Discussions in What d'you shoot (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
Moderated By CPennbo, JohnnyGK, kviser, Paisano, thingstodo

Forums
Greenskeeper.org
What d'you shoot (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
What d'you shoot February-2021 (GK Cyber Clubho...
YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: What d'you shoot February-2021 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 1 to 4 of 4 Replies

PAGES: 1
JohnnyGK
What d'you shoot February-2021 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)

JohnnyGK

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach Golf Links

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Monday February 1, 2021 10:47 AM
Looking at second week of February for possible more golf in Vegas. Also looking at Palm Springs and possible San Diego.

Had a great time last month teeing it up with GKers. Working on lining up our GK Plays outing schedule for Spring/Summer. Also our GK Cup Team Play Final.

Looking forward to your posts!
GK FACEBOOK - Please check it out - CLICK HERE - I'm doing fun posts all the time.
 Message #97786
mpisarski01
RE: What d'you shoot February-2021 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    John Daly & Anyone I beat
Favorite Golf Course:
    Griz. Ranch & Chambers

Tuesday February 16, 2021 9:10 AM
92 at Desert willow with poor chipping the main cause.
81 at Rancho Del Sol- good drives and good putting.
85 at Barona Creek- this included 5! 3 putt bogeys!!!!!
 Message #97866 - This was a reply to message #97786
sbarajasjr
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    Lee Trevino
Favorite Golf Course:
    Spyglass & Pasatiempo

Tuesday February 16, 2021 9:52 AM
Played Trilogy at Vistancia yesterday and happened to shoot my personal best; 80 (net 79 on GHIN) and best to par: 8 over. Started with a birdie which never happens and played pretty consistent until the 18th. I stupidly had my app telling me what my score was after every entry so I knew I was at 72 entering the par 5 18th. Our playing partner, a Canadian snowbird who is a member at Vistancia, told me where to hit the ball assuming I knew how since I had been doing it nearly all day. I hit a decent drive but couldn't clear the fairway bunker. I took my medicine and laid up with a gap wedge to about 165 yards perfectly capable of continuing this trend. Instead, I tried to go for the pin assuming I had the right club in my hands (9 iron) and came up just a tad short into the deep greenside bunker. Nerves got the best of me and it took me two shots to get out, only barely clearing on the second one. A chunk chip only dribbled on the green and I of course missed the first putt and tapped in for a frosty snowman on the scorecard. Thankfully it still beat my previous 81 at three different courses and still beat my +9 personal best too from Balboa, so as a few friends of mine have said it was probably even more impressive a score knowing how bad it all ended. Still had a great time, course was in great over seeded shape, weather was perfect, company was wonderful too (even if mpisarski couldn't be there as originally planned/desired). On to the quest to break 80 cleanly!

[[Edited by sbarajasjr on Tuesday February 16, 2021 4:39 PM]]
 Message #97868 - This was a reply to message #97786
JohnnyGK

JohnnyGK

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach Golf Links

Wednesday February 17, 2021 4:30 PM
Had a super time yesterday with GKers on a very windy day in Palm Springs.

Played two tracks for the first time and thoroughly enjoyed both.

Opened up in the morning at Desert Dunes Golf Club. Brutal wind direction made the majority of the golf either a strong crosswind or in your face. Only a few downwind. I loved the creative tricky layout but my game was not good and I got abused. Shot a 99 adjusted to 96. Thankfully I found more balls than I lost. I put some good swings on the ball toward the end of the round...

My good swings carried over to my next round at Mission Hills North Gary Player Course. Wind still blowing but not as strong and an easier layout resulting in a 83. 16 strokes difference on the same day. Got to love golf.

[[Edited by JohnnyGK on Wednesday February 17, 2021 4:47 PM]]
GK FACEBOOK - Please check it out - CLICK HERE - I'm doing fun posts all the time.
 Message #97882 - This was a reply to message #97786

Listing 1 to 4 of 4 Replies

PAGES: 1

[ Community Page ]