Discussions in What d'you shoot (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
Moderated By CPennbo, JohnnyGK, kviser, Paisano, thingstodo

Forums
Greenskeeper.org
What d'you shoot (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
What d'you shoot July-2020 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: What d'you shoot July-2020 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 1 to 10 of 28 Replies

PAGES: 3 1 2 3
JohnnyGK
What d'you shoot July-2020 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)

JohnnyGK

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach Golf Links

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Wednesday July 1, 2020 11:15 AM
Looking forward to lot of golf this month. GK Plays outings at the end of month. GK Guru rounds throughout the month. Good Times!

Thanks for posting!
GK FACEBOOK - Please check it out - CLICK HERE - I'm doing fun posts all the time.
 Message #95554
mpisarski01
RE: What d'you shoot July-2020 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    John Daly & Anyone I beat
Favorite Golf Course:
    Griz. Ranch & Chambers

Wednesday July 1, 2020 11:44 AM
8 rounds scheduled for this month I am excited to see how I play.
 Message #95555 - This was a reply to message #95554
Rat-Patrol
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain

Favorite Golfer:
    My Grandpa was
Favorite Golf Course:
    Balboa Park GC

Wednesday July 1, 2020 7:47 PM
94=47+47 birdie from 6' on 7, that's the only highlight.

. . . oh yeah Balboa Park GC. Whoops!

[[Edited by Rat-Patrol on Thursday July 2, 2020 6:58 AM]]
 Message #95565 - This was a reply to message #95555
mpisarski01

Favorite Golfer:
Favorite Golf Course:
    Griz. Ranch & Chambers

Friday July 3, 2020 8:29 PM
Started my month with a career tying best round at Falcon Dunes Golf club at Luke Airforce Base. Solid drives and fantastic scrambling for 3 birdies 6 bogeys and 9 pars for a 37-37=74! Inside 100 yards I was perfect for finding the greens. 11 of 14 fairways hit and 9 or 18 greens hit. On 18 I saw my score and knew a par would be a career best 73 I pulled my drive a touch left but had about 155 to the green I landed just left of the green chipped on to about 10 feet but lipped the putt.

Super excited to shoot well on a Course I’ve never played! I’ve now had back to back rounds in the 70s and haven’t lost a ball. I hope this continues next weekend at wolf creek and Paiute.
 Message #95591 - This was a reply to message #95554
kviser

SoCal Community Staff

GK Event: Played in a GK Event LA-GK-Meetup-Winner: LA GK Meetup Winner GKGC BIRDIE: GKGC Birdie Supporter SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    Fred Couples
Favorite Golf Course:
    River Ridge

Saturday July 4, 2020 9:19 PM
I shot 41/43, 84 (adjusted to an 82 for posting) at Rancho Vista in Palmdale on Friday, July 3.

It looked like I was on my way to an epic round, going 1-under through 6 holes with birdies on Holes 3 and 6!

Then the wheels came off on the easy par-4 Hole 8; I put two into the lake straight off the tee, chunked my approach, chipped on, and one-putted for the dreaded snowman! A bogie on Hole 9 still got me to a 41, which is not bad for me.

The back nine was not too stellar, although I have played worse. It was a mix of pars, bogies, and one double to eke out a 43.

I did have chances for more birdies, but I was just missing. I also hit 8 fairways and 8 greens in regulation which is better than my averages.
 Message #95597 - This was a reply to message #95554
JohnnyGK

JohnnyGK

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach Golf Links

Thursday July 9, 2020 12:44 PM
So I decided to still keep score, still focus, but have some more fun out there.

Shot a 84 from the blue tees at Enagic Golf Club at Eastlake with GK Gurus yesterday. Had a very good stretch of holes that got me excited, a triple and two double bogeys hurt. One birdie that felt fantastic. I just need to play more golf to get back in the groove. Next round on Saturday 7/18 GK Cup Final CrossCreek then the following week Cascata Friday 7/24, Reflection Bay Saturday 7/25 and Mojave Resort 7/26. Love playing in warm temps. All that golf in a row. Great challenging courses. Going to be a fun ride.
GK FACEBOOK - Please check it out - CLICK HERE - I'm doing fun posts all the time.
 Message #95670 - This was a reply to message #95554
JohnnyGK

JohnnyGK

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach Golf Links

Thursday July 9, 2020 12:45 PM
QUOTED  Started my month with a career tying best round at Falcon Dunes Golf club at Luke Airforce Base. Solid drives and fantastic scrambling for 3 birdies 6 bogeys and 9 pars for a 37-37=74! Inside 100 yards I was perfect for finding the greens. 11 of 14 fairways hit and 9 or 18 greens hit. On 18 I saw my score and knew a par would be a career best 73 I pulled my drive a touch left but had about 155 to the green I landed just left of the green chipped on to about 10 feet but lipped the putt.

Solid!!!! - Congrats!
 Message #95671 - This was a reply to message #95591
mpisarski01

Favorite Golfer:
Favorite Golf Course:
    Griz. Ranch & Chambers

Tuesday July 14, 2020 8:39 PM
Ok 72 (ish) holes this weekend in Las Vegas in the 115° heat.

First round was at Wolf Creek and I had two birdies and 5 lost balls but scrambled for an 88 with too many putts on the front nine.

Second Round was at Bali Hai where the heat started to hit me hard without any water stations on the course nor cart girl. I shot a 45 on the front having sand and driver accuracy troubles. Backnine I only played a handful of holes due to heat exhaustion and trying to recover with the 6 water I bought.

Third Round Sat morning on the Sun course at Paiute. Things took a good turn. I only hit 8 fairways but hit 10 greens in regulation. On the front nine I was one under through 7 and then stumbled on 8 and 9 to shoot a 38 with only 11 putts. Back nine I had more GIR and Putts and it came down to hole 18. One of my playing partners said hey bogey or better for 79 I wasnt thinking about that until he said something. drive was long but in the right rough. I told myself play right of the green to stay safe and because of my hook lie. Well It hooked and hit the edge of the rough and splashed. Took my drop chipped and two putted for a double! still happy with an 80 but a stumble down the stretch again.

Fourth Round was on on the Wolf course and the wind and heat started to crank up again. Drives were long and sometimes too long so I only hit 6 fairways. On the front nine I had back to back sandy pars from fairway bunkers which made me happy. I went out with a 42 and came in with a 44 after doubling the island green 15th as well as hole 18.

Overall a fun weekend my drives were mostly dead straight and low trajectory allowing lots of roll but my aim was not always on point. Cant wait for Cross Creek and Then GK PLAYS VEGAS in the next two week. Getting very close to my person yearly high of rounds played and it will be fun to see how many I play.

PS- Right now I am at 34 rounds and have made 1 eagle and 32 birdies. Not bad for a torn AC join the first 4 months of the year. Ibuprofen for the WIN!
 Message #95705 - This was a reply to message #95671
noeldaof
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

RPGC MAIL USER ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Wednesday July 15, 2020 10:38 AM
Sounds like a lot of fun were had out there in Vegas!

=============================================================

For me, Saturday was a fun day at the range. My son started to pick up golf on his own and I couldn't be happier to spend the day with him- I'm a very happy dad!

So I went out on Sunday at 11:40 in a local muni- Balboa (San Fernando Valley). It was hot but bearable with plenty of water.
My buddy and I had a great match with only one press a side. We both shot 77 and the Nassau came out all even.
He wins the front 1 & 1 and I took the back 1 & 1.
The highlight for me was the back nine for one over, but then I know that is just an easy course for many.
JVGA
 Message #95710 - This was a reply to message #95705
rob1563

Southern Nevada Community Staff

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    Ryan Moore
Favorite Golf Course:
    Wolf Creek

Wednesday July 15, 2020 6:52 PM
Joined Matt for his Vegas golf weekend:

Wolf Creek: started on the back and could not find a fairway, did some decent scrambling in the middle, and finished with a 49. Made the turn and finally started finding fairways and was 3 over through the 1st 6 before finishing double, bogey, double for a 44, total 93, best round ever at Wolf Creek.

Bali Hai: Started really well with 5 of 6 GIR and 2 over through 6, then I absolutely fell apart finished the front with a 45. Could not hit the ball in the air on the back and the heat made me tapped after dumping 3 straight into the water on the 93 yard par 3 16th.

Sun Mountain: the driver issues flourished until the 5th but could not make up for a 7-7-7 start with a 50 on the front. Back was not good either, 49, for a 99.

Paiute Wolf: the quick turnaround helped and had 3 pars with only 1 GIR (which I 3-putted) for a 45 on the front. Again, the 116 degree heat got to me and I fell apart. Only nice thing was hitting the green on the island 15 (played for the tips for the CTP contest), I then banged the 75 foot putt off the flag stick for a tap in par. 50 on the back for a 95.

Fun and fantastic golf weekend, no birdie chains for me though (0-14 GIR)
 Message #95712 - This was a reply to message #95710

Listing 1 to 10 of 28 Replies

PAGES: 3 1 2 3

[ Community Page ]