RE: Launch Monitors
GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    Tiger Woods
Favorite Golf Course:
    Rustic Canyon

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Thursday November 21, 2019 4:10 PM
Having not played for 5+ years due to an injury I have just started playing agin in the last few months. I have been looking into this recently and man this is a hard decision. I really like the features of the Skytrack but at $2000 and then another $100 a year that gets a little hard to swallow. Then you have the $300-$500 ones and they just don't seem to have the features I am looking for or they are not as accurate, and they only really work when you are at a range or on the course. My thing is I just want something to really use at home most of the time hitting into a net. I love the idea to be able to set a net up in my backyard and go hit balls whenever I wan't versus loading up the car and driving to the range. I get what 1Plus1 is saying that you should really see what the ball is actually doing. I am just not a go to the range guy. I don't feel I really know how far I am hitting the ball most of the time especially the longer shots. I also find it really boring. I have tried the play a course in your mind and use targets out there to practice but I need something new and instant.

So after all that as anyone tried the Skytrack or any of the other launch monitors?
 Message #92757 - This was a reply to message #91328
shadymg
RE: Launch Monitors

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    Rec Park 18

RPGC MAIL USER EMAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Friday November 22, 2019 8:46 PM
I've been using the SwingCaddie SC200 launch monitor for a while now and it's pretty great. Only thing you really have to be aware of is that it shows you CARRY distance only, and does not show Roll distance. Very important when you are using launch monitors for yardages that you then want to apply to real world life. Then it shows me ball speed, swing speed, and smash factor. I watched/read plenty of reviews about it, and several people compared the SC200 to the GCquad and Skytrak, and it was VERY accurate, especially for the much lower cost.

It doesn't handle shorter distance shots great though, but given you're typically target practice with those, it's not the end of the world for me. If you look enough you can get used ones for around $200
 Message #92775 - This was a reply to message #92757

Listing 11 to 12 of 12 Replies

PAGES: 2 1 2

[ Community Page ]