Discussions in What d'you shoot (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
Moderated By CPennbo, JohnnyGK, kviser, Paisano, thingstodo

Forums
Greenskeeper.org
What d'you shoot (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
What d'you shoot April-2021 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: What d'you shoot April-2021 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 11 to 13 of 13 Replies

PAGES: 2 1 2
roarksown1
RE: What d'you shoot April-2021 (GK Cyber Clubhouse)
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    Ty Webb
Favorite Golf Course:
    Bighorn Golf Club

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Wednesday April 7, 2021 12:53 PM
Which course JudgeSmails?
 Message #98460 - This was a reply to message #98450
SBogey

SoCal Community Staff

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    Phil/Day/
Favorite Golf Course:
    Eagle Falls

Monday April 12, 2021 7:41 AM
Cpennbo and I headed down for a layed back round at Ashwood on Sunday. We thought most golfers would be home watching the Masters in the afternoon and scored a $19 round at 1. We did manage to get out with just the 2 of us but it was a bit slow on the first 9 then got to Birch with 3 groups waiting. Called the pro shop to see it Sycamore was less crowded and was told all the courses were full and backed up. I still play the blues at this course to provided at least a little bit of a challenge. Just wanted to keep working on getting my swing back. We played Mesquite and Birch, both par 32. Accomplished 1 goal of no doubles but a triple marred an otherwise good round. On Mesquite I had 4 pars with a stretch of 3 in a row on 2,3,and 4. The triple on #5 was the big kick in the gut. Birch can be feast or famine for me but though I started by missing the green well left then across into the bunker on the other side I managed to save bogey. Made par on the 4th which is another hole that has killed me over the years. Had 5 pars total on Birch. Adjusted to 38-36 for a 74. I did break 70 here once but I was very pleased with that score and I am gaining confidence with each round. Just hope I can keep it up! After the horrible day with the bunkers at Morongo I had a solid day with actual sand to play out of.
Greens showed signs of being aerated but were mostly healed but slower than I like. Course was not looking as nice as I expected with a lot of brown both on fairways and greens but the sand was nice. Unfortunately with no rakes I did get a couple bad lies including sitting on a mound on the 5th which left me in the bunker on my first try but got out on the second attempt. The fairway bunkers are heavily laden with pebbles so that is a mark against.
 Message #98521 - This was a reply to message #98460
raidernationkennels

GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    Tiger, DJ, Rory, Rickie
Favorite Golf Course:
    PGA West/SilverRock

Monday April 12, 2021 9:06 AM
So far so good, finally broke down and upgraded my irons to the the new APEX, also for the first time i was fitted for them. I wish I would of done it sooner. Breaking 90 every time out since using them. Every chance i get im on the grounds of Fair Oaks Ranch & Country Club in Texas.
Pedro Heredia
RNK Design
http://www.facebook.com/rnkdesign
 Message #98522 - This was a reply to message #98409

Listing 11 to 13 of 13 Replies

PAGES: 2 1 2

[ Community Page ]