Watching Golf
YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: Watching Golf

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 1 to 9 of 9 Replies

PAGES: 1
kassper7
Watching Golf
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GK Cup: Past & Current Champions of The GK Cup GKGC BIRDIE: GKGC Birdie Supporter SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    It varies
Favorite Golf Course:
    Oak Quarry

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Sunday August 23, 2020 10:12 AM
A couple of months ago, I cut the cord. To make up for losing Live TV, I paid for YouTube TV ($50) for a couple of months but soon realized that we were watching almost nothing except the occasional golf tournament and $50 is too much for that. CBS sports occasionally allows free streaming of Golf Tournaments but NBC seems to have various paywalls to watch Golf.

Anyone have any creative ways they watch golf? tips or tricks to watch golf? Right now it seems like so much work just to find out when and what channel each tournament will be shown. I can't imagine paying more than Netflix a month to just to watch golf.
 Message #96030
24hourgolf
RE: Watching Golf
SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

RPGC MAIL USER ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Sunday August 23, 2020 11:32 AM
Like NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL and Golf I don't watch any of it anymore. I would like to thank the virus for only one thing. Giving me back a lot of wasted time I could be putting to better use in my life. And I certainly have put that time to good use in many many ways.
 Message #96031 - This was a reply to message #96030
Itslikeimsayin
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC BIRDIE: GKGC Birdie Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    Phil Mickelson
Favorite Golf Course:
    DragonRidge CC

Sunday August 23, 2020 12:16 PM
The first thing that came to mind is the PGA Tour's own product called PGA Tour Live, but the web page for the service does a terrible job of explaining how it works and exactly what you get for the $9.99 monthly subscription. Good luck!

https://www.pgatour.com/live.html
 Message #96032 - This was a reply to message #96031
Nickesquire
GK Event: Played in a GK Event SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    Jack-Freddie-Tiger-Rory
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Poppy Maderas

Sunday August 23, 2020 3:23 PM
You mean like currently watching 5 year old reruns of a crime show instead of live, fan less MLB, the PGA Tour and NBA Playoffs?
The goal has always been long and straight! But since I can no longer hit them long, hopefully straighter could be achieved more than occasionally?
 Message #96035 - This was a reply to message #96032
Alex326
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach

Monday August 24, 2020 3:18 AM
QUOTED  The first thing that came to mind is the PGA Tour's own product called PGA Tour Live, but the web page for the service does a terrible job of explaining how it works and exactly what you get for the $9.99 monthly subscription

I've been considering subscribing to this and ditching my satellite TV. Does anyone know if the PGA Tour Live product comes with the commentators? When NBC Sports first aired the Tour de France on the web it was just the video without the commentators which was dry to say the least. They have since added the full broadcast and for the 430-$40 for the three weeks it's well worth it as you get the full TV coverage plus a ton more.

I'm all for the $10 a month for the PGA Tour Live if it's the same sort of set up.
 Message #96036 - This was a reply to message #96032
Itslikeimsayin
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC BIRDIE: GKGC Birdie Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    Phil Mickelson
Favorite Golf Course:
    DragonRidge CC

Monday August 24, 2020 2:58 PM
Alex: I'm pretty sure that when you watch Golf Central on Golf (Channel) on weekend mornings, the "bonus coverage" and/or highlights they show from early action (before the networks step in) is PGA Tour Live. There are announcers during that part. (Just to be clear, I'm NOT talking about the scheduled early coverage often hosted by Terry Gannon. I'm talking about even earlier than that.)

What I'm not sure of is whether or not that coverage continues once the networks take over. I can't tell if PGA Tour Live just gets you additional coverage to what the networks present, or if it's an alternative to the network coverage.
 Message #96042 - This was a reply to message #96036
kassper7
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GK Cup: Past & Current Champions of The GK Cup GKGC BIRDIE: GKGC Birdie Supporter SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    It varies
Favorite Golf Course:
    Oak Quarry

Thursday October 22, 2020 7:26 AM
Seems like everyone either has cable or doesn't watch golf. PGA Tour live is more than Disney+ every month as it feels like they get the leftovers not contractually given elsewhere. They stay with certain groups or show specific holes. Definitely not worth it to me.

The golf channels must be stuck in a contract with cable companies. Hopefully they can find a way to add themselves to some other aspect of NBC's streaming services in the future.

Me? I just bought a $30 antenna for my TV and now get enough sports on the weekends to satisfy me. It feel weird to so backwards to move forward but that's the current situation.
 Message #96704 - This was a reply to message #96042
mlslaw

Favorite Golfer:
    Fred Couples
Favorite Golf Course:
    Rustic Canyon

Thursday October 22, 2020 4:33 PM
QUOTED  just bought a $30 antenna for my TV and now get enough sports

Smart guy. Wish I could bring in signals with antenna but I live at the bottom of a canyon so no can do. Youtube tv does the trick tho but they keep raising rates. Hard to say where this will all end up.
 Message #96706 - This was a reply to message #96704
Arpeggi

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

RPGC MAIL USER ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Thursday October 22, 2020 4:57 PM
I stopped watchin regular golf tournaments on tv due to poor coverage (tons of ads, only following 5-6 players). Only watching the Majors now and they are on free tv.
 Message #96707 - This was a reply to message #96706

Listing 1 to 9 of 9 Replies

PAGES: 1

[ Community Page ]