TecTecTec VPRO500

Bushnell Tour V3

Precision NX7 Pro Laser Rangefinder

[[Edited by lampard on Friday October 19, 2018 1:03 AM]]
 Message #89670
jciapa02
RE: Best golf rangefinder

Favorite Golfer:
    Dustin Johnson
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pending

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Friday October 19, 2018 4:06 PM
I've used the Bushnell and recently bought the TecTecTec rangefinder and I've got to be honest the TTT does the job. Here's my differences and I'll list the PROS for both.

TecTecTec Pros:
- Price (duh)
- Has everything the big name brand rangefinders give you: stickers, carrying case that zips and clips depending on your preference.
- The size, about every rangefinder will be palm size (unless you're Shaquille O'Neal)
- Pinseeking technology (TecTecTec provides a few different modes that I only struggle with locking onto my target if there are large or a number of direct objects behind, the laser will bounce off those instead of flag. I remedy by pointing down at the ground nearest the flag and assuming +/- 2 yard differences)
- First target priority mode, pinseeking mode, scan mode are all modes you can opt/change for that is included in the above mentioned "everything the big name brand" minimum asking capabilities you can claim rangefinders should achieve 'statement'.

Bushnell Pros:
- Professional backing
- More sturdy of a feel, you don't feel scared to drop on hard packed dirt or leave in the rain/cart
- Buzz when locked onto target
- Flashy cool expensive toy which may make you play more golf reasoning you want to go out and use it more.

I weighed all the options before buying and actually got as a gift and I'm more than happy with my TecTecTec VPRO500 tagged up with my common sense golfing skills. Sometimes it'll catch to other targets but with my buddy's Bushnell that happens too. I feel more than happy with not spending a ton on the Bushnell but I respect if you trust name and longevity over TecTecTec which could be seen as the WalMart cheap brand of a rangefinder. LoL

[[Edited by jciapa02 on Friday October 19, 2018 4:09 PM]]
 Message #89674 - This was a reply to message #89670
rob1563
RE: Best golf rangefinder

Southern Nevada Community Staff

GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    Ryan Moore
Favorite Golf Course:
    Wolf Creek

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Friday October 19, 2018 11:33 PM
I have a Nikon CoolShot 20. Mine doesn’t have slope and is very basic. There’s a need for steady hands and flags with reflectors work great. Good intro unit, does what it needs to do.

[[Edited by rob1563 on Sunday October 21, 2018 10:47 AM]]
 Message #89675 - This was a reply to message #89670

Listing 1 to 3 of 3 Replies

PAGES: 1

[ Community Page ]