Golf Swing Monitors.
GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    Ben Hogan
Favorite Golf Course:
    PGA West, Nicklaus Tourna

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Tuesday August 29, 2017 3:09 PM
To the GK family. I would like very much to purchase a "Swing Monitor" for personal use on the Range or at home. One that measures Club Speed, Ball Speed, Spin Rate and so on. I have looked around and they can range anywhere from $200 bucks to as high as $18,000 bucks (Trackman 4 ). If you own one now and like or dislike it. Please feel free to share this with me and maybe others in the GK family who might be thinking about purchasing one. Thanks
 Message #85427
3-4bravo
RE: Golf Swing Monitors.

Favorite Golfer:
    Tiger Woods
Favorite Golf Course:
    Hunter Ranch

Wednesday August 30, 2017 10:49 AM
I use a Zepp sensor that is placed on my glove hand. It links to your smartphone which you put in your pocket, and together it measures swing plane, hip rotation, swing speed, tempo, consistency to other swings as well. You can make it to where you choose which club you're using, choose the amount of swings you plan on taking, and swing away while your phone stores the data of each swing. After you're done, you can view each individual swing. The app grades your swing according to the details I listed above on an A through F scale. It even gives you a 3D representation of your back swing and follow through and hip rotation.

My only gripe is that it really only works for full swings. It's tough to gauge 3/4 swings or half swings, punch outs, etc etc. Other than that, it's a great tool.

I think the Zepp 1 costs like 90 bucks and the Zepp 2 costs 150 on Amazon. The difference between the two is that Zepp 2 lets you use a course mode that I'm unfamiliar with.
 Message #85438 - This was a reply to message #85427
roarksown1

Favorite Golfer:
    Whoever's with me playing
Favorite Golf Course:
    Bighorn Golf Club

Wednesday August 30, 2017 11:25 AM
I have the Zepp as well and used it a lot when I first got it, but not so much anymore. I think I realized that all that info was great but I didn't really understand what to do with it all!
 Message #85440 - This was a reply to message #85438
noeldaof

Favorite Golfer:
    Anyone who sets up left
Favorite Golf Course:
    CRYSTALAIRE

Wednesday August 30, 2017 12:22 PM
Luckily, a couple of friends have the trackman and I'm able to use it at just about at any time. One of the guys is a rep for Titleist and does the fitting for the company. But unfortunately all these exciting news I'm sharing with you isn't going to help you.

On the other hand, the next best thing that I used to do was to go in any big box shop and use what they have as often as I can go in and sometimes I can even bring a few of my clubs in.

In addition, I also used to look out for club demo days and club fitting days. Most of the major companies would have those state of the art equipment. One of my favorite I've been in are the Titleist Thursdays event where you actually have 45 minutes of use of their clubs and the trackman. (not all TT has track man on site- you'll just have to call and find out)
Play from a position!
 Message #85441 - This was a reply to message #85427
weber2323
SoCal Community Staff

Favorite Golfer:
    David Duval
Favorite Golf Course:
    La Jolla Country Club

Wednesday August 30, 2017 12:57 PM
Have a friend that has one, sorry don't know the brand but it's small white box that stands up near the ball. I think it's got a little kickstand thing. It provides basic info which I think is just swing speed and maybe ball speed. Like I said it's pretty basic. I would think it's going to depend what you are looking to get out of it. To me I only used this for messing around and trying to get my speed up but really that means nothing if I'm spraying it 50 yards offline.

Used trackman at several fittings and if I hit the lottery then I'll get one. I do like it because it tells me the spin rate which I have been concerned with because I did tend to hit some moon shots. I do think it can be information overload because it does track a lot of things.
 Message #85442 - This was a reply to message #85427
grantar2

Favorite Golfer:
    Danny Lee
Favorite Golf Course:
    Medowlark

Wednesday August 30, 2017 9:32 PM
QUOTED  [Posted By Andrew1 on 08.29.2017 3:09 PM]

To the GK family. I would like very much to purchase a "Swing Monitor" for personal use on the Range or at home. One that measures Club Speed, Ball Speed, Spin Rate and so on. I have looked around and they can range anywhere from $200 bucks to as high as $18,000 bucks (Trackman 4 ). If you own one now and like or dislike it. Please feel free to share this with me and maybe others in the GK family who might be thinking about purchasing one. Thanks

Know this isn't an answer to your question, but do you live in South Orange County by any chance?
 Message #85445 - This was a reply to message #85427

Listing 1 to 6 of 6 Replies

PAGES: 1

[ Community Page ]