Click To View Golf Course Page

Discussions in GK Events & Outings
Moderated By CPennbo, JohnnyGK, kviser, Paisano, thingstodo

Forums
Greenskeeper.org
GK Events & Outings
Recap - GK Plays Yocha Dehe GC 7-22-17!
YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: Recap - GK Plays Yocha Dehe GC 7-22-17!

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 1 to 1 of 1 Replies

PAGES: 1
JohnnyGK
Recap - GK Plays Yocha Dehe GC 7-22-17!

JohnnyGK

GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Cascata

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Monday July 31, 2017 4:52 PM
Hi Everyone,

Little late on the recap - what a trip to NorCal that was for me. 5 GK Guru rounds and of course GK Plays Yocha Dehe

This was our first Northern California GK Plays outing and I really appreciate the full turnout! So many SoCal GK’ers made the drive up and a golf weekend out of it. Special thanks to GK’er BGarecelon who introduced GK to many fun golfers in the area who signed up to play.

Big thanks to everyone that came and to our sponsors Linksoul and Golfmoose. GK’er AndrewZ28 could not make it up to Yocha Dehe but again he sure loaded us with beautiful Linksoul gear. Golfmoose out did themselves too with a bunch of $25 certificates. Also thank you GK’er BSF for donating a dozen Nike Golf Balls for the raffle.

I just posted my review and photos of the course. Looking forward to reading many of yours.

It’s been a strange year for weather with our GK Plays, first winter weather by Palm Springs standards in May at PGA WEST and now in July we go up to Northern California to catch the tail end of massive 100+ degree heat wave. Unfortunately the heat wave certainly had an impact on Yocha Dehe’s playing conditions so we did not get to experience the typical Yocha Dehe immaculate conditions. I would still consider the conditions great but have to admit, been looking forward to playing there for so long and reading so many amazing reviews about the conditions over the years ... which is why I got to try to get back up there for a GK Plays Yocha Dehe in the Spring next year. Everything else about the outing and course exceeded my expectations. Need to go back.

Results:

Hole #3: Long Drive: Greg Hughes (gregholla)

Hole #4: Closest To Pin: Aaron Souza (non-greenskeeper.org): 7ft, 4in

Hole #7: Closest To Pin: Rob Tracy (non-greenskeeper.org): 13ft, 0in

Hole #11: Long Drive: Greg Hughes (gregholla)

Hole #13: Closest To Pin: Rob Tracy (non-greenskeeper.org): 10ft, 5in

Hole #16: Closest To Pin: Phillip Park (ppark81): 8ft, 9in

Photos GK Plays Yocha Dehe GC - Click Here

[[Edited by JohnnyGK on Monday July 31, 2017 6:43 PM]]
GK is now on FACEBOOK! CLICK HERE and become a fan!
 Message #85130

Listing 1 to 1 of 1 Replies

PAGES: 1

[ Community Page ]