Discussions in What d'you shoot (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
Moderated By CPennbo, JohnnyGK, kviser, Paisano, thingstodo

Forums
Greenskeeper.org
What d'you shoot (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
What d'you shoot May-2019 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: What d'you shoot May-2019 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 11 to 20 of 35 Replies

PAGES: 4 1 2 3 4
larryq2001
RE: What d'you shoot May-2019 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)

Favorite Golfer:
    Ernie Els
Favorite Golf Course:
    Bailey Creek

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Saturday May 11, 2019 7:48 PM
Just got to mention I had a hole in one this week at Black Gold, hole #10. 151 yards with a 7 iron. Witnessed by another Gker leef2020. My second and hope to have a few more!!
 Message #91366 - This was a reply to message #91229
JohnnyGK

JohnnyGK

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach Golf Links

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Saturday May 11, 2019 9:36 PM
My final posted round for 2019 and how cool it was being my 20th round to give me a complete 2019 index at 9.0.

It was fun keep score for a change and now I'll return to my non-scoring golf from here on out. I like the way I'm driving and putting the ball. Going to be a great rest of 2019! Here's hoping I finally get that ace!
GK FACEBOOK - Please check it out - CLICK HERE - I'm doing fun posts all the time.
 Message #91368 - This was a reply to message #91229
JohnnyGK

JohnnyGK

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach Golf Links

Saturday May 11, 2019 9:38 PM
Awesome Ace Larry!
GK FACEBOOK - Please check it out - CLICK HERE - I'm doing fun posts all the time.
 Message #91369 - This was a reply to message #91366
leef2020
GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    Jack & Jordan
Favorite Golf Course:
    Baltusrol

Sunday May 12, 2019 1:33 AM
QUOTED  Just got to mention I had a hole in one this week at Black Gold, hole #10. 151 yards with a 7 iron. Witnessed by another Gker leef2020. My second and hope to have a few more!!

Larry, I have no idea what you're talking about. ;-)
 Message #91370 - This was a reply to message #91366
noeldaof
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

RPGC MAIL USER ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Monday May 13, 2019 8:48 AM
Lessons kept me from playing much or playing good golf. I'm usually a month or two down from my regular golf. But there were some good ball striking over the weekend, however, not good scoring. 41/43 for me doesn't look good, but there's something good there real soon.
JVGA
 Message #91373 - This was a reply to message #91285
mpisarski01

Favorite Golfer:
    John Daly
Favorite Golf Course:
    Griz. Ranch & Chambers

Monday May 13, 2019 9:17 AM
Played in a 2 person scramble at El Prado Chino Creek. Drives were fantastic, Irons on par 3's terrible, putting decent but the greens were very bumpy. We shot 73.
 Message #91374 - This was a reply to message #91373
roarksown1
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain

Favorite Golfer:
    Whoever's with me playing
Favorite Golf Course:
    Bighorn Golf Club

Monday May 13, 2019 10:26 AM
QUOTED  If you are on the other end of said match play you become suspicious of your opponents handicap suddenly going up 3 strokes - Roarksown1

Ha! Have you seen my scores of late? I would MUCH rather still have a lower handicap and be playing more consistent golf than get an extra stroke or two in match play. It's been a truly brutal 2019 so far. Just as an example, after a decent day overall at Simi Hills on Saturday (actually just a good back nine), played Rancho Park on Sunday and opened with a blistering 56 on the front! Cleaned it up until 17 and then went nuts again - another three-digit finishing score, like my 6th or 7th in the last 20 rounds. It's ugly. But in match play luckily that doesn't matter too much. Those blowup holes count the same as losing by one. Thankfully.
 Message #91375 - This was a reply to message #91286
leef2020
GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    Jack & Jordan
Favorite Golf Course:
    Baltusrol

Monday May 13, 2019 11:58 AM
Last Monday, shot a 79 at Mile Square Players course, certainly my best round in many, many months. When posting the score to the Ghin handicap site, it shot back a red warning message, something to the effect, "...this round is significantly below the golfer's normal range. Are you sure you want to post it?" Got a good chuckle out of that!

Have been trying out various golf balls over the last few rounds, and on that day was playing the Bridgestone B RXS, which is supposed to be good for under 100mph driver swings. Interesting golf ball. Seemed to perform between a 2-piece and 3-piece. Went about the same off the tee as the Kirkland 3-piece, but not as consistently straight. However, off the fairway woods, hybrids and irons, definitely a bit longer (much less spin). No real 'action' off the longer irons to stop it (like a 2-piece), but OK on a pitching wedge shot on 18. Worked well on the parkland-style course, as the ball could land short and bounce forward to the green. Would not want to play it on smaller, raised greens where you need to stick it (like Costa Mesa Mesa Linda). Chipping did see it roll out a bit too much. Putting-wise, it was great. Jumped off my soft-faced putter, and helped me not leave putts short (and into the hole)!

Yesterday at Tijeras Creek, played the sibling Bridgestone B RX, and the ball went a little further than the RXS, straighter (12/14 fwys) and held the greens well with a 4 and 6 iron. Liked the putting feel, as well - a little crisper contact. Definitely checked up more on the short-game shots, too. For most courses, would likely pick this one of the two to play.
 Message #91376 - This was a reply to message #91229
roarksown1
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain

Favorite Golfer:
    Whoever's with me playing
Favorite Golf Course:
    Bighorn Golf Club

Tuesday May 14, 2019 5:31 PM
QUOTED  When posting the score to the Ghin handicap site, it shot back a red warning message, something to the effect, "...this round is significantly below the golfer's normal range. Are you sure you want to post it?" Got a good chuckle out of that!

That's pretty much always the best message you can ever get!
 Message #91389 - This was a reply to message #91376
Alex326
GKGC BIRDIE: GKGC Birdie Supporter GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach

Wednesday May 15, 2019 10:27 AM
Agreed!! At least it's a great message when posting a sub 80 round. Not so good when posting a triple digit score
 Message #91393 - This was a reply to message #91389

Listing 11 to 20 of 35 Replies

PAGES: 4 1 2 3 4

[ Community Page ]