Golf is a brutal game!
GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    Lefty
Favorite Golf Course:
    Las Vegas Paiute

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Saturday January 2, 2021 12:33 PM
I played North Ranch with my brother on Wed, 12/30/2020. Golf is a brutal game. We were on the par-3 8th hole on the Oaks course. I think it was playing about 165. My brother shanked his first shot into the trees, definitely not find-able. So he re-tees for his 3rd shot, hits a great one, and we assumed he'd be 15-20 feet away (couldn't see where it stopped). I hit a decent shot, just on the left fringe. When we get to the green, we only see my ball. The green is raised a little, so we start by looking if he trickled down the front or sides, maybe into the left bunker. After a good 5 minutes of looking (nobody was behind us), I checked the cup. I said, "nice par jerk!!". At first he didn't know what I meant. Then he walks up and sees he ball in the cup.
It was very surreal. He was looking around like he wanted to Google something, or call for a marshal, haha! Then rationalization kicks in and he says, "what a way to waste a perfect shot! Will that ever freaking happen again??!!"
He still bought be a beer though.
On Thursday I texted him Happy NYE, and his response back was, "I'm more sick to my stomach over that shot now than when we were at the course". Haha. Perfect example of how brutal this game is. But we all love it!
 Message #97441
Alex326
RE: Golf is a brutal game!
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Saturday January 2, 2021 12:43 PM
I witnessed the same thing last year at Eagle Springs. It was a guy who was paired up with us so I had never met him before. His first shot went waaaaay right so he tees up a second thinking the first is lost. He didn't see that his first ball ricocheted off a tree or rock and came back to about 20-30' off the green but findable. I started to tell him but he was already starting his back swing so I didn't interrupt. Sure enough he one hops it into the cup.

I decided to keep my mouth shut and not tell him his first ball was in play. Figured it would be just adding insult to injury to take his par away too(I didn't see him getting up and down to save par from his lie on the first ball)

Like you said. A brutal game.
 Message #97442 - This was a reply to message #97441

Listing 1 to 2 of 2 Replies

PAGES: 1

[ Community Page ]