Optishot 2

GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    Phil
Favorite Golf Course:
    Aguila

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Sunday December 24, 2017 2:32 PM
I got an Optishot 2 for my wife for Christmas. And yes she’s the one that wanted a simulator. Anyone have any thoughts on setting it up for maximum fun?
 Message #86560
Krystal
RE: Optishot 2

Favorite Golfer:
    dad
Favorite Golf Course:
    Royal County Down

Monday December 25, 2017 12:04 AM
Received the Optishot 2 a few years back to review and was very impressed with the product. It isn't a Trackman and doesn't track a ball but it'll legitimately sense club face, speed and contact to determine a ball's spin rate, velocity etc. Fairly accurate... Fairly simple to set up.

If I'd kept the Optishot, I think I'd build a mat system around the Optishot mat so that when a lefty wanted to play a match, we wouldn't have to keep moving the Optishot mat. A 10' ceiling helped...not sure how it would work without a high ceiling. Having the real estate is definitely beneficial. You'll need a good imagination to envision a shot in front of you. Unless you're projecting in front...I used a flatscreen to the side. Missed the feel of an actual ball coming off the face but, that's just me.

There are several basic courses included and the premium courses are free when the PGATour is playing there i.e. Riviera CC... You might call and inquire about an guest membership into their premium program.

Make sure you've taken the time to calibrate clubs with the Optishot. The person I gave the system to loves it. Practices with it 4-5x's a week and he's a better golfer. He uses it less for llay and more for distance/line control. He's had to replace the mat once and said he'll order another in a couple months.

Hope that helps...nice Xmas present! Have fun with that.
Krys
 Message #86562 - This was a reply to message #86560
dcoachl
RE: Optishot 2

GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    Phil
Favorite Golf Course:
    Aguila

Monday December 25, 2017 10:36 AM
Thanks for the feedback Krys. I’m already thinking about what you mentioned, the visual of seeing the ball coming off the club. I may look into a projector and impact screen. Merry Christmas !!

[[Edited by dcoachl on Monday December 25, 2017 10:50 AM]]
 Message #86566 - This was a reply to message #86562

Listing 1 to 3 of 3 Replies

PAGES: 1

[ Community Page ]