Discussions in What d'you shoot (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
Moderated By CPennbo, JohnnyGK, kviser, Paisano, thingstodo

Forums
Greenskeeper.org
What d'you shoot (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
What d'you shoot September-2020 (GK Cyber Clubh...
YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: What d'you shoot September-2020 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 1 to 10 of 16 Replies

PAGES: 2 1 2
JohnnyGK
What d'you shoot September-2020 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)

JohnnyGK

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach Golf Links

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Tuesday September 1, 2020 7:25 AM
Didn't play as much golf last month as I hoped. I know I get stuck drilling the phones for aeration and overseeding alerts this time of year however going to make an effort to play more golf anyway. Very excited about our GK Plays outing at Desert Willow on Sunday September 13th and looking to line up a GK Guru visit the following day. Will be trying to do a GK Guru visit once a week. Looking forward to hearing about everyone's rounds!
GK FACEBOOK - Please check it out - CLICK HERE - I'm doing fun posts all the time.
 Message #96108
SBogey
RE: What d'you shoot September-2020 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)

SoCal Community Staff

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    Phil/Day/
Favorite Golf Course:
    Eagle Falls

Wednesday September 2, 2020 8:23 PM
Have only managed a few 9 hole rounds at Bear Mountain this year and had shot 44 each time in a variety of ways. Got out this afternoon for a twilight round. Started with a bogey as usual then followed with some nice shots to make par on 2. The 3rd hole is a tough one with a large ditch about 50 yards from the green and a steep hill from there to a very sloped green. I always feel bogey is a good score but I left myself 180 from the hole on my drive and put my second in the ditch. Ended up with a triple bogey and figured it was going to be another one of those rounds. On 4 a par 5 I hit a beautiful 3rd to about 4 feet and was sure I had a bird but missed and took a par. 5 is a par 3 and I put my tee shot in the green side bunker and had a severely plugged lie that was on the back side, so well below my feet and with large footprints on either side. Managed to get it out but not to the green. Putted from there and drained it to save par. 6 is an uphill par 4 that we all feel should be a par 5. My best drive of the day and a super second put me on and I made par there. Bogey on 7 and pars on 8 and 9 and my best score of the season with a 40! That darn 3rd hole really messed up a great round but I am major happy to have shot my best round of the season.
I feel like I have made the adjustments to my newfound height and am ready to end the season on a positive. Of course as we all know there is a tendency to follow our best round with our worst but for now I am very pleased that my game is coming back!
 Message #96123 - This was a reply to message #96108
Alex326
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach

Thursday September 3, 2020 5:37 AM
After a disappointing 82 on Tuesday at Dragonfly, I headed to Ridge Creek yesterday early morning. I say a disappointing 82 because my ball striking was fairly solid. 11 GIR but had 36 putts including three 3 putt bogeys.

Started out at Ridge Creek in a rush to get in out in front of a foursome who were on the tee. Kudo’s to the guy in the pro shop for letting me go in front of them. Started out just like Tuesday, with a three putt bogey. I almost gave myself the “automatic” two putt par as I didn’t bother marking, cleaning and lining up the ball. I just hit/putt and moved on to get out of the way and catch up to the other single a couple holes ahead.

Hole 2, I miss a 6’ par putt. My thought was here I go again (same as the previous day at Dragonfly). Then things turned around…. Went EVEN par for the next 15 holes!! 1 bogey and 1 birdie the rest all pars. The stretch included being -1 for a 13 hole stretch from 5-17.

Finished 18 with a double bogey (probably shouldn’t have tried to ram that 30’ par putt in, lol) for a career best 76 !!! With that, I’m retiring from golf and going back to cycling, because I may never see a round like that again!

Let’s just hope I saved a few of those good shots for the GK Team match!
 Message #96126 - This was a reply to message #96123
SBogey

SoCal Community Staff

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    Phil/Day/
Favorite Golf Course:
    Eagle Falls

Thursday September 3, 2020 7:23 AM
Congrats on your career round! I have only broken 80 twice both with 79. 76 seems unreachable at times but I have to believe I can pull that off one day! I might feel the same and just quit while I am on top!
 Message #96128 - This was a reply to message #96126
Itslikeimsayin
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC BIRDIE: GKGC Birdie Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    Phil Mickelson
Favorite Golf Course:
    DragonRidge CC

Thursday September 10, 2020 9:42 PM
Industry Hills Ike today... 9 over through the first four holes. Just a complete mess, and that was lucky it wasn't worse. Played the next 14 6 over and the last 12 just 4 over. Total 87, adjusted 85. Put two in the water on No. 2 and took a quad. Also 4 putted (or maybe technically, 3?, was on the green and hit my first putt off the green) the par-3 13th for a double. No birdies, although came very close on both 10 and 18, the two back side par 5s.

EDIT: Haha, just noticed this streakiness...

First 4 holes:
Bogey / Quad / Double / Double

Then Par / Double

Next 4 holes:
Par / Par / Par / Par

Next 3 holes:
Bogey / Bogey / Double

Last 5 holes:
Par / Par / Par / Par / Par

[[Edited by Itslikeimsayin on Thursday September 10, 2020 9:50 PM]]
 Message #96213 - This was a reply to message #96128
JohnnyGK

JohnnyGK

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach Golf Links

Friday September 11, 2020 6:27 AM
QUOTED  Finished 18 with a double bogey (probably shouldn’t have tried to ram that 30’ par putt in, lol) for a career best 76 !!! With that, I’m retiring from golf and going back to cycling, because I may never see a round like that again!

I'm starting to wonder if those 7 broken ribs you sustained getting hit head on by a car while cycling this Spring has actually made you a better golfer??? - If that's the case I'd like to take credit for your improved golf game being it was a GK Guru round you were going to attend the next day at Ridge Creek Dinuba! - the same course you were supposed to play! - Wow Alex, that's so impressive to shoot your best ever score let alone with what your body has had to deal with this year.
GK FACEBOOK - Please check it out - CLICK HERE - I'm doing fun posts all the time.
 Message #96214 - This was a reply to message #96126
roarksown1
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    Ty Webb
Favorite Golf Course:
    Bighorn Golf Club

Friday September 11, 2020 8:00 AM
QUOTED  Finished 18 with a double bogey (probably shouldn’t have tried to ram that 30’ par putt in, lol) for a career best 76 !!! With that, I’m retiring from golf and going back to cycling, because I may never see a round like that again!

That's AMAZING work my friend ... what a feeling! What's the cycling equivalent to shooting a 76?
 Message #96215 - This was a reply to message #96126
mpisarski01

Favorite Golfer:
    John Daly & Anyone I beat
Favorite Golf Course:
    Griz. Ranch & Chambers

Friday September 11, 2020 8:22 AM
QUOTED  With that, I’m retiring from golf and going back to cycling, because I may never see a round like that again!

Good retire so i dont have to fight the BCB with you.
 Message #96216 - This was a reply to message #96126
mpisarski01

Favorite Golfer:
    John Daly & Anyone I beat
Favorite Golf Course:
    Griz. Ranch & Chambers

Friday September 11, 2020 8:23 AM
QUOTED  what a feeling! What's the cycling equivalent to shooting a 76?

Going 50 mph.
 Message #96217 - This was a reply to message #96215
GDR23
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GK Cup: Past & Current Champions of The GK Cup GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    Woods--- Couples
Favorite Golf Course:
    Rustic Purisma Sandpiper

Friday September 11, 2020 11:46 AM
Alex!!!
Please check my websitegdrgolf instruction click here
 Message #96224 - This was a reply to message #96217

Listing 1 to 10 of 16 Replies

PAGES: 2 1 2

[ Community Page ]