GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    Couples, Ko, Day
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Saturday February 2, 2019 9:51 AM
Gets DQ for poor conduct. LOL

Damaging greens at the Saudi event. Very nice self control showed from him.

I'm sure Nick is not surprised!
 Message #90481
24hourgolf
RE: Sergio showing his true colors

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

RPGC MAIL USER ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Saturday February 2, 2019 11:06 AM
I was at the past tournament at Castle Rock several years ago and witnessed this scumbag deny a kid an autograph. It was pro am day and the boy was about 11 with his Dad. Sergio walked right past him and said "sorry not today." Most disgusting thing I have ever seen from a PGA pro. I have since that day, turned the TV off when they show him.
 Message #90483 - This was a reply to message #90481
Hollis

Favorite Golfer:
    Not sure
Favorite Golf Course:
    Goosecreekgc gc

Saturday February 2, 2019 11:26 AM
Just wow! It was bad enough that he damaged a green, but I was very surprised when I found out it was multiple greens. Slam your putter head down into the green once out of frustration is an understandable spur of the moment reaction we've all regrettably had, but to do it multiple times in a round is, in my opinion, utter disrespect for the course and your competitors.
Sergio in my opinion, has on more than one occasion shown himself to have less than impeccable character when things get tough. This is the latest episode, and I can't say I'm surprised. Oh btw, his Masters win, in my mind, was Dustin Johnson's had he not fallen down the stairs.
 Message #90484 - This was a reply to message #90483
1PLUS1

Favorite Golfer:
    Seve; Nick Faldo
Favorite Golf Course:
    Belgrade Lakes (Maine)

Saturday February 2, 2019 2:15 PM
Despite being guilty of questionable and inappropriate on-course behavior in the past, it seemed like all was forgotten and forgiven after Sergio's "Once and For All" (Jim Nantz' sappy take) win at Augusta in 2017. The feel good story concocted by the media was that this was a "new and improved" Garcia, one who had finally matured and moved beyond those past antics, thus regaining some of the popularity he had lost along the way. The narrative was further enhanced by a soon-to-follow marriage and birth of a daughter.

But...lo and behold...the more things change, the more they remain the same. There simply isn't any explanation or spin from Garcia and his handlers that can neatly tuck aside this latest indiscretion. There's no wriggle room this time. It's probably the most egregious act a player can inflict upon his fellow competitors and Garcia deserves to be dealt a harsh penalty for his actions.

When you consider the number of greens damaged...thus removing the term 'isolated incident' from the equation...nothing less than a lengthy suspension is in order. The question, however, is whether such a penalty would apply solely to European Tour events or include those based on U.S. soil as well. Does the PGA Tour have the nerve...barring legal action from the Players' Association...to jump on board and bar Garcia under the same terms if that's what ultimately occurs?

When you look at the ridiculous penalties players have incurred in just a few weeks' time due to "new rules" infractions...penalties that have resulted in the loss of substantial prize money and standings' points...anything less than an extended suspension for Garcia will only serve to further undermine the integrity of the ruling bodies.
 Message #90486 - This was a reply to message #90481
Rat-Patrol

Favorite Golfer:
    My Grandpa was
Favorite Golf Course:
    Balboa Park GC

Saturday February 2, 2019 8:00 PM
They are still playing the Super Bowl aren't they? . . . one blatant PI no call and a phantom roughing the passer call in the other game later the NFL . . . err TV has the match up they want . . . they need to promote football in LA as attendance is dismal (at the people that are there are substantially there for the other team). Can you spell RIPOFF! Or as Johnny Rotten so famously said at The Fillmore in SF, "Ever feel like you've been cheated?"
 Message #90489 - This was a reply to message #90486
Rat-Patrol

Favorite Golfer:
    My Grandpa was
Favorite Golf Course:
    Balboa Park GC

Saturday February 2, 2019 8:01 PM
. . . oh yeah Sergio, I like his competitive fire. The rest is fake news.
 Message #90490 - This was a reply to message #90489
Mrkich

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    Rustic Canyon

Sunday February 3, 2019 10:34 PM
I just want to know how he did it 5 different times and yet there's no pictures or video?
 Message #90493 - This was a reply to message #90490
SBogey

SoCal Community Staff

Favorite Golfer:
    Phil/Day/
Favorite Golf Course:
    Eagle Falls

Monday February 4, 2019 1:46 AM
The saddest day in golf besides the last Ryder Cup was seeing Sergio win the Masters!
 Message #90494 - This was a reply to message #90493
3-4bravo

Favorite Golfer:
    Tiger Woods
Favorite Golf Course:
    Hunter Ranch

Monday February 4, 2019 8:09 AM
There's no video of him damaging the greens but there is video of him throwing an absolute tantrum in a bunker. He hits his ball out onto the green and for whatever reason was unhappy with the result and took several vicious swipes at the sand in the bunker spraying it everywhere. I'm assuming his green work was done shortly after. If you google "Sergio Garcia bunker Saudi Arabia" it should come up if you'd like to watch it.

To be taken with a grain of salt, obviously, but multiple players spoke out about the poor play of the greens. They said that the greens were very grainy and ran extremely slow.
 Message #90495 - This was a reply to message #90494
dethman

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

Monday February 4, 2019 8:37 AM
https://twitter.com/GeoffShac/status/1092259661758160896?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1092259661758160896%7Ctwgr%5E363937393b70726f64756374696f6e&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fthebiglead.com%2F2019%2F02%2F04%2Fvideo-sergio-garcia-throwing-fit-bunker%2F

a lot of 'colorful' spanish there. =D
 Message #90496 - This was a reply to message #90495

Listing 1 to 10 of 15 Replies

PAGES: 2 1 2

[ Community Page ]