Zumba?
GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    Whoever's with me playing
Favorite Golf Course:
    Bighorn Golf Club

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Tuesday October 31, 2017 6:53 PM
Just saw this tonight discussing 20 LA County courses and the city's belief they're being underutilized. Do whatever as long as I don't have to wait longer or if it chews up the fairways!

http://www.dailybreeze.com/2017/10/31/la-countys-golf-courses-are-on-par-for-changes-think-zumba-and-frisbee/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

[[Edited by roarksown1 on Tuesday October 31, 2017 6:56 PM]]
 Message #86123
CPennbo
RE: Zumba?

Community Director/Women

Favorite Golfer:
    Annika/Mickelson
Favorite Golf Course:
    Balboa

Tuesday October 31, 2017 8:41 PM
It'll be interesting to see where they take this. Multi-use of courses may be the best way to save them! It does say use of the facilities- not specifically the fairways. :-) I have always wondered why the cart paths weren't used as jogging paths at specific times. There are plenty of things they could use them for without impacting golfers. It just depends on who is on their committee when it comes to making plans.
New Year's Resolution- HAVE MORE FUN, DO MORE, SEE MORE, LAUGH MORE!
 Message #86124 - This was a reply to message #86123
24hourgolf

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

RPGC MAIL USER ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Thursday November 2, 2017 2:40 PM
Great. Like we would want to share the course with frisbee throwers? Personally, I think Janice Hahn is an idiot? Why do you need to infringe on the golfing public, when you have parks and schools, with large areas of land that are under utilized? When Knabe was the supervisor, you would have never heard such stupidity (and I am not supporting Knabe, OK. But he was a golfer)

I bet Janice Hahn has never played golf? If she had, she might realize her ideas do not meet merit? At this rate, she will no doubt suggest bike and walking trails within the golf courses? Or allowing the homeless to sleep on the courses at night?

Ms Hahn, Ms Barger? Perhaps you should better evaluate the vendors who are operating the courses? Or better yet, let them do their jobs and stop nickle and dimeing them to death? You have a large Rec staff? Put those lazy SOB's to work in the shops and the courses, instead of them sitting on their butts all day and pushing paper? And I know of what I speak, having been intimately involved with course management in the past.

So the County of LA has a golf committee that is supposed to advise the Supervisors? What good is it, if this is the kind of ideas that are being shared or formulated?

Lets be real about this? Many of the County courses (Marshal Canyon, Alondra, etc) are in need of repair/updating/remodeling? But do they bother? NO.
But they will spend $13 M on Knabe golf center? Why did they not allocate $1 Mil to each of the 13 - 18 hole courses in the county, before they spent it on a 9 hole facility? Perhaps with some TLC of the county courses, the golfing public would play the county courses more often? Instead of searching outside of the county for reasonable and well maintained courses?

Get ready fellow golfers? I can already hear the rumblings of rate increases and taxes?
 Message #86132 - This was a reply to message #86123
RDDenn

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    Barona Creek

Thursday November 2, 2017 4:22 PM
QUOTED  Lets be real about this? Many of the County courses (Marshal Canyon, Alondra, etc) are in need of repair/updating/remodeling? But do they bother? NO.

Its worse than that in my opinion. I believe that $2 of every green fee for the County courses goes into a capital improvement fund. So they should have the money to do improvements. Why should the County Supervisors balk at improvements when the golfers have paid for them? That is as offensive as it is wrong.

Marshall Canyon is a separate case though. For years they charged $2 less than the other County courses. Yep, they were not charging and banking the capital improvement money. I have not played there in years so I do not know if they are finally charging the money they should have been charging from the beginning. I do know that right before Los Verdes re-did their tee boxes and cart paths, Marshall Canyon was still charging $2 less.

I think it is a great idea for courses to be more active in getting people to use their facilities. Most courses have clubhouses that can handle classes, community meetings or similar. It is putting people out on the course where they can get hurt by a flying ball, or taking the place of golfers who have a hard enough time getting on the County courses, that is a problem.
 Message #86133 - This was a reply to message #86132
mpisarski01

Favorite Golfer:
    John Daly
Favorite Golf Course:
    Wolf Creek

Thursday November 2, 2017 5:01 PM
More targets to aim for if they put yoga or zumba in the fairway
 Message #86134 - This was a reply to message #86124
SBogey

SoCal Community Staff

Favorite Golfer:
    Phil/Day/
Favorite Golf Course:
    Eagle Falls

Friday November 3, 2017 6:52 AM
It seems like the same thing as using the facilities for weddings and other group meetings! I have seen a wedding going on while people are golfing. Kind of wished someone would hit one and hit the minister or something for a laugh!
 Message #86136 - This was a reply to message #86134
24hourgolf

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

RPGC MAIL USER ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Friday November 3, 2017 12:57 PM
QUOTED  It seems like the same thing as using the facilities for weddings and other group meetings! I have seen a wedding going on while people are golfing. Kind of wished someone would hit one and hit the minister or something for a laugh!

Or yell RUN
 Message #86137 - This was a reply to message #86136
Rat-Patrol

Favorite Golfer:
    My Grandpa was
Favorite Golf Course:
    Balboa Park GC

Friday November 3, 2017 2:40 PM
QUOTED  [Posted By SBogey on 11.03.2017 6:52 AM]

It seems like the same thing as using the facilities for weddings and other group meetings! I have seen a wedding going on while people are golfing. Kind of wished someone would hit one and hit the minister or something for a laugh!

Like when we almost ran over the bride and groom having photos taken at the end of the tunnel going back to the clubhouse at Glen Ivy? LOL!
 Message #86138 - This was a reply to message #86136

Listing 1 to 8 of 8 Replies

PAGES: 1

[ Community Page ]