JohnnyGK

GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Cascata

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Thursday September 6, 2018 3:38 PM
GDR23 gives some pointers to having a proper grip. He demonstrates the interlock grip.

Thoughts or Questions for Gary?

GK FACEBOOK - Please check it out - CLICK HERE - I'm doing fun posts all the time.
 Message #89312
CPennbo
RE: GDRGolf - How To Grip The Golf Club

Community Director/Women

GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    Annika/Mickelson
Favorite Golf Course:
    Balboa

Thursday September 6, 2018 7:41 PM
Thanks for your efforts to make better players out of us all! :-) Any tips/instruction for those who don't care for the interlock grip?
New Year's Resolution- HAVE MORE FUN, DO MORE, SEE MORE, LAUGH MORE!
 Message #89315 - This was a reply to message #89312
GDR23
RE: GDRGolf - How To Grip The Golf Club
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GK Cup: Past & Current Champions of The GK Cup

Favorite Golfer:
    Woods--- Couples
Favorite Golf Course:
    Rustic Purisma Sandpiper

Thursday September 6, 2018 8:43 PM
You are very welcome Chris--hope you and Steve are well!

1. The overlap grip is probably the most common for tour or advanced players. This would be the same set up with the shaft starting at the bottom of the heelpad of the left hand and running through the lifeline of the fingers. Instead of interlocking our pinky of our right hand between the forefinger and middle finger of our left hand we would simply rest the pinky of our right hand on top of the forefinger and middle finger of our left hand.

2. The ten finger or baseball grip is popular among juniors or players that are touching a club for the first time. More often than not a 10 finger grip creates a lack of unity with the players hands combined with a dominating lower hand that can result in hooks.

I would recommend an interlock or overlap grip moving forward. Interlock to me personally feels like it gives the player the most stability throughout the golf swing.

One of the most important things I stress is to think of the grip as a "hold" and not a grip. The term grip to me implies tension which their should be none of in the forearms and hands at address or throughout the swing. By holding on too tight you are losing the whip factor of getting the clubface through the ball. 4 out of 10 pressure is what I teach. Ultimately though you want confidence in your grip whatever one you use that your hands will remain intact on the club throughout the swing.
Please check my websitegdrgolf instruction click here
 Message #89317 - This was a reply to message #89315

Listing 1 to 3 of 3 Replies

PAGES: 1

[ Community Page ]