Lesson: Trust GreensKeeper.org!
YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: Lesson: Trust GreensKeeper.org!

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 1 to 4 of 4 Replies

PAGES: 1
Itslikeimsayin
Lesson: Trust GreensKeeper.org!
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC BIRDIE: GKGC Birdie Supporter SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated! GK Cup: Past & Current Champions of The GK Cup

Favorite Golfer:
    Jon Rahm
Favorite Golf Course:
    DragonRidge CC

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Sunday June 12, 2022 10:59 AM
Not sure where Alex326 ever heard THIS about the Babe at Industry Hills:

"Condition wise, the course was in ok shape but not quite the high end pristine conditions I’ve heard about."

But I think the lesson is pretty clear... If the highest rating on GK in the last year is a 7.2, don't expect "high-end pristine conditions."

[[Edited by Itslikeimsayin on Sunday June 12, 2022 11:03 AM]]
 Message #102292
Rat-Patrol
RE: Lesson: Trust GreensKeeper.org!
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    My Grandpa was
Favorite Golf Course:
    Balboa Park GC

Sunday June 12, 2022 2:17 PM
I was going to start a thread to comment on certain reviews, starting with the weighty tome on Coronado, but never mind.
 Message #102293 - This was a reply to message #102292
Deepsea14
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    Dad and his Dad
Favorite Golf Course:
    The one I'm playing

Sunday June 12, 2022 3:07 PM
QUOTED  If the highest rating on GK in the last year is a 7.2, don't expect "high-end pristine conditions."

Giving this some thought the rating is important as is the $$$ (green fees) and their correlation.

A $$ course at 7.2 would be a little different than a $$$ or $$$$ at the same 7.2 rating.

Of course for Gk'ers the reviews should be THE primary reference. Especially if the reviewing guru plays the venue often over the years.

Expectations should be based on reviews, ratings and rates.
With equal 7.2s I'd expect the $$$ to be better overall condition than a $$ value.

If 7.2 is the highest rating for the year then I'm not expecting 7.2 conditions as the normal for sure. I'd just be trying to break 100
 Message #102294 - This was a reply to message #102292
Alex326
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter GK Guru: GK Gurus Review Writers GK Cup Player: If you played in a GK Cup win or lose - you are acknowledged and appreciated!

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach

Sunday June 12, 2022 7:35 PM
Had breakfast with a friend who payed it 10+ years ago and also in talking with a very trusted source who has played the course multiple times over the last 20 years. Course was in the exact condition as I expected for current events based on recent GK reviews. Guess I should have clarified about the PAST conditions. I did not mean to elude to any expectations or disappointment in the conditions. In fact I even wrote that The price was on par with the conditions.

I had a work related event about a block away around 5 years ago but unfortunately never go to play, so I've been trying to get back to the area and experience the layout. Glad I did. It was fun.

So. No lesson learned.
 Message #102295 - This was a reply to message #102294

Listing 1 to 4 of 4 Replies

PAGES: 1

[ Community Page ]