RPGC MAIL USER ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Friday July 20, 2018 11:19 AM
1. What size bag do you use?
*Sunday Bag
*Light Carry/Stand Bag
*Cart Bag Full Size Bag
*Staff Bag Full Size Bag
*Multiple Types- I switch around

2. How would you describe how you store things in it?
*Everything is organized and has a place in each pocket
*Everything is in organized chaos
JVGA
 Message #88933
RDDenn
RE: Your Bag

GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    Barona Creek

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Friday July 20, 2018 11:31 AM
Light, carry stand bag. I tried to organize when I got the bag last summer, and it is better than my last bag in that regard, but it needs a good going through to get some loose items corralled.

The bag is fairly cheap but (1) I was going the next day back east to play a CC requiring a caddie and my old bag was ratty, (2) I used scrip at my home course, and (2) the only higher quality alternative I liked was trojan red which wasn't going to happen. I am not that fond of the bag but I will use it until I have to get a replacement. It looks okay but every time I pull a zipper, or the stand leg gets disconnected, I am reminded that the quality is not that great.
 Message #88934 - This was a reply to message #88933
mpisarski01

Favorite Golfer:
    John Daly
Favorite Golf Course:
    Wolf Creek

Friday July 20, 2018 12:05 PM
I have a CHILLER HYBRID STAND BAG from Bag Boy. I chose it because it has 14 dividers and still has a stand. I normally ride but if I do walk I will have a pull cart.

The front pockets I have my tee's and used golf balls. Side pockets have beverages and a dozen or two (if im in the desert)new balls.

Thats about all.
 Message #88936 - This was a reply to message #88933
JohnnyGK

JohnnyGK

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Cascata

Friday July 20, 2018 12:36 PM
A few months ago I bought a:

Sun Mountain Golf 2018 4.5 14-Way Stand Golf Bag

My old Swift X straps were ripping and the bag was looking a bit beat. I loved that bag although being it was so light but I found myself needing more pocket room plus I'm not walking while golfing as much anymore so up-sized.

Well...I miss my little bag! But the bag I bought is certainly a great bag and does all I need it to do. I do enjoy the extra pocket room but not a fan of the 14 club separators. Hoping it grows on me. I liked how easy my old bag was to pick up and load into my car. I liked the simplicity of it too.

I am considering buying a light carry/stand bag although because I'm not a pull cart fan and I do want to walk while I play more often.
GK is now on FACEBOOK! CLICK HERE and become a fan!
 Message #88937 - This was a reply to message #88933
weber

Favorite Golfer:
    Phil/Jordan
Favorite Golf Course:
    George Dunne (ILL)

Friday July 20, 2018 6:18 PM
For many years I used a Ping L8 bag, which is a lite carry bag. But about 15 years ago I switched to a Ping J bag. (Also a lite carry bag) Since they have not made these bag for at least that long, I buy them on E-Bay. I walk about 300+ rounds of the 350+ rounds I play every year, so I seem to wear out the bag about every 500 or so rounds. (The wear from rubbing against my body while carrying) Plus the protective covering around the club dividers wear out so I have to use duct tape to protect the shafts)

I have about three more of these which I will eventually get too as they wear out. I am rather anal about where I place things in the bag and since this style of bag has lots of pockets, it suits my needs perfectly, plus I like the way it hangs on my shoulder and is lite, because at 70+, walking every day the last thing I need is to lug around a heavy bag. Also like the umbrella sleeve ( Because I play rain or shine ) which provides good access to the umbrella, and what is really nice is a zipper inside one of the large pockets so that if something falls down the bag, I don't have to take all the clubs out to retrieve it.
 Message #88949 - This was a reply to message #88937
rob1563

Southern Nevada Community Staff

Favorite Golfer:
    Ryan Moore
Favorite Golf Course:
    Wolf Creek

Saturday July 21, 2018 11:45 AM
Ogio Syncro 2 cart bag. All Vegas courses are cart included and only 2 or 3 are really walkable anyways. Handles on top, front and back to lift.
-14 full length club dividers.
- 4 full length zipper pockets on each side. 1 is the "hydration pocket," which is OK, but only good for 2 drinks. 1 for sunscreen, in case it opens, nothing else is covered. 1 has the JBL bluetooth speaker. 1 is empty and usually carries extra drinks if I bring them.
- 2 small pockets near the top, 1 on each side. 1 is a lined valuables pocket I use for my wallet, keys, and loose change (zipper). The other is a "scorecard" pocket, perfect size for a flask (velcro closure).
- 2 zipper pockets on the front. 1 for tees, markers, glass cleaning wipe, etc. The other is perfect fit for the laser.
- hinged pull down ball pocket

Love it, has lasted for years with little wear and tear. Wish the hydration pocket was bigger.
 Message #88951 - This was a reply to message #88949
noeldaof

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

RPGC MAIL USER ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Saturday July 21, 2018 11:09 PM
Wow, that’s a lot of rounds Web!! I’m still surprised each time I hear about how much you log in a year though.

I envy anyone who still carry- and you at 70+ sir, I think is more than impressive. I’m just entering the 60s and I could probably still carry, but my body would suffer in much pain. I just use a manual push cart or a battery powered caddie. That’s more than enough exercise for me in a day.

I have a few bags I rotate depending on the day... I miss using the sun mountain it’s collecting dust- it’s my lightest about 2.lb. I’ve been using the Titleist for the past 3.5 years and very few times the sun mountain. Light enough to push and it has enough pockets for all my things. I’m pretty neat about where and what I put in my bag and I try to keep it as light as I can even if I don’t carry. I sometimes get a nice comment from cart service- one of the nicest came from a kid in Palm Springs who said, “This has got to be the lightest I’ve carried all season that I’ve been here!” Well, that doesn’t really qualify as a compliment, but I was happy to hear it so I gave him a couple bucks.

Anyway, my clubs get stuck sometimes and it’s difficult to pull a club out in my Titleist bag. Someone told me that it’s the material devider that wraps around the grip for some reason. I then get impatient and aggravated when it happens, I sometimes feel like yanking it out but afraid it would fall appart in middle of the fairway. Does that happen to anyone?

Two frozen Gatoraides and some frozen fruits in ziplock is a summer favorite.
JVGA
 Message #88959 - This was a reply to message #88949
CPennbo

Community Director/Women

Favorite Golfer:
    Annika/Mickelson
Favorite Golf Course:
    Balboa

Saturday July 21, 2018 11:13 PM
I don't want to think about it!! Waaaaa! I LOVE my bag and everything is just where I want it...but it's beat. Time for a new one and they do NOT make this one anymore. I have looked at a few and it's just plain ol' depressing!! LOL
New Year's Resolution- HAVE MORE FUN, DO MORE, SEE MORE, LAUGH MORE!
 Message #88960 - This was a reply to message #88959
sparky14

Favorite Golfer:
    Ben Crenshaw
Favorite Golf Course:
    All except Shorecliffs

Sunday July 22, 2018 9:14 AM
Cart bag is normal. Carry/stand bag comes out when I might be walking. Sunday bag comes out for quick 9s.

Pretty well organized in all of them.
 Message #88963 - This was a reply to message #88933
kassper7
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GK Cup: Past & Current Champions of The GK Cup

Favorite Golfer:
    Michelle Wie, Ricky
Favorite Golf Course:
    Oak Quarry

Monday July 23, 2018 10:03 AM
For many years I had a Crospete basic cart bag which I finally decided to replace. I got the top of the line HotZ 4.0 cart bag (on Clearance $70) which I owned for less than a year before my clubs and it were stolen (see Saga post) and only the bag was not recovered. I just got a Ogio Stinger cart bag (on Clearance $80) which I just moved into but haven't used. I prefer cart bags because I use my Clickgear 3.0 cart whenever I walk so I never need a stand bag.

Some thoughts:

All of the bags had a slot for each club which I like way better than a few slots for each group of clubs to slosh around in. The Ogio has one extra slot which is nice as well - especially if you wanna carry an extra item like a ball retriever. The newer bags had a couple larger openings so oversized grips on putters could easily fit in them.

My Crospete had two zippered pockets which each held 3 golf balls and a pocket with places to put tee's on the outside of it. I really like and appreciate anything on a bag where the function of the feature is obvious. The new bags both have "cooler" pouches and I agree that the bigger this is - the better. One fit two drinks and had a little room left over - the other required cramming to just get two drinks into it. The "valuables" pouch is a nice feature as well.

The newer bags both have two large side pouches which seem the least useful. I would prefer one large pouch for cramming clothes in and more smaller pouches so that I could be even more organized.

I was surprised how well my old bag stood up to the new bags in usefulness. It made up for cubic square footage of storage by having more small pockets which I liked.
 Message #88971 - This was a reply to message #88963

Listing 1 to 10 of 10 Replies

PAGES: 1

[ Community Page ]