Discussions in What d'you shoot (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
Moderated By CPennbo, JohnnyGK, kviser, Paisano, thingstodo

Forums
Greenskeeper.org
What d'you shoot (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
What d'you shoot March-2021 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: What d'you shoot March-2021 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 1 to 10 of 11 Replies

PAGES: 2 1 2
JohnnyGK
What d'you shoot March-2021 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)

JohnnyGK

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach Golf Links

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Monday March 1, 2021 6:59 AM
Jamming on the phones this month doing aeration alerts. Will start getting out for some golf starting March 14th for the GK Cup Team Final and GK Gurus afterward. Might get lucky for a round in San Diego prior to March 14th.

Enjoy reading your posts here. Thanks!
GK FACEBOOK - Please check it out - CLICK HERE - I'm doing fun posts all the time.
 Message #98003
GDR23
RE: What d'you shoot March-2021 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GK Cup: Past & Current Champions of The GK Cup GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    Woods--- Couples
Favorite Golf Course:
    Rustic Purisma Sandpiper

Monday March 8, 2021 4:39 PM
Been playing in some pretty crazy wind last several rounds so it was nice to just have a 1 club wind today up at Soule Park in Ojai. Played with my buddy Ron(RGM2525) playing the back Oak Tees. Had a Mickelson round with 4 birdies on 7,9,11 and 16, made eagle on 18 but also had 2 doubles on 5 and 10 and two bogeys on 3 and 14 finishing with a 72. Highlights were driving the par 4 9th hole and chipping in for eagle on the par 5 18th hole. Lowlights were going OB on 5 off the tee leading to a double and making a terrible double on the downhill par 3 10th hole. We were lucky to get in the round today on a packed tee sheet including the Senior Men's club and a skins game....happy golfing everyone.
Please check my websitegdrgolf instruction click here
 Message #98102 - This was a reply to message #98003
Alex326
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach

Monday March 8, 2021 8:26 PM
QUOTED  4 birdies on 7,9,11 and 16, made eagle on 18

Impressive stuff for sure Gary. That's a years worth of stats for some of us.
 Message #98104 - This was a reply to message #98102
roarksown1
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    Ty Webb
Favorite Golf Course:
    Bighorn Golf Club

Tuesday March 9, 2021 4:21 PM
I have no idea what's going on, but it's not gone well. Four straight rounds of 100+ for the first time in what? Six or seven years? I've played some relatively difficult courses in that time (Knollwood (104), Morongo at Tukwet Canyon (112), Oak Valley (111) and Indian Hills), but that's no different than years past where I could at least sneak in a decent round between poor ones. I even spent some range time last week to try and fix some things, hit it very well there, thought I'd 'figured it out,' only to shoot 107 at Indian Hills last Saturday. Hoping a confidence round at Encino later this week will work wonders, but if I shoot over 100 on that course, I may just need to take up a new sport.
 Message #98119 - This was a reply to message #98104
Rat-Patrol
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain

Favorite Golfer:
    My Grandpa was
Favorite Golf Course:
    Balboa Park GC

Wednesday March 10, 2021 1:12 AM
Torrey South white tees 95, the battle continues!
 Message #98125 - This was a reply to message #98003
mpisarski01
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    John Daly & Anyone I beat
Favorite Golf Course:
    Griz. Ranch & Chambers

Wednesday March 10, 2021 10:14 AM
Went out for a little practice yesterday at Lake Forest 9 Hole. It was either fantastic or Atrocious depending on the hole. I made 3 birdies and 4 doubles on the first go around and then no birdies and no doubles on the second go around. Major issue was too much spin on shot leaving me off the green. Anyways I liked more shots than I hated so I got that going for me on the way to the GK Cup Final Sunday.
 Message #98134 - This was a reply to message #98104
sparky14
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC BIRDIE: GKGC Birdie Supporter SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    Ben Crenshaw
Favorite Golf Course:
    All except Shorecliffs

Wednesday March 10, 2021 12:32 PM
Played CrossCreek yesterday. "Funny" story from #18. If you've been there, you know how important it is to get your drive as far down the fairway as possible, especially with yesterday's back right pin.

I hit my best drive of the day, left center with a slight fade, should be perfect. It is coming down, and on the fly drills one of the stakes blocking carts from going over the crest of the fairway. Not only does my ball not go over the crest into the collection area leaving a 100 yard shot looking straight down the green....but it ricochets back 30-40 yards and right, leaving me 190 yards having to play a giant fade around the big trees. Fail...triple bogey.

Golf.
 Message #98139 - This was a reply to message #98134
mpisarski01

Favorite Golfer:
    John Daly & Anyone I beat
Favorite Golf Course:
    Griz. Ranch & Chambers

Monday March 22, 2021 9:25 AM
87 at Mission Hills on Sat. Started with light winds becoming intense by the end of the round. Two bad triples killed my score. I also missed 5 good chances at birdies with 3 of them being the 3 putt variety. My score looks worse than how I felt I played but this is now the third consecutive round with out a BIRDIE!

All three courses had firm and fast greens so had to be very accurate to get birds. Maybe Ill go play a muni so I can get some birds on the card.
 Message #98277 - This was a reply to message #98003
Itslikeimsayin
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC BIRDIE: GKGC Birdie Supporter SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    Phil Mickelson
Favorite Golf Course:
    DragonRidge CC

Monday March 29, 2021 11:45 AM
There aren't birdies at munis, either, Matt! I checked yesterday and it seemed Coronado was all out of them. ;-)

My noteworthy adventure happened on the first hole yesterday. Poor drive hit a tree and bounced back into fairway, which was fortunate. Put my approach in the left greenside bunker and took FIVE SHOTS to get out. Lately I've been alternating between my SW and 60-degree for bunker shots. Because I short-sided myself and needed to get it up and land softly, I chose the 60-degree but every shot came up short. Even the fifth try barely escaped the bunker. I think I'll go back to SW only for bunker shots for a while.

What a nightmare start to a round. I one-putted for a 9 and shot 90.
 Message #98361 - This was a reply to message #98277
benben

Favorite Golfer:
    Phil Mickelson
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

Wednesday April 21, 2021 2:37 PM
Story? I got a story......
Playing 18 at Pebble Beach. Have 3 finger 8 iron in for third shot to pin on 8 paces and 5 from the left.
Worst fanned 8 iron you'll ever see. Hits seawall and bounces on to back fringe.
Do it 2 putt and take advantage of the great luck...........?
NO! 3 jack for 6!!
I kept the ball and it has 3 small reddish marks on it from where it hit the wall. Good memory though.
 Message #98639 - This was a reply to message #98003

Listing 1 to 10 of 11 Replies

PAGES: 2 1 2

[ Community Page ]