The Masters
GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    Phil Mickelson
Favorite Golf Course:
    Whistling Straits

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Sunday April 1, 2018 6:09 AM
Hello friends ... The week of the Masters (IMO) is by far the best week of the year. Was so very fortunate to win lottery tickets for the Tuesday practice round back in 2013. Once you walk through those gates it is like you have walked into golf heaven. The pure beauty of the course and how well you are treated is something that I will never forget. I hope you all have the opportunity to experience Augusta National Golf Club first hand. Would love to hear some of your thoughts. Happy Easter!!

[[Edited by UNCLEDDBOY23 on Monday April 2, 2018 7:25 AM]]
 Message #87717
Nickesquire
RE: The Masters

Favorite Golfer:
    Jack, Freddie, Tiger
Favorite Golf Course:
    Maderas Olivas Sherwood

Sunday April 1, 2018 2:15 PM
QUOTED  The week of the Masters (IMO) is by far the best week of the year.

I totally agree from a sports perspective. Within a 7 day period you have the finals of March Madness, opening day in MLB and the start of the Masters.

We also just recently had time change, so the days are getting longer and warmer. Now that I live in a warm weather climate, not as big a deal as it used to be. However, when I grew up on the East Coast, around this time also signaled when you could start playing golf w/o a good chance the weather was going to be REALLY poor. I vividly remember many high school rounds played in the high 30's/low 40's when it was also windy. Golf is not all that fun when you hit some shots and it feels like getting jammed in baseball... where your hands tingle and/or are numb for a brief period.
The goal is long and straight! But on the many times I cannot seem to hit them straight, I at least want to hit them long!
 Message #87720 - This was a reply to message #87717
weber

Favorite Golfer:
    Phil/Jordan
Favorite Golf Course:
    George Dunne (ILL)

Sunday April 1, 2018 3:45 PM
Uncleddboy23,

I too was lucky enough to win two Tuesday tickets to this years Masters. ( I went back in 2011 and paid a pretty penny, so winning the lottery was very fortunate) Plus I am trying to finish off my goal to play golf in every state and was missing Louisiana, Mississippi, and Alabama. Just completed my rounds in those states and after tomorrows round (also in Alabama) will be on my way to Augusta.

There are VERY few things in life which meet one's expectations, but despite my over the top expectation of what Augusta would be like, it exceeded it! There is simply no place like it! I always tell people if they are serious golfers there are two things they should do if possible: Play Pebble Beach (Just forget the $$) and go to the Masters.

[[Edited by weber on Sunday April 1, 2018 3:46 PM]]
 Message #87721 - This was a reply to message #87720
UNCLEDDBOY23

Favorite Golfer:
    Phil Mickelson
Favorite Golf Course:
    Whistling Straits

Monday April 2, 2018 5:56 AM
Enjoy!! They have a brand new merchandise tent and I hear that it is amazing!!
 Message #87731 - This was a reply to message #87721
JohnnyGK

JohnnyGK

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Cascata

Monday April 2, 2018 9:19 AM
QUOTED  There are VERY few things in life which meet one's expectations, but despite my over the top expectation of what Augusta would be like, it exceeded it! There is simply no place like it! I always tell people if they are serious golfers there are two things they should do if possible: Play Pebble Beach (Just forget the $$) and go to the Masters.

One of my Lottery dreams is use a small chunk of it to make a my dream of going to the Masters possible and of course bring as many GK'er with me as possible. Pebble Beach is a dream too, but I think in the near future I'll get that one handled.

QUOTED  Plus I am trying to finish off my goal to play golf in every state and was missing Louisiana, Mississippi, and Alabama. Just completed my rounds in those states and after tomorrows round (also in Alabama) will be on my way to Augusta.

What a way to cap off your goal of playing in every state and then off to the Masters! - Really happy for you Weber!!!!
GK is now on FACEBOOK! CLICK HERE and become a fan!
 Message #87732 - This was a reply to message #87721
robule

Favorite Golfer:
    Couples, Ko, Day
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

Monday April 2, 2018 10:34 AM
The crackdown on third party sales of Masters tickets is interesting.
 Message #87734 - This was a reply to message #87732
SCGolf

Favorite Golfer:
    Angelo Erikson
Favorite Golf Course:
    Southern Hills

Tuesday April 3, 2018 12:11 PM
Certainly an exceptional period of my life when 'my dude' played in the Masters. Racked 11 birdies in his 2nd tournament round. 2nd year we posted another 65. All the stuff happening off the course just as exciting as what we did on course. Fun times.

Had an opportunity to play Augusta National when a student invited me. Foggy, cold day and I practiced for weeks. On the range with my caddie, he decided to lay a wager down on me against the others in our foursome. Left some strokes out there but, put some money in my caddie's pocket 77 with a promise to play again from my student. Don't know if that'll ever come to fruition. Just happy to make fabulous memories.

QUOTED The crackdown on third party sales of Masters tickets is interesting.

there's always been a "crackdown" on Masters sales. It's a North v South thing dating back 200 years. When Northerners come down and profit from Southerners, it raises eyebrows from the locals. If you know where you're tickets are coming from, it really isn't a problem. Just got back from Augusta today, the course is in amazing shape (weather's been cooperating). A small system coming in during the week will soften the greens somewhat. Masters people know how to handle that as not to give an advantage/disadvantage to a wave of groups.

Enjoy the Masters y'all
FIGHT ON!!!
 Message #87745 - This was a reply to message #87734
24hourgolf

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

RPGC MAIL USER ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Tuesday April 3, 2018 1:43 PM
I was very fortunate over 25 years ago, to have played Augusta through a wonderful connection of my Dad. Unfortunately, my Dad had passed away, so I have always felt that this was truly the most wonderful gift my Dad could have given me. Each year of the Masters brings back that special time in my life.
 Message #87746 - This was a reply to message #87717
caligolfer1031

Favorite Golfer:
    Adam Scott, Bubba Watson
Favorite Golf Course:
    Spyglass Hill

Wednesday April 4, 2018 2:44 PM
Jack's grandson hitting a hole in one on his only swing of the day in front of two other greats. AMAZING to watch. Nobody was more happy than Jack. You could see the pride he has for his grandson. 15 years old and his first hole in one will be watched on Masters highlights for years to come.
 Message #87764 - This was a reply to message #87746
grantar2

Favorite Golfer:
    Danny Lee
Favorite Golf Course:
    Medowlark

Wednesday April 4, 2018 5:22 PM
QUOTED 

QUOTED  Enjoy!! They have a brand new merchandise tent and I hear that it is amazing!!

Tent my butt they built a whole new building that moves the lines inside with digital history of the masters to entertain you well you wait. The think is multi story so they have inventory on hand, and is bigger than any of the retail locations at Disneyland. All for a once a year event. 125 different Master hats. Most interestingly is they produce their own clothing.
 Message #87767 - This was a reply to message #87731

Listing 1 to 10 of 21 Replies

PAGES: 3 1 2 3

[ Community Page ]