Discussions in What d'you shoot (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
Moderated By CPennbo, JohnnyGK, kviser, Paisano, thingstodo

Forums
Greenskeeper.org
What d'you shoot (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
What d'you shoot September-2020 (GK Cyber Clubh...
YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: What d'you shoot September-2020 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 11 to 16 of 16 Replies

PAGES: 2 1 2
Alex326
RE: What d'you shoot September-2020 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Thursday September 17, 2020 12:09 PM
Thanks everyone. I gotta admit it was nice to actually play like a real golfer not just dress the part. My last 10 rounds have all been sub 90 so we'll see how long I can keep it up. Tomorrow will be a big test at Blackhorse.

The cycling equivalent would probably be the national mountain bike race I won in New York. 50 mph is like a birdie. Doesn't happen everyday but happens multiple times a year and occasionally a few times in one day.
 Message #96337 - This was a reply to message #96224
rob1563

Southern Nevada Community Staff

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    Ryan Moore
Favorite Golf Course:
    Wolf Creek

Friday September 18, 2020 8:25 PM
Played Arroyo today, the rough was absolutely nasty, I just chopped it out and hoped it ran down the fairway.

Front 9: no fairways, landed in 2 divots (including a huge one in the rough), 2 greens, too many 3 putts, 3 straight pars but went double/triple = 48
Back 9: 6 of 7 fairways (the 1 miss was through the fairway), 15 putts, 3 greens but 6 pars, other 3 holes were 2 dubs and a triple = 43

for a 91 with 9 pars. Happy and sad.
 Message #96348 - This was a reply to message #96337
SBogey

SoCal Community Staff

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    Phil/Day/
Favorite Golf Course:
    Eagle Falls

Monday September 21, 2020 4:37 PM
Got out for my post birthday round. Started early with the senior couples group that we play with once a month. They use an interesting method they call step aside best ball. You pick the best shot of the group then the person that hit the shot can't hit the next shot. Also as with most best ball competitions you must use 1 tee shot from each person. With a couple of 80+ year olds it can be tough to decide when to use those shots. And we often end up with having to use one persons tee shot on 9 no matter how bad. Once on the green everyone putts but it can make for some interesting strategies. As a team we were 2 over for 37!
After the morning round my friend Mike from Thousand Oaks came up and we played an afternoon round. Shot another 40! This time no triple bogey, in fact no doubles either. I did sink a 30 foot putt for birdie on 4 so I will accept a virtual Birdie Chain! Only 2 pars and 6 bogies but the bird gave me that repeat 40! My best ever on that course is a 37 so 40 feels good! Hit every fairway but only 1 GIR on the par 3's. My putting cost me at least 3 strokes but I was making good contact and finding the middle off the tee. As I mentioned to a friend recently. If I can stay playing this well for another 20 years I should be able to shoot my age! At 64 if I do it will have to be a short course like Ashwood or for 9 holes which would be awful!
 Message #96383 - This was a reply to message #96348
Alex326
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach

Thursday October 1, 2020 12:35 PM
September was all about consistency. Aside from the one magical round (76) all other rounds were in the 80's. Iron accuracy remained the strong point and on the days the driver and putter cooperated the score was in the low 80's. Hoping the trend continues in October.
 Message #96479 - This was a reply to message #96383
mpisarski01
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    John Daly & Anyone I beat
Favorite Golf Course:
    Griz. Ranch & Chambers

Thursday October 1, 2020 1:06 PM
72 at incline Village Mountain - Finished with three straight birdies

82 at Grizzly Ranch - two birds & two 3 putt bogeys
 Message #96480 - This was a reply to message #96479
Deepsea14
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain

Favorite Golfer:
    Dad and his Dad
Favorite Golf Course:
    The one I'm playing

Tuesday October 6, 2020 7:55 AM
Late to the party with my report.

Reuniting with the beloved Travelling Birdie Chain at Coyote Moon has to be mentioned here.

Played two new courses to me. (Plumas Pines & wicked cool Grizzly Ranch) that in itself makes it an eventful month.

Good weather, course conditions, pairings and experiences, offset any pandemic encumbrances.

It's just fun...
 Message #96517 - This was a reply to message #96480

Listing 11 to 16 of 16 Replies

PAGES: 2 1 2

[ Community Page ]