Discussions in --- Use This to POST ---
Moderated By JohnnyGK

Forums
Greenskeeper.org
--- Use This to POST ---
If you could only have one or the other...
YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: If you could only have one or the other...

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 11 to 20 of 23 Replies

PAGES: 3 1 2 3
NutNButCup
RE: If you could only have one or the other...
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC BIRDIE: GKGC Birdie Supporter SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    Oak Valley

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Friday November 19, 2021 3:18 PM
For me shooting par or better for 18 holes would outweigh the Ace. If I am simply shooting a career round above par I want the Ace.
 Message #100903 - This was a reply to message #100889
JohnnyGK

JohnnyGK

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach Golf Links

Friday November 19, 2021 3:55 PM
The ACE.

In fact I'd take my first ace over a double eagle. I'm pretty much ace obsessed every time I step up to par 3.
GK FACEBOOK - Please check it out - CLICK HERE - I'm doing fun posts all the time.
 Message #100904 - This was a reply to message #100871
hermgolfs

GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers

Favorite Golfer:
    Jack, Jordan Spieth
Favorite Golf Course:
    El Prado, either course

Friday November 19, 2021 9:56 PM
I have a pair of aces, and twice I have shot 1 over par. For me, I want to shoot even par, or better. I want the career round, and I have been close to achieving that goal.
 Message #100909 - This was a reply to message #100904
1PLUS1

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers

Favorite Golfer:
    Seve; Nick Faldo
Favorite Golf Course:
    Belgrade Lakes (Maine)

Friday November 19, 2021 11:35 PM
Without hesitation, career round for me. While I do happen to have an ace on my resumé, it’s my 65s and 66s that provide more satisfaction when I think about them. Yes, everyone wants to be able to say they’ve made a hole-in-one, but let’s face it...as mslaw stated...there’s a lot of luck involved and it’s not always the result of a technically perfect swing or well-struck shot.

Luckily, mine came from a good distance...189 yards...and I had the pin covered from the moment the ball left the tee. Still, the 65 at Rams Hill and the 30s I carded on Temecula Creek’s Stonehouse Nine and Maderas’ front nine will always mean more to me.
 Message #100910 - This was a reply to message #100871
chevelle

Favorite Golfer:
    Fred Couples
Favorite Golf Course:
    Goose Creek

Saturday November 20, 2021 6:47 AM
It is funny that same question can go for bowling also. A 300 game or a career high 3 game series. I have 3 300 games a 2 800 series with a high of 835,(257. 289. 289) and that is what I am most proud of although I do like the 300 games, I want both LOL
In golf I I shot my low round about 3 years ago at Goose 78, never thought I would break 80. Never thought I would have an eagle but now have 2, a gir 1 putt and a hole out from the fairway. Have not had an ace and I would choose that. I will never shoot even par and while it would be nice to break that 78, if I got an ace I would be a member of the "hole in one club and bowling a 300 game"
 Message #100912 - This was a reply to message #100910
Deepsea14
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    Dad and his Dad
Favorite Golf Course:
    The one I'm playing

Saturday November 20, 2021 7:22 AM
QUOTED  I would be a member of the "hole in one club and bowling a 300 game"

How about the 11 second 1/4 mile? With a classic muscle car or the modern day technological traction control wizardry of today?
I got $4.27 change at CVS I asked the kid; "Do you know what a 427 engine is?" He didn't. No substitute for HP or swing speed!

QUOTED  I'm pretty much ace obsessed every time I step up to par 3.

Don't exaggerate JGK! When you do succeed it will be the perfect shot.
You'll have video to prove it! LOL It's just FUN!

Recalling 1997.
Won the team and individual season titles golf league. Then the team scramble play day event. My golf "Triple Crown"
Add a team Softball league title.
Oh yeah I got engaged on Masters Saturday that year as well. Pretty good year.
 Message #100914 - This was a reply to message #100912
chevelle

Favorite Golfer:
    Fred Couples
Favorite Golf Course:
    Goose Creek

Saturday November 20, 2021 8:29 AM
Well I am there in the 11 second club with my stock 2009 Shelby GT500KR, stock out of the factory is 11.92 on street tires and 11.58 on drag slicks. I haven't taken it on the strip though.
The classic "stock" muscle cars are slow compared to modern day, the 1970 chevelle 454 LS6 turned 13.12 in the quarter and was only beaten by the 1970 Cuda at 13.10, my 1970 chevelle is not the LS6 model. But I get more looks when I drive the chevelle compared to the shelby. ??
 Message #100917 - This was a reply to message #100914
Hogan
GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers

Favorite Golfer:
    Ben Hogan
Favorite Golf Course:
    Golf Club of Ca..LaPurisi

Saturday November 20, 2021 9:42 AM
Chevelle, very nice, brings back memories of my Charger R T, so many years ago, stay healthy, drive safely, CGG...
 Message #100918 - This was a reply to message #100917
FirstFlightFX-101
GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter GK Event: Played in a GK Event SCGA GK Golf Club: Member Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated! GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers

Favorite Golfer:
    Dave Stockton
Favorite Golf Course:
    Oak Q & V, Rancho DelSol

Saturday November 20, 2021 10:16 AM
Its going to take forever before I break 80(my realistic goal) and have a Hcap at or below 18; so I want my career round. I will certainly celebrate like a fool when an ace happens.

QUOTED  I got $4.27 change at CVS I asked the kid; "Do you know what a 427 engine is?" He didn't. No substitute for HP or swing speed!

Is that 427 a side oiler or does it have splayed valves? ;-)

QUOTED  my 1970 chevelle is not the LS6 model. But I get more looks when I drive the chevelle compared to the shelby.

I picked a fight with a loping Copper '70 Chevelle SS on E street back in the early 90's. My '68 Firebird and I, got waxed. No replacement for displacement.
 Message #100921 - This was a reply to message #100917
Rat-Patrol
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    My Grandpa was
Favorite Golf Course:
    Balboa Park GC

Saturday November 20, 2021 11:55 AM
I’m jealous chevelle, I have been one pin short a few times! As my shoulder is whack and I haven’t bowled in years I doubt I will ever threaten 300 again.

On the hole in one vs low round it’s a good shot with a lucky bounce (or a skull through the bushes like I did at Pechanga lol!) vs 18 well played holes. I yearn for the consistency.

[[Edited by Rat-Patrol on Saturday November 20, 2021 2:26 PM]]
 Message #100922 - This was a reply to message #100912

Listing 11 to 20 of 23 Replies

PAGES: 3 1 2 3

[ Community Page ]