GK Cup 17
YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: GK Cup 17

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 21 to 30 of 68 Replies

PAGES: 7 1 2 3 4 5
dconnally
RE: GK Cup 17

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GK Cup: Past & Current Champions of The GK Cup GKGC BIRDIE: GKGC Birdie Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    Arnie
Favorite Golf Course:
    Oak Quarry; Tobiano

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Monday March 29, 2021 10:36 PM
QUOTED  I’ll need some help from GK members willing to meet me halfway

SO .....

Blythe?
Needles?
El Centro?

Checking the Top 25 for those areas now .........
Remember, we could be at work!!
 Message #98371 - This was a reply to message #98370
HmtGolfGuy
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GK Cup: Past & Current Champions of The GK Cup

Favorite Golfer:
    Brendan Steele
Favorite Golf Course:
    Rams Hill, Oak Valley

Tuesday March 30, 2021 6:19 AM
Oh to be back in SoCal!

Finally getting to play some back here in PA but REALLY miss GK Plays/Events and all my GK golf buddies!

Good luck to everyone!
 Message #98372 - This was a reply to message #98338
Alex326
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach

Tuesday March 30, 2021 8:40 AM
QUOTED  I’ll need some help from GK members willing to meet me halfway and/or have trips to Phoenix/Sedona and any place in AZ

Good Luck with that Sal! Hopefully you have better success than Peter and I did.

I'm going to save my $25 and sit this one out. I'm going to need the $$ to buy DeepSea14 a couple of beers if I don't win the next match. He has me up against the ropes in a best 3 out 5. His putter has cooled off so now is the time to pounce!!

[[Edited by Alex326 on Tuesday March 30, 2021 8:58 AM]]
 Message #98373 - This was a reply to message #98370
dconnally

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GK Cup: Past & Current Champions of The GK Cup GKGC BIRDIE: GKGC Birdie Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    Arnie
Favorite Golf Course:
    Oak Quarry; Tobiano

Tuesday March 30, 2021 9:16 AM
QUOTED  I'm going to save my $25 and sit this one out. I'm going to need the $$ to buy DeepSea14 a couple of beers if I don't win the next match. He has me up against the ropes in a best 3 out 5. His putter has cooled off so now is the time to pounce!!

Is this the beginning of a NoCal Cup??!!
Remember, we could be at work!!
 Message #98374 - This was a reply to message #98373
mpisarski01
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    John Daly & Anyone I beat
Favorite Golf Course:
    Griz. Ranch & Chambers

Tuesday March 30, 2021 9:22 AM
QUOTED  'm going to save my $25 and sit this one out

How am I supposed to challenge you to a match at Spyglass if you are not in the GK Cup!!!!
 Message #98375 - This was a reply to message #98374
Alex326
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach

Tuesday March 30, 2021 9:37 AM
QUOTED  Is this the beginning of a NoCal Cup??!!

Waiting for the CEO (Johnny GK) approval on it now. Email has been sent to him.
QUOTED  How am I supposed to challenge you to a match at Spyglass if you are not in the GK Cup!!!!

Nothing says you can't double dip and join NCGK and GK Cup 17! You'll only need 3 matches. That's one weekend. You can hit up Mneilson in Paso/Cambria on the way up/back for an afternoon round. Heck, time it right and you could do all 3 in one day!!
 Message #98376 - This was a reply to message #98374
JohnnyGK

JohnnyGK

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach Golf Links

Tuesday March 30, 2021 10:14 AM
Or maybe a AZ GK Cup?

Someone would need to run it?
GK FACEBOOK - Please check it out - CLICK HERE - I'm doing fun posts all the time.
 Message #98377 - This was a reply to message #98370
JohnnyGK

JohnnyGK

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach Golf Links

Tuesday March 30, 2021 10:21 AM
QUOTED  Is this the beginning of a NoCal Cup??!!

I think so.

I like where all of this is going. GK Cups are first and foremost a way for us to meet more fellow GKers, build new friendships and have a blast teeing it up together. They also lead to more golf course review posts which are the foundation of creating more golf course support for our GK Community.

That said...

Maybe retire the GK Cup trophy for now since it needs a new base (expensive) and purchase a new SoCal GK Cup and NorCal GK Cup trophies. Then bring back the original GK Cup for a region champions match play tournament. OR do a stroke play one day event bringing to fruition my vision of GK Cup Annual Champions/Runner Ups event for all current and past players that competed in a GK Cup Final.

We would not be able to go as far as having NCGA GK Golf Club yet but as long as players have a valid current GHIN index and are members of Greenskeeper.org they could participate.

And as I posted prior to this, an Arizona GK Cup would be a blast too. We have fun GK Community out there that I'd love to support more.

Thoughts?

[[Edited by JohnnyGK on Tuesday March 30, 2021 10:27 AM]]
GK FACEBOOK - Please check it out - CLICK HERE - I'm doing fun posts all the time.
 Message #98378 - This was a reply to message #98374
Alex326

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach

Tuesday March 30, 2021 10:36 AM
QUOTED  Thoughts?

Already sent in my $$ Hear that Peter?? I can't afford to buy you a beer now so I'm out for blood (B-irdies, L-aughs, O-bviously, O-bnoxiously , D-ressed) on our next match!!
 Message #98379 - This was a reply to message #98378
Nickesquire
GK Event: Played in a GK Event SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    Jack-Freddie-Tiger-Rory
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Wolf Creek Poppy

Tuesday March 30, 2021 10:44 AM
The GK Cup for years was just So Cal people. And the vast majority of the So Cal people who have participated in GK Cups want to play relatively close to home. Rarely more than 75 miles away, even if on a Five Star course. Most will flat out not travel very far to play a GK Cup match. Not a criticism, just stating what I see as a fact based on the match history of 16 prior GK Cups.

Alex/Peter last 2 Cups did what it took to get their matches in. Which means rarely playing even remotely close to home. I can relate, even if I do not have to travel as far as they do. I have had my primary residence in the Palm Springs area since 2017, and have played exactly 3 GK Cup matches within 50 miles of my home in that timeframe. I have never been able to schedule a match within 100 miles of my Cambria home either. It is what it is when you are an outlier geographically. Several participants have made trips to Monterey to play nice courses or occasionally use GK outings @ distance to get in matches that are not close to home. But those are the exceptions, not the rule.

Even getting 4 people together at a GK sponsor course that John selected has been a challenge. Because it frequently requires 1-2 of the 4 to travel well outside their comfort zone.

So would certainly make more sense logistically.
The goal has always been long and straight! But since I can no longer hit them long, hopefully straighter could be achieved more than occasionally?
 Message #98380 - This was a reply to message #98378

Listing 21 to 30 of 68 Replies

PAGES: 7 1 2 3 4 5

[ Community Page ]