Discussions in --- Use This to POST ---
Moderated By CPennbo, JohnnyGK, Nickesquire, ringworld, weber2323

Forums
Greenskeeper.org
--- Use This to POST ---
Any insights to River Ridge management change?
YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: Any insights to River Ridge management change?

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 1 to 5 of 5 Replies

PAGES: 1
t8fish
Any insights to River Ridge management change?
GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    My Dad
Favorite Golf Course:
    Wykagyl GC

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Saturday December 29, 2018 10:56 AM
I got an email from RiverRidge the other day, ostensibly about gift card redemption but it included the following:

"As many of you already know, our company High Tide & Green Grass Inc. will no longer manage and maintain the River Ridge Golf Club after June 30, 2019. The City of Oxnard, who owns River Ridge, has begun the process for securing a new operator. Our mutual goal is to make the transition seamless, retain the existing employees and maintain or even improve the products and services offered."

I don't get out there often, but it is one of my favorite courses. I think the way they have managed the course has been excellent, so I'm wondering if anyone has, or can get, any insight as to how and why this change has come about. A quick Google found a consulting review/report of the course in 2014, but I found nothing more current.

Johnny? Anyone?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Thanks.
 Message #90092
24hourgolf
RE: Any insights to River Ridge management change?

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

RPGC MAIL USER ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Saturday December 29, 2018 5:29 PM
No doubt the city wants more $$$ and the current mgmt can't or won't agree. Most of the times and these types of circumstances that's what the reason for changes
 Message #90094 - This was a reply to message #90092
JohnnyGK

JohnnyGK

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Cascata

Sunday December 30, 2018 1:09 AM
Basically - High Tide & Green Grass Inc is sailing off into the sunset and closing its doors. Otto Kanny is retiring from the golf industry. Its a complicated property to manage as its also partially on a landfill. Otto and his brother Kyle poured their heart & soul into River Ridge doing an exceptional job for over 20 years so the bar is set high. They have a wonderful staff and golf experience. I love those courses and in fact years before I started GK I was member of their mens club for 5+ years.
GK FACEBOOK - Please check it out - CLICK HERE - I'm doing fun posts all the time.
 Message #90098 - This was a reply to message #90092
Nickesquire

Favorite Golfer:
    Jack, Freddie, Tiger
Favorite Golf Course:
    Maderas Olivas Sherwood

Sunday December 30, 2018 10:14 PM
That's too bad. Having played dozens and dozens of rounds on the two RR courses over the past two decades, I never had a poor experience. The people there have always been professional/friendly, Susan in the pro shop always stood out. Course conditions usually well above average and the prices were reasonable. From a consumer perspective, what more can you ask for?

Hopefully NOT American Golf!?!?!?!?!
The goal is long and straight! But on the many times I cannot seem to hit them straight, I at least want to hit them long!
 Message #90101 - This was a reply to message #90092
GDR23
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GK Cup: Past & Current Champions of The GK Cup

Favorite Golfer:
    Woods--- Couples
Favorite Golf Course:
    Rustic Purisma Sandpiper

Monday December 31, 2018 11:20 AM
Class Act facility from the management, to the head pro, to the teaching pros to the greenskeeper and all staff that I have encountered. I have been a customer for 25 years. They have two great courses that are always well maintained and have very reasonable prices. I will continue to support them and always encourage players to play there. I am hoping new management is able to keep doing a great job.
Please check my websitegdrgolf instruction click here
 Message #90106 - This was a reply to message #90101

Listing 1 to 5 of 5 Replies

PAGES: 1

[ Community Page ]