Discussions in What d'you shoot (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
Moderated By CPennbo, JohnnyGK, kviser, Paisano, thingstodo

Forums
Greenskeeper.org
What d'you shoot (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
What d'you shoot January-2022 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: What d'you shoot January-2022 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 1 to 10 of 15 Replies

PAGES: 2 1 2
JohnnyGK
What d'you shoot January-2022 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)

JohnnyGK

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach Golf Links

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Sunday January 2, 2022 10:13 PM
2022 - What d'you shoot begins!

Lets open it up with a bang!

Looking forward to reading about your golf rounds

Happy New Year!
GK FACEBOOK - Please check it out - CLICK HERE - I'm doing fun posts all the time.
 Message #101205
mpisarski01
RE: What d'you shoot January-2022 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    John Daly & Anyone I beat
Favorite Golf Course:
    Circ Raven, Grizzly Ranch

Tuesday January 4, 2022 12:08 PM
Capped the year off with rounds at Paiute and Coyote Springs. These were the first two rounds after some more injections into my shoulder so I didn't know how it was going to go.

First round was at LV Paiute Snow and the weather was almost like the course name SNOW. 46° at tee time droppings as the sunset with 15-20mph winds. Luckily my driver and irons were on fire most of the day with no lost balls and only one unplayable drop for the day. I went 42-42 with a majority of my extra strokes coming on the putting green as they were fast and firm. I noticed for the first time that the wind was causing havoc with the breaks due to the speed of the greens. It was quite an adventure. I was happy with my score this day especially as I had to wear pants and a jacket!!!! (those of you who know me would attest to the fact i am always in shorts and a short sleeves.)

Second Round was all the way out at Coyote Springs.
This was a very interesting round for me. On the first two par 5's I took unadjusted 9's!!!! The first one was two water ball related and the second par 5 was a water ball and unplayable bush! 2 of the 3 water balls were a bit unlucky as my ball landed in the fairway and rolled 20+ yard into the water.
Then on the back nine I went for the green in 2 from 230 on the first par 5 and missed it by inches and the ball rolled back and into the water (worth it). i ended up making a double so for those of you keeping score at home I was +10 on the first 3 par 5s. I bogeyed the last for +11. The rest of the round was very smooth with the exception of a misjudged distance on a par 3 ending up with a double bogey. I feel that I played way better than the score card showed but just didn't execute on a few of the holes.

Looking Forward to playing more golf this year if the shoulder stays in one piece.
 Message #101217 - This was a reply to message #101205
roarksown1
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    Ty Webb
Favorite Golf Course:
    Spyglass Hill

Tuesday January 4, 2022 12:53 PM
First round of 2022 was a real disaster. El Prado's (Butterfield Stage) conditions already were going to make the round difficult, but the added adversity from the recent week of rain did it even less favors, and on top of that the driving range was closed so no warming up and it was in the high 40s/low 50s at start time. Enough excuses already? Horrific, cold ball-striking for the first few holes but then many of the good ones got the bad luck day - solid shots hitting a single, exposed tree branch and ruining the trajectory, or fairway shots finding the only mud patch, or other good shots landing in large divots or underwater in the bunkers. Nothing worked out. Doesn't help to be missing three-foot putts all day either regardless how pocky the greens were. Shot a despair-inducing 52 on the front with my first par on #9, then tried to clean it up on the back but didn't do much better. On the par 5 12th hole I chunked three straight hybrids trying to get it near the green and then it was just 'meh' for the rest to card a dismal 49 on the back. 101 adj 100 so of course the rest of the year can only get better, right?
 Message #101219 - This was a reply to message #101217
SBogey

SoCal Community Staff

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    Phil/Day/
Favorite Golf Course:
    Eagle Falls

Wednesday January 5, 2022 6:19 PM
Got out for what I hope is the first of many rounds this year. Though I am not ready to retire yet I have cut down on the number and size of the jobs I take on so I plan to get more golf in as a result. My wife and I figured Ashwood would be a good way to get started since we have only played once since October. The course is in great shape except for the bunkers. Pebbles are bad enough but full on 3/4 rock is unacceptable. I have lost a lot of distance but was hitting the ball OK. My short game was right on but my putting killed me. Lots of 3 putts! Shot a 41 on Mesquite and 39 on Birch. Sounds great except par for those 2 courses is 65. I did manage 6 pars with 3 in a row at one point but alas it was golf! Looking forward to some great golf in the year ahead!
 Message #101232 - This was a reply to message #101219
mpisarski01
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    John Daly & Anyone I beat
Favorite Golf Course:
    Circ Raven, Grizzly Ranch

Tuesday January 11, 2022 11:27 AM
Nice 86 out at Desert Island (S at rancho mirage) last Sat. 2 blow up triples due to OB issues on this tight course. Putted well and Chipped well. Made a birdie on 11 and just a fun day overall.
 Message #101257 - This was a reply to message #101232
SBogey

SoCal Community Staff

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    Phil/Day/
Favorite Golf Course:
    Eagle Falls

Wednesday January 12, 2022 5:49 PM
Been meaning to ask this for a long time. Maybe with the new year we can make the change. Shouldn't it be "What'd you shoot!"
 Message #101260 - This was a reply to message #101257
Rat-Patrol
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    My Grandpa was
Favorite Golf Course:
    Balboa Park GC

Thursday January 13, 2022 3:41 AM
Nice catch Steve! Lol!
 Message #101262 - This was a reply to message #101260
SBogey

SoCal Community Staff

Favorite Golfer:
    Phil/Day/
Favorite Golf Course:
    Eagle Falls

Thursday January 20, 2022 7:11 AM
Played at Morongo yesterday. For some reason they are only using Legend's course on the weekend so we had to play Champions. I like the front nine a lot but the back nine is too quirky for my taste. I decided in advance I was just going to play the back conservative and see if that helped. This was one of those days you just have to say golf is a weird sport. On the front I was hitting good shots and felt good with my game overall except again my lack of distance. My putting was OK just not great. Shot 47. Not sure why it was so bad but oh well. Got to the back and felt like the conservative approach wasn't helping a whole lot. Did manage to finish with pars on 17 and 18 but was surprised to have a 46 on the back. 93 seems like a poor round but this early there is plenty of room for improvement I guess. My bunker play was the highlight of the day. On 3 was in one of those deep bunkers where you can only see the top of the flag. I knew the green sloped from right to left toward the hole so just wanted to get it out and on the green. Ended up about a foot from the hole for a nice tap in par. Had another similar situation on #10 and was able to save bogey. The course is looking great. The greens are holding well and rolling nice. Not too fast and not too slow. I still prefer the Legends especially after my hole in 1 last summer but I don't hate the back as much as I did. I have often said all the back nine needs is a couple windmills and some plastic animals to finish it off right!
On another note they are putting in houses as fast as they can. Soon there will be no open space and nothing but homes as far as you can see. Unfortunate but as long as they don't take out one of the courses for houses I guess we just have to chalk it up to progress. If you haven't played there in a while you may be shocked at how much it has changed, especially on the Legends course.
 Message #101298 - This was a reply to message #101262
FirstFlightFX-101
GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter GK Event: Played in a GK Event SCGA GK Golf Club: Member Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated! GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers

Favorite Golfer:
    Dave Stockton
Favorite Golf Course:
    Oak Q & V, Rancho DelSol

Thursday January 20, 2022 8:39 AM
I'm very familiar with that sinister front side bunker on #3...nice sand save, Steve
 Message #101299 - This was a reply to message #101298
JohnnyGK

JohnnyGK

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach Golf Links

Thursday January 20, 2022 9:37 AM
I need to break 90 this year... dang ... ended the round at Dove Canyon with some promise. Shot a 90 from the Championship Tees, tough course, first time playing, diabolical greens ... review and photos to be posted today. Great time with fellow GK Gurus sparky14, gary00 and dconnally.
GK FACEBOOK - Please check it out - CLICK HERE - I'm doing fun posts all the time.
 Message #101301 - This was a reply to message #101205

Listing 1 to 10 of 15 Replies

PAGES: 2 1 2

[ Community Page ]