Discussions in --- Use This to POST ---
Moderated By CPennbo, JohnnyGK, Nickesquire, ringworld, weber2323

Forums
Greenskeeper.org
--- Use This to POST ---
Thoughts on Live- Streaming online lessons?
YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: Thoughts on Live- Streaming online lessons?

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 1 to 3 of 3 Replies

PAGES: 1
satishk1979
Thoughts on Live- Streaming online lessons?

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

RPGC MAIL USER ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Wednesday November 6, 2019 7:52 AM
Hi all-

What are you all's thoughts on getting lessons online? We are currently launching a site, Mylessonapp.com, that connects golfers with instructors for a 30 minute live streaming lesson. You can use your laptop, tablet or smart phone for the lesson.

We are starting out at $40 per 30 minutes- would you pay that? In this first version we are only using 3-5 instructors to prove demand of this and then expand. You may recognize some instagram (@jakehuttgolf, @greenlife_golf, @chrissellsgolf

Thanks

Satish Kodukula
 Message #92671
shadymg
RE: Thoughts on Live- Streaming online lessons?

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    Rec Park 18

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Wednesday November 6, 2019 9:19 AM
i like the idea of live-streaming lessons. One of my dilemmas with current "online video lessons" is that you spend all the time at the range, then relax, send video, then wait for advice, then you're on your own to implement on the range the next time. I like the idea of the live streaming element--the coach can be with you live on the range and see what you're doing wrong and how to correct.

Now, that being said, at least in my area $40 for 30mins seems pretty steep (long beach), where the local pros typically charge around $60 for an hour. So if I'm paying for a coach to "coach" me from the comfort of wherever he is, I would expect quite a bigger cost savings ya know? Love the idea, but to get mass appeal I think the price has to be really attractive.

Love the idea, hope that helps!
 Message #92672 - This was a reply to message #92671
AndrewZ28
RE: Thoughts on Live- Streaming online lessons?
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GK Cup: Past & Current Champions of The GK Cup

Favorite Golfer:
    Ben Hogan
Favorite Golf Course:
    La Purisima

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Wednesday November 6, 2019 5:00 PM
I think this is a fantastic idea, for both the student and the teacher, as it takes away the scheduling and location issue. If I could find a teacher whose philosophy I like and can, in real time, work with them, regardless of where we both are, I'm totally in!

And to me that price is great. As long as the platform being used allows collaboration in real time with the use of video so the student can see what they need to do while listening to the teacher, that's great.

The only issue I have with this however is the fact that you remove the ability of the instructor to physically get the student to "feel" certain moves. I'm a HUGE proponent of a teacher physically moving a student into correct positions. I've found in my experience the different between "feel and real" is usually pretty big. Maybe having the instructors focus on drills that can be used with common items like another club in the bag, a head cover, bag stand at the range, range bucket, etc. would be a good point of focus.

But I like where this is going...
 Message #92675 - This was a reply to message #92672

Listing 1 to 3 of 3 Replies

PAGES: 1

[ Community Page ]