What are the chances

GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    Fred Couples
Favorite Golf Course:
    Goose Creek

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Friday March 19, 2021 2:32 PM
So we are playing Marshall Canyon today and as we approach the 16th green a young guys drives up to us from #17 and asks if we saw a black iphone, we say no and he turns around and goes back to #17, We tee off 17 and 1 of us goes left in 18 fairway, 2 of us go down the middle, and 1 of us goes right over that big pine tree, well since we knew where our balls were (in the middle lol) we decided to go to the right and look for Ted's ball as they were hitting the ball back from the 18th fairway. As we are off the beaten path in rough in no man's land, what do you think I found, yep a black iPhone just laying in the rough grass. We picked it up and headed over to the 18th fairway where we saw the guy and returned it, he was jumping for joy and I don't think he cared what he shot on 18. What are the chances of driving off the beaten path in the rough and finding that?
 Message #98264
Itslikeimsayin
RE: What are the chances
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC BIRDIE: GKGC Birdie Supporter SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    Phil Mickelson
Favorite Golf Course:
    DragonRidge CC

Friday March 19, 2021 4:25 PM
Haha, pretty cool. Reminds me of the time my opponent in a GK Cup match lost his iPhone while we were playing Marine Memorial. Luckily another guy in our group also had an iPhone so he used the "Find my iPhone" feature and we could track it progressing up the 18th fairway in the cart of the people who found it.
 Message #98265 - This was a reply to message #98264
Deepsea14
RE: What are the chances
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain

Favorite Golfer:
    Dad and his Dad
Favorite Golf Course:
    The one I'm playing

Saturday March 20, 2021 8:27 AM
QUOTED  Luckily another guy in our group also had an iPhone so he used the "Find my iPhone" feature and we could track it...

If your going to have expensive technology on the course it's vital to have a way to find it.

NCGA tournaments require (highly encourage) players to use their smartphones. Real time scoring is a cool feature. (another subject)

Playing 9 holes last fall with three infrequent players enjoying beverages one guy loses his phone.
Needs for work no back-up...
Any way I go back out with him looking trying to recall his shots and holes in reverse.
We're having limited success and go too far asking incoming groups along the way for it.
Heading back to the parking lot we are in the leaves on the left side of #9 again.
I call it once more and we hear it and soon find it.
Crisis averted.
Lottery ticket purchased on way home no return.
 Message #98269 - This was a reply to message #98265

Listing 1 to 3 of 3 Replies

PAGES: 1

[ Community Page ]