GK Cup 16 Team Match Results and Standings
YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: GK Cup 16 Team Match Results and Standings

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 1 to 5 of 5 Replies

PAGES: 1
Nickesquire
GK Cup 16 Team Match Results and Standings
GK Event: Played in a GK Event SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    Jack-Freddie-Tiger-Rory
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Poppy Maderas

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Monday October 5, 2020 11:58 AM
Please post all GK Cup 16 team match results here using the following template:

Front side team point winner:

Back side team point winner:

Overall 18 hole team point winner:

If you want to provide hole by hole, blow by blow results great, but we need at least the basic minimum listed above to keep track of the standings and tie breakers.

Rank - Pts - M - OMW - Teams
1 ----- 2.5 -- 3 ---- 1 ---- AndrewZ28/gary00
T2 ---- 1.5 -- 3 ---- 0 ---- PokerGuy0826/sandrail05
T2 ---- 1.5 -- 3 ---- 0 ---- m.pugh/Sr714
T2 ---- 1.5 -- 3 ---- 0 ---- roarksown1/mcantos
T2 ---- 1.5 -- 3 ---- 0 ---- kassper7/FirstFlightFX-101
6 ----- 0.5 -- 3 ---- 0 ---- mpisarski01/OCgolfer19
T7 ---- 0.0 -- 4 ---- 0 ---- JohnnyGK/rgm2525
T7 ---- 0.0 -- 4 ---- 0 ---- Deepsea14/Alex326
T7 ---- 0.0 -- 4 ---- 0 ---- Dconnally/Nickesquire
T7 ---- 0.0 -- 4 ---- 0 ---- tocho261/sbogey

KEY:
Pts. = Total match points earned out of 3 points available per match.
M = Potential matches remaining.
OMW = Overall Matches Won, need 2 or more points in a match to earn a tie breaking point here.

Four highest team point totals after pool play advance to the semi finals for a knock out round to determine the finalists. 1 v. 4 and 2 v. 3 seeds play in the semi finals.

Tie breaker to advance (or for 1-4 seeds) if one or more teams are tied after pool play:

1-Head to head total points won if tied teams played each other. If inapplicable or still tied,
2-Team that wins the most overall matches, if still tied,
3-Team that posts their final point first, if still tied,
4-18 hole match to determine who advances.

[[Edited by Nickesquire on Tuesday October 20, 2020 6:44 AM]]
The goal has always been long and straight! But since I can no longer hit them long, hopefully straighter could be achieved more than occasionally?
 Message #96508
PokerGuy0826
RE: GK Cup 16 Team match results
GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    Freddy Couples
Favorite Golf Course:
    TPC Sawgrass

Sunday October 11, 2020 9:46 AM
PokerGuy0826 & Sandrail05 played Mike.Pugh & SR714 on Saturday 10/10/2020 @ Glen Annie Golf Course.

Front 9 goes to Mike.Pugh & SR714

Back 9 goes to PokerGuy0826 & Sandrail05

Overall was All square

1 1/2 points a piece.

Had a great time, an interesting match, and a great day on a great course.
 Message #96601 - This was a reply to message #96508
roarksown1
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    Ty Webb
Favorite Golf Course:
    Bighorn Golf Club

Sunday October 18, 2020 9:53 PM
The match between kassper7/FirstFlightFX-101 and roarksown1/mcantos at Mountain Meadows went down like this:

Front 9 kassper/firstflight 2up
Back 9 roarksown1/mcantos 2up
Overall All Square

1.5 points per team. Details tomorrow.
 Message #96664 - This was a reply to message #96601
mpisarski01
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    John Daly & Anyone I beat
Favorite Golf Course:
    Griz. Ranch & Chambers

Monday October 19, 2020 5:59 AM
Match Between OCgolfer/Mpisarski vs Andrewz28/Gary00 went down yesterday at Woods Valley.

Front nine all square
Back nine Andrew and Gary 2up

2.5 points for the defending champs
.5 points for Ocgolfer and I.

Shot of the day goes to Andrew on hole 12 where he risked damage to his wedge and flopped a ball from 4inches behind a rock to land on the green. That was the major turning point in the round.
 Message #96665 - This was a reply to message #96664
roarksown1
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    Ty Webb
Favorite Golf Course:
    Bighorn Golf Club

Monday October 19, 2020 1:45 PM
Short recap from Mountain Meadows yesterday where Perry, Chuck, Marvin and myself split the 3 available points after a tightly contested front nine and a furious finish from Perry on the back nine to secure the split.

We played the blue tees with everyone playing off of Marvin's low handicap. Perry received 6 shots, I received 8, and Chuck got 17. Marvin opened the scoring with a par on the first hole and that +1 advantage was maintained until things went AS at the par 4 5th where Perry and Chuck's 5 for 4s bested Marvin's bogey. Lead was back at +1 on the next hole after I found the GIR on the par 3 6th and two-putted for par to win it. But then Perry and Chuck took the next three holes in fine fashion to win the front 2up.

On the 10th hole, my three-putt bogey with a stroke was enough to put us +1 on the back and just -1 overall, and Marvin and I maintained that until the 12th hole where Chuck made light work of one of the hardest holes with a great par. But Marvin and I rattled off four straight hole wins to get the lead up to +4 on the back with just two to play, and a dormie +2 on the overall, the highlight being Marvin's super birdie on the par 5 15th. But the only player to finish the last two holes strong was Perry, who made a very solid par on the par 3 17th and bogeyed the 18th which was one better than my double after having to take a penalty for not finding my approach shot from 200 yards out.

It finished then 2up for Perry and Chuck on the front, 2up for Marvin and me on the back, and AS overall. The course really agreed with Chuck and he played a solid round at a tough course in relation to his handicap, while it's safe to say that neither myself, Perry or Marvin played our best, but did just enough when it counted to keep things interesting.

On to the next match!
 Message #96669 - This was a reply to message #96665

Listing 1 to 5 of 5 Replies

PAGES: 1

[ Community Page ]