The 1997 Masters My Story by Tiger Woods
GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    Danny Lee
Favorite Golf Course:
    Medowlark

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Monday April 3, 2017 4:01 PM
I wasn't sure what I was going to get with the book, but I have to say having gone through in two sittings over two days, I thoroughly enjoyed it.

I know a lot of what people have said about tiger, but his perspective has largely been kept private. The 1997 Masters was a spectacular and masterful handling of the old Augusta National course. The focus of the book is the 1997 Masters, but to make sense of it you go back in Tiger's timeline, up bringing and style. The relationships the preparation, the help from other pros, the controversies and ultimately the event and the post event changes and ramifications are fascinating as are the technical player perspective on each hole then, vs each hole now.

If you don't like Tiger you likely won't like the book, if you do like Tiger you will undoubtedly enjoy the book, if you love Augusta you will cringe at some of the open and honest critiques of events and changes, but will appreciate the hole by hole discussion of how he attacked the course, and why that strategy would not work today.

The relationship with Golf Channel is one I had missed before.

In all this is a very interesting read, his discussion of his weaknesses, persistent struggles with techniques formed at a very young age as well as the importance on the ball, and equipment interactions is worth the read alone.

I know by reading the book, I am going to enjoy watching this years masters much more, understanding subtleties that cannot be seen on TV, sometimes not even from the gallery, but only inside the ropes.

All of these years I though errant shots into the gallery were always accidental, apparently at the old Augusta National it was a strategy shared my knowledgeable players. Who knew?
 Message #83148

Listing 1 to 1 of 1 Replies

PAGES: 1

[ Community Page ]