Click To View Golf Course Page

Discussions in General Golf Discussions
Moderated By CPennbo, JohnnyGK, kviser, Paisano, ringworld, thingstodo

Forums
Golfing
General Golf Discussions
Cannabis. Smoking it while you play.
YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: Cannabis. Smoking it while you play.

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 1 to 10 of 62 Replies

PAGES: 7 1 2 3 4 5
icu2often
Cannabis. Smoking it while you play.

Favorite Golfer:
    ?
Favorite Golf Course:
    None yet

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Monday January 1, 2018 8:56 AM
Now that smoking Cannabis (Marijuana) in private quarters only is legal in California and you so happen to be a person who doesn't agree with this new law. What will be your reaction if your put with player/s who are smoking Marijuana. Will you say something to them or what? How will you react? Because you know very well that there are going to be those who are going to "Light up" in pubic despite the Law. What will be your reaction to their action? Do you think Golf Courses will inforce a Rule about Smoking it while playing? There will be those who will be defiant. Bob Dylan was right when he wrote and sang "the times they are a changing"
 Message #86608
JohnnyGK
RE: Cannabis. Smoking it while you play.

JohnnyGK

GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Cascata

Monday January 1, 2018 9:24 AM
I've played with many golfers that are high, its never bothered me, always fun watching them take that first "High Guy" putt, thinking its perfect only to come up 10 feet short - ROTF

In all seriousness, just don't smoke near me where I can get a contact high and I don't care. Live life. Enjoy!

Now don't ask me my opinion about playing with a DRUNK golfer, you'll get a different, not so pleasant, answer.
GK is now on FACEBOOK! CLICK HERE and become a fan!
 Message #86609 - This was a reply to message #86608
chevelle

Favorite Golfer:
    Fred Couples
Favorite Golf Course:
    Goose Creek

Monday January 1, 2018 3:55 PM
Johnny... I agree with you, I do not indulge but as long as they do it away from me so I don't get blow back, it is what it is. ... live and let live. But I am a real stickler for NO, drinking and driving also, not even one drink and then get behind the wheel, so I wait until I get home from golf to have a glass of wine. Jmho
 Message #86613 - This was a reply to message #86609
stickboy

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

Monday January 1, 2018 4:04 PM
This may come as a surprise to the op, but there were actually people who smoked dope on the golf course BEFORE the law was passed! I don't smoke, but I see no moral distinction between drinking a couple beers or smoking a joint ... on the golf course or anywhere else. It should definitely help potato chip sales at the snack bar, though.
 Message #86614 - This was a reply to message #86609
Alex326

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach

Monday January 1, 2018 6:58 PM
I actually had a guy pull out a joint a coup,e of weeks ago while we were paired up. I actually politely but firmly asked him to put it out. I simply told him that my company has a strict no smoking policy and does random drug testing so I couldn't risk a contact high. I did a term paper back in the 80's on legalizing marijuana so it's not that I'm against it but I don't want seen "hanging out" with someone who indulges.

And as far as drinking on the course.... Don't even get me started. If you need more than two drinks per round then it's time to find a new activity. I hear billiards is making a big comeback! Or poker is popular these days...
 Message #86617 - This was a reply to message #86614
Rat-Patrol

Favorite Golfer:
    My Grandpa was
Favorite Golf Course:
    Balboa Park GC

Monday January 1, 2018 7:55 PM
 Message #86618 - This was a reply to message #86608
24hourgolf

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

RPGC MAIL USER ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Monday January 1, 2018 8:59 PM
I don't like to play with people who smoke whether it be cigarettes cigars or marijuana so I would definitely have to say something or politely decline not to play with them
 Message #86619 - This was a reply to message #86608
Rat-Patrol

Favorite Golfer:
    My Grandpa was
Favorite Golf Course:
    Balboa Park GC

Tuesday January 2, 2018 5:34 AM
My one and only purpose on the golf course is to golf, if you are doing anything that interferes with that we have a problem. Beyond that, I personally have no problem playing with anyone whether we totally agree on every little thing or not. Seems some people want to live their lives in a bubble these days, only interacting with those who adhere to their strict guidelines in life . . . I ain't no Quaker, if you are, we'll have a good time playing as long as you don't mind me pushing your delicate little buttons to elicit a response. Jeez people do some of really have such a long list of ground rules when comes to who and who isn't allowed in our foursome . . . or to even come in contact with? If you play public golf courses you need to be able to co-habitate with the common man. If not get yourself one of them private club memberships and keep your nose high in the air.
 Message #86621 - This was a reply to message #86619
sngernz

Favorite Golfer:
    Bubba!
Favorite Golf Course:
    Spyglass Hill

Tuesday January 2, 2018 7:06 AM
Like Johnny, I'd just laugh only because I know that golf is a challenging mental game so to diminish your faculties with a mind altering substance, well, I can't see how this would help to score better, but I'm sure the user wouldn't care anyway. One the other hand, I've heard that there are some forms of Cannabis that can help to improve concentration ... hmm.

Bottom line: just don't blow it in my face and we're fine.
QUOTED  Now don't ask me my opinion about playing with a DRUNK golfer, you'll get a different, not so pleasant, answer.

You got that right!
 Message #86622 - This was a reply to message #86621
t8fish

Favorite Golfer:
    My Dad
Favorite Golf Course:
    Wykagyl GC

Tuesday January 2, 2018 12:33 PM
Dave's not here, man…
 Message #86627 - This was a reply to message #86626

Listing 1 to 10 of 62 Replies

PAGES: 7 1 2 3 4 5

[ Community Page ]