Relax

GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    Fred Couples
Favorite Golf Course:
    Goose Creek

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Monday March 23, 2020 2:34 PM
People need to stop panicking about this virus, I am not saying don't do things that protect you, i am saying the media has made this into the black plague or ebola. This is not a death sentence, nothing could help this more than to report that a celebrity has it like Tom Hanks and wife and the James Bond girl Olge, because then they report 2 weeks later they are recovered and are doing well. I can't stand the media when they report a celebrity has it, they look at the camera like they just announced their death, sensationalism. There is not enough focus on recovery as the media just wants to report sensationalism for their shows. People need to relax. I am retired and have lost $180,000 of my retirement, golfing will be cut back, but so be it. Here is a statistic I got from the internet, 2017/2018 flu season had 41 million cases with 61,000 deaths, we are no where near that. If everyone was tested the number of positive would be a great deal more and reduce the casualty rate greatly as to what the percentage is now. I am not saying this is not a bad virus, I am saying more common sence and less scare tactics are required. This is not the end of mankind, be positive, I am saving $140 a week not golfing an am able to finish projects around the house. Golf will he there in june.

[[Edited by chevelle on Monday March 23, 2020 2:40 PM]]

[[Edited by chevelle on Monday March 23, 2020 2:43 PM]]
 Message #94191
Rat-Patrol
RE: Relax

Favorite Golfer:
    My Grandpa was
Favorite Golf Course:
    Balboa Park GC

Monday March 23, 2020 3:40 PM
I am starting to feel GWS. Making swings in the backyard ain't cutting it, never did. I NEED GOLF! . . . ok, relax, breath, inhale, exhale, breath deep and exhale . . . ummmmm mellow, ummmmmm mellow . . .
 Message #94192 - This was a reply to message #94191
rudyclub

Favorite Golfer:
    Phil, Ricky, Kucher
Favorite Golf Course:
    Desert willow, Journey

Monday March 23, 2020 4:12 PM
I'm with ya Jim. I've had a net and mat in the backyard for a while. It only makes want to go out and hit balls for real !!!
 Message #94194 - This was a reply to message #94192
CPennbo

Community Director/Women

Favorite Golfer:
    Mickelson
Favorite Golf Course:
    Eagle Falls/Balboa

Tuesday March 24, 2020 9:58 AM
I was starting to get a little antsy and then I read a first hand report from a 40yo who had COVID-19 and what it was like. Oh Holy Crud! Stay AWAY! I'm barricading myself in my house now! (ok, not quite! I'll let Steve stay! LOL) But dang, as this guy said -"this is NOT the flu. It is 1000 times worse than the flu!" It does not sound like anything I'd want to have. Heck, I wouldn't likely survive it. So when I start feeling antsy again I'm going to reread his account and then look at the TENT hospitals people will be assigned to, and I have a feeling I won't be antsy anymore!
New Year's Resolution- HAVE MORE FUN, DO MORE, SEE MORE, LAUGH MORE!
 Message #94209 - This was a reply to message #94194
Deepsea14

Favorite Golfer:
    Dad and his Dad
Favorite Golf Course:
    The one I'm playing

Tuesday March 24, 2020 11:42 AM
" The more relaxed you are, the better you are at everything:
the better you are with your loved ones, the better you are with your enemies,
the better you are at your job, the better you are with yourself." - Bill Murray (7 Handicap) from Pivot magazine article 2019

We are not doing this stay at home for ourselves only but more so for the rest of humanity.

Isolating as instructed. When I do essential errands I full shower before I leave and when I come back.

Soon enough this will Pass? Can we believe the numbers from China? No (ZERO?) new cases reported? Does that mean there are none or only no reports of any?

or is it like Mark Twain's saying; figures never lie but liars figure.

so I guess it's relax and contemplate until we can tee up again and hit that iron shot in close that will result in a birdie and a birdie chain presentation soon enough...
 Message #94210 - This was a reply to message #94209

Listing 1 to 5 of 5 Replies

PAGES: 1

[ Community Page ]