Discussions in What d'you shoot (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
Moderated By CPennbo, JohnnyGK, kviser, Paisano, thingstodo

Forums
Greenskeeper.org
What d'you shoot (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
What d'you shoot May-2022 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: What d'you shoot May-2022 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 1 to 10 of 10 Replies

PAGES: 1
JohnnyGK
What d'you shoot May-2022 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)

JohnnyGK

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach Golf Links

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Sunday May 1, 2022 6:54 AM
Opening up May 2022 right with a GK Plays at Desert Willow Golf Resort today! - Hope everyone has one of their best months out on the links. Looking forward to your stories and reviews.
GK FACEBOOK - Please check it out - CLICK HERE - I'm doing fun posts all the time.
 Message #101998
mpisarski01
RE: What d'you shoot May-2022 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    John Daly & Anyone I beat
Favorite Golf Course:
    Circ Raven, Grizzly Ranch

Monday May 2, 2022 9:12 AM
Interesting round yesterday out at Desert Willow.

First two holes I hit great shots and made pars. Then got run the f over by the bogey train for the next 6 holes including a triple and a few doubles. I shot 47 on the front. After doubling hole 10 I went on a streak of Pars with 3 of then having solid birdie looks. I took another double on 17 but Birdied 18 to shoot 86. The good thing was my drives were on a line and averaging 280-300 with all the roll out yesterday.

Golf is a weird game.

[[Edited by mpisarski01 on Monday May 2, 2022 9:13 AM]]
 Message #102006 - This was a reply to message #101998
Rat-Patrol
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    My Grandpa was
Favorite Golf Course:
    Balboa Park GC

Thursday May 5, 2022 7:45 PM
Hit the ball well until my back tightened up on 12, but, again, COULD, NOT, PUTT! Torrey South 101.
 Message #102034 - This was a reply to message #101998
JohnnyGK

JohnnyGK

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach Golf Links

Thursday May 5, 2022 8:42 PM
Sunday GK Plays Desert Willow GR:

Shot a 95 at during our GK Plays Desert Willow GR Mountain View Course Purple Tees. Drove the ball terribly compared to how I normally hit it. Lots of penalties, if not for the rest of me game being OK it would have been a 100+ round.

Wednesday Wood Ranch GC:

Got an invite from GKers blakej824 for a late afternoon round yesterday local to me, Wood Ranch Golf Club, which worked out perfect. Joined rgm2525 and blake's friend Alex. Was only 10 over par after 16 holes which in included a triple bogey and couple double bogeys. But the wheels fell off the last couple holes with a double and triple. Shot an 87, adjusted 86 from the blue tees I was still satisfied with. But man what could have been had I finished strong. Great time.

Reviews and Photos should be up tomorrow at the latest.

[[Edited by JohnnyGK on Thursday May 5, 2022 8:43 PM]]
GK FACEBOOK - Please check it out - CLICK HERE - I'm doing fun posts all the time.
 Message #102035 - This was a reply to message #101998
Alex326
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach

Friday May 6, 2022 12:09 AM
A tale of two nines Sunday at Ridge Creek. Three birdies in the first 5 holes before the putter went cold, but finished the front nine at -1. Then proceeded to go 10 over on the back nine, and that was with another birdie. Didn't help that I lost two balls on one hole, but the putter went stone cold.

I did manage to find out how Ridge Creek keeps their fairways so green in the summer. Was paired up with the director of public works for Dinuba and they have a contract with the course to pump all excess "waste" water which is high in nitrates on the course. And of course the nitrates are perfect for the grass and acts like fertilizer. So in a couple of months when everything else starts to turn brown and Ridge Creek is emerald green, you'll know why!
 Message #102036 - This was a reply to message #102035
mpisarski01
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
Favorite Golf Course:

Monday May 9, 2022 9:32 AM
Shot 2 under at Newport Golf Course on Friday. To be fair I played 9 holes and most holes are 90-150 yards and hitting off mats. But still hit the ball straight and made a few putts. I eagled the 290 yard par 4 7th too.
 Message #102042 - This was a reply to message #101998
roarksown1
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    Ty Webb
Favorite Golf Course:
    Spyglass Hill

Monday May 9, 2022 10:09 AM
I knew that I was going to be pretty severely outmatched by Cascata this past Friday so I tried my best to simply enjoy it and have as much fun as possible. Playing from the blue tees without a driver (I use a 2 driving iron for all long holes) was going to require some pretty solid tee shots, and I was solid enough to hit 8 of 14 fairways for the round, with many others just off the first cut. I made it through the front nine without a single penalty and carded a decent enough 44 on the front.

While the tee shots stayed pretty solid into the back nine as well, some of the approaches and short game tests became a lot more difficult as the wind picked up and there were a lot of penalties that got racked up on the back. I had one horrific hole with three penalties alone - the par 4 14th. I ended up taking a 9 on that hole but didn't let that crush me but still could only manage one par on the back nine with a lot of bogeys and three doubles. It's just a tough course!

Ended up finishing somewhat strong on 18 after putting my tee shot in the creek on the left side of the fairway but managed to save bogey with a great approach shot and closed out the back with a disappointing but not earth-shattering 51. Final tally? 44-51 for a 95 adjusted to 93 for that big blowup hole. I can honestly say that under my circumstances and playing in a tough wind on an even tougher course, I was just hoping pre-round to break 100, so knowing that I was only one blowup hole and a few other circumstances from breaking 90 made me quite okay with how the round played out.
 Message #102043 - This was a reply to message #102042
Deepsea14
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    Dad and his Dad
Favorite Golf Course:
    The one I'm playing

Monday May 9, 2022 10:51 AM
Ah Cascata! If they charged less would it still be the same? I'd like to know!

Played early Mother's Day as a two-some following a 4-some. Our third week in a row at River Oaks. Course review today.
Mom is on the East coast and my partners is in Heaven. So it was on mano a mano for Mother's honor.
Match play or stroke play? Let's do both!

I hit 6 warm up 7 irons and about that many putts.
First hole Double to a triple who didn't use the nearby range.
Surprisingly scored pars and bogeys from there until the 9th got me trying to be greedy for the back pin with a pitch triple finish 43

Put me four up with the loss and 4 strokes but that's only the turn.
Todd shoots one par (14th) and sticks on the back with 6 bogeys and two Birdies =40
with a 47 front shoots my mothers age! 87
I thought of that a few times on the back and had it in my sights or better until I triple the 18th for a 46 back = 89

On to the Match +4 at the turn and put up two pars when he bogeyed so I got that 2&1

Todd wins strokes by two so its a split.

ALL Square in the Mom's match / stroke play combo.

On to next week's tie breaker I suppose.

Ps. I had to come up with another Birdie Chain for our personal use.
A lighter version.
Seems the anti-lock brake sensor ring I used from a 4x4 axle is too heavy teeing off on the next hole.
I'd like to know!

[[Edited by Deepsea14 on Monday May 9, 2022 10:52 AM]]
 Message #102044 - This was a reply to message #102043
mpisarski01

Favorite Golfer:
Favorite Golf Course:

Sunday May 22, 2022 6:40 AM
Out in Vegas for the GK event.

Friday at coyote springs wind was howling 20-30 most of the day. Real hard to keep approaches online I only hit 4 GIR on the day and shot an 87. One blow up on a par 3 with a water ball and a 3 putt.

Sat played at arroyo golf club at RedRock. Had a very good driving day as well as short game. I made no birdies but still shot 78! One double and 4 bogeys. 27 putts including No 3 putts. I was surprised because when I was in the rough it was extra thick which definitely caused issues but my scrambling on those holes was impeccable. I avoided a bad blow up after topping a drive 50 yards leaving 250 into the green but smashed my 3wd from the desert scape and landed it on the green for a 2 putt par.

We will see what happens today at Bali Hai
 Message #102134 - This was a reply to message #101998
Deepsea14
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    Dad and his Dad
Favorite Golf Course:
    The one I'm playing

Wednesday June 1, 2022 7:15 PM
Got back into handicap play in a four-ball event at Teal Bend 5/29

Signed up early in the year and then I had inadvertently let my index lapse. I fixed that with payment to the NCGA and was on our way to the round of 32 after the play-in part of the event was mostly a draw of teams of who advanced. I believe a couple contests were played, but we advanced by default.

Match was played at Teal Bend with us grandpas at about 23.0 indexes vs Chris @ 7 and Gary = 11.0

We tee off first my partner ok to the right will require two more to the front of the green. I squib one left and low. in rough near a bunker also will require a couple more to the putting surface. Back pin. Our opponents feeling the pressure of facing us, both lose their tee balls opposite sides fairway one shorter one longer than our tee shots. Everybody doubles or worse. We win with the stroke! 1UP.

Par 5 number 2 all good tees shots. I lay up to my PW pitch run it up to the RF collar with a front pin. Partner long in 4 out of it. Opponents both chipping make par gimmes. I roll my birdie in from the fringe and it's on 2UP.

Slower POP and the personal BC comes out and the stories begin on the tee box of the short par 4 3rd. We both go left in the trees no miraculous recoveries. Gary is prime 90 yards in; Chris long right past trees has less. Both hit it below the hole about 16 feet. Both make it for birdies back to back after Todd's pitch on the same line was just short for a gimme bogey.

From there it was a slide for us and steady play for them. Critical holes 7-10 we didn't do it and they did with pars or better. I made back to back pars on 12 and 13 winning 12 but losing 13 to a birdie no strokes involved. We forced them to make par or better as long as we could and they did just that to take us down 4&3

It was fun! Todd'd first game of competitive 4 ball match play. He bought a new 52 degree wedge same as the Mizuno he borrowed from me and had been using. On 18 he chips in for birdie! It's debut in the bag to take the provisional BC back from our opponents. They won the match fair and square but Todd went down swinging. Par on 16 and birdie on 18 after it was over. Beer was cold...
 Message #102197 - This was a reply to message #102134

Listing 1 to 10 of 10 Replies

PAGES: 1

[ Community Page ]