All Irons - Elbow Pain
YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: All Irons - Elbow Pain

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 21 to 30 of 31 Replies

PAGES: 4 1 2 3 4
roarksown1
RE: All Irons - Elbow Pain
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    Ty Webb
Favorite Golf Course:
    Bighorn Golf Club

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Tuesday September 29, 2020 8:40 AM
I'm starting to think maybe now it's a good thing I only started playing in 2013! Hope it feels better soon and sounds like you've gotten some good advice, but did I read CBD oil anywhere? I keep hearing about how great it is for everything from us 'older' folks ... ever tried that?
» THIS TOPIC IS LOCKED «
 Message #96452 - This was a reply to message #96451
mpisarski01
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    John Daly & Anyone I beat
Favorite Golf Course:
    Griz. Ranch & Chambers

Tuesday September 29, 2020 10:11 AM
I have used CBD oil a lot since injuring my shoulder last year and I am a big believer. I use the roll on stick 500mg
» THIS TOPIC IS LOCKED «
 Message #96457 - This was a reply to message #96452
mdames
GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    Phil
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach Golf Links

Tuesday September 29, 2020 12:04 PM
I had lateral epicondylitis (tennis elbow) about 10 or so years ago. I used many different kinds of braces, creams, and cortizone injections. Nothing helped in the long run. Eventually, it required surgery. The tendon was torn. I have been pain free ever since. The prognosis for and treatment of such an injury is influenced by how the injury occurred. Mine was due to repetitive overuse. It sounds like yours was induced by a trauma? If so, you are more likely to achieve relief without surgery. However, and most people don't like to hear this, you MUST rest the injured area. Depending on your age, this might mean several weeks or several months. Your body will heal on its' own time frame. You can't rush healing. If you choose to continue playing, you will likely injure the area more severely and require surgery to resolve. I suggest you get ONE cortizone injection and then let your elbow rest for a month. The cortizone may/will stop the inflammatory response to give you some relief. But you must resist the temptation to go back at it too soon, since you'll feel better. Think long term! If you give it some time, it'll be more likely that you can play far into the future without a problem. However, there is a reason you got this in the first place. If it was caused by a trauma, then avoid that and you'll be good. If it is overuse, then you may need to adjust how much you play. I hope you get better. God Bless you.

[[Edited by mdames on Tuesday September 29, 2020 12:06 PM]]

[[Edited by mdames on Tuesday September 29, 2020 12:08 PM]]
» THIS TOPIC IS LOCKED «
 Message #96458 - This was a reply to message #96449
Lary1

Favorite Golfer:
    Me
Favorite Golf Course:
    Any in LaQuinta

Tuesday September 29, 2020 12:56 PM
Not being snotty, but I would head to my doctor.
» THIS TOPIC IS LOCKED «
 Message #96459 - This was a reply to message #96449
FirstFlightFX-101
GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter GK Event: Played in a GK Event SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    Dave Stockton
Favorite Golf Course:
    Oak Q & V, Rancho DelSol

Tuesday September 29, 2020 1:32 PM
Kudos to the good advice from both mdames and lary1!

If you go on a small sabbatical from golf to heal; and you later want to ease back into it...a little game I call 'hot shot' is for you. It can allow you to exercise only the shortest and most delicate parts of your short game(includes putting), and compete with others too.

[[Edited by FirstFlightFX-101 on Tuesday September 29, 2020 1:34 PM]]
» THIS TOPIC IS LOCKED «
 Message #96460 - This was a reply to message #96459
Itslikeimsayin
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC BIRDIE: GKGC Birdie Supporter SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    Phil Mickelson
Favorite Golf Course:
    DragonRidge CC

Tuesday September 29, 2020 2:50 PM
Thanks everyone. I'm not sure how I did it. Don't think it was any one particular moment or swing. Just sort of noticed it hurting around the 11th hole at Candlewood that day. Bought a freeze-able gel bead sports wrap today, and I also have the tennis elbow brace I got last week. Gonna use those and monitor for a bit. Thanks again.
» THIS TOPIC IS LOCKED «
 Message #96464 - This was a reply to message #96460
1PLUS1

Favorite Golfer:
    Seve; Nick Faldo
Favorite Golf Course:
    Belgrade Lakes (Maine)

Tuesday September 29, 2020 4:45 PM
Mark,

In addition to the info I had posted earlier in this thread, I would also recommend adopting a battery of exercises to help speed up the healing process. In my case, I found that exercising my hand, wrist, and forearm definitely kick-started/accelerated the recovery time.

Although you'll most likely experience some discomfort...at least initially...the exercises will increase blood flow into the affected area, serve to break up any scar tissue, and build some strength. Stretching the hand and wrist, squeezing a rubber ball, performing wrist/forearm curls and rotational forearm exercises with light weights, and using a flexible hand-exerciser bar should get you on the right track.

It goes without saying, but don't overdo it; if your discomfort level says to back off, then follow your body's cue. Starting out slowly and gradually increasing your repetitions is the best guidance I can offer. Relief is attainable but be prepared for it to take some time; this is a condition that does not go away in a couple of days and one that can recur without warning.

Should you need any additional info, research 'Lateral and Medial Epichondylitis'.

Good luck...

[[Edited by 1PLUS1 on Tuesday September 29, 2020 6:52 PM]]
» THIS TOPIC IS LOCKED «
 Message #96468 - This was a reply to message #96464
chevelle

Favorite Golfer:
    Fred Couples
Favorite Golf Course:
    Goose Creek

Wednesday September 30, 2020 4:57 AM
As mentioned about, I had this in the early 90s, and after wearing that 1" thick adjustable brace and tightening it up about 1" below the elbow, this went away and has never come back. I am not a fan of going under the knife, so IMHO please try this and wear it all the time, even when you pick up a coffee cup, it will take a little time but it works. Only take it off to shower. Take 2 weeks off golf and then you should be able to get back to it. When I had it i never stopped bowling it worked that well, and never went under the knife. Your body just needs a little rest and it will heal itself with a little support.
» THIS TOPIC IS LOCKED «
 Message #96474 - This was a reply to message #96468
str8up

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

RPGC MAIL USER ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Wednesday September 30, 2020 11:24 AM
I'm having elbow pain on the lateral side also and am going the route of Prolo and PRP treatments. Last year, I had a knee injury that MRIs read as an ACL tear and a couple of arthroscopic docs recommended ACL reconstructive surgery. I didn't really believe them because I did not have the classic ACL tear symptoms. I went with weekly Prolo shots, monthly PRP and physical therapy and happy to say that my knee is back to 100% and has never felt better.
» THIS TOPIC IS LOCKED «
 Message #96476 - This was a reply to message #96474
Sondrey

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

RPGC MAIL USER ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Monday January 18, 2021 5:07 AM
Me and a buddy of mine also have elbow pain, though in my case I can also sometimes feel it in my shoulder. If the pain gets a bit too much I pop some pain killers and relax my arm for a couple of minutes and then I do some light exercises.
» THIS TOPIC IS LOCKED «
 Message #97633 - This was a reply to message #96476

Listing 21 to 30 of 31 Replies

PAGES: 4 1 2 3 4

[ Community Page ]