GK Cup 17
YOUR SETTINGSLIST FORUMSLIST TOPICSSEARCH

TOPIC: GK Cup 17

PRINT TOPICSEND THIS TO A FRIEND

Listing 41 to 50 of 68 Replies

PAGES: 7 3 4 5 6 7
Itslikeimsayin
RE: GK Cup 17
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC BIRDIE: GKGC Birdie Supporter SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    Phil Mickelson
Favorite Golf Course:
    DragonRidge CC

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Friday April 2, 2021 3:12 PM
Woohoo, I joined the GK SCGA club and I'm up to date on my index! Question: Do we play off the trending index or the official one? Also, how often do they update the official one?

(Officially the GHIN app is showing my index based on scores from last time I was a member, which was six years ago. But when inputting my 20 most recent scores, it gave me my trending or unofficial index. Interestingly, they're within 0.4 of each other.)
 Message #98423 - This was a reply to message #98414
Nickesquire
GK Event: Played in a GK Event SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    Jack-Freddie-Tiger-Rory
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Wolf Creek Poppy

Friday April 2, 2021 3:15 PM
They now update daily Mark. Huge improvement. So your best 8 of your most 20 recent rounds should be calculated the next day after you post it.

Effective with the WHS, best 8 scores @ 100% instead of your 10 best scores @ 96%. Other main difference is that ESC in now "net double bogey" instead of a standard amount on each hole based on your handicap.

[[Edited by Nickesquire on Friday April 2, 2021 7:27 PM]]
The goal has always been long and straight! But since I can no longer hit them long, hopefully straighter could be achieved more than occasionally?
 Message #98425 - This was a reply to message #98423
Itslikeimsayin
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC BIRDIE: GKGC Birdie Supporter SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    Phil Mickelson
Favorite Golf Course:
    DragonRidge CC

Friday April 2, 2021 3:23 PM
Cool, thanks Nick. Didn't realize it was only 8 of 20 now instead of 10.
 Message #98426 - This was a reply to message #98425
roarksown1
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    Ty Webb
Favorite Golf Course:
    Bighorn Golf Club

Saturday April 3, 2021 9:19 AM
QUOTED  Nickesquire and Mpisarski01 both scheduled to be heading into the Lion's den for upcoming Az. matches with The Sal Barajas in the next few weeks...

I have some work trips coming up to AZ that would make a fun day out with The Sal on the links possible. Count me in!
 Message #98429 - This was a reply to message #98414
mpisarski01
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    John Daly & Anyone I beat
Favorite Golf Course:
    Griz. Ranch & Chambers

Tuesday April 13, 2021 10:34 AM
Looking for a match this weekend. I dont have a tee time but am open to almost any course. I can get a tee time and good deal at Barona if you want to play there.
 Message #98529 - This was a reply to message #98338
Nickesquire
GK Event: Played in a GK Event SCGA GK Golf Club: Member GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    Jack-Freddie-Tiger-Rory
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Wolf Creek Poppy

Wednesday April 14, 2021 8:07 AM
QUOTED  I have some work trips coming up to AZ that would make a fun day out with The Sal on the links possible. Count me in!

Had visited Sedona many years ago, but never golfed there.

Long hike to meet up with "The Sal", but Sedona was a beautiful place to play golf. Sal tells me that Seven Canyons and Oak Creek are at least as good as Sedona Golf Resort where we played. Already makes me want to go back considering how nice Sedona Golf Resort was.

Awesome views of the red mountains in the distance. But even taking that away and just looking around the golf course property. Surprising amount of green trees playing above 4,000' elevation. Stunning visual playing off lush green fairways with red sand/clay/dirt bunkers framing them. Playing off the few areas that were hardpan, the red clay was much better than the normal So Cal sandy, rocky hardpan. It was actually good to play off of. The bottom of the lakes were red clay, so from up close the water could appear red as well.

We made it a long day trip from Tucson, but very worthy of at least an overnight stay.
The goal has always been long and straight! But since I can no longer hit them long, hopefully straighter could be achieved more than occasionally?
 Message #98545 - This was a reply to message #98429
t8fish
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    My Dad
Favorite Golf Course:
    Wykagyl GC

Thursday April 15, 2021 2:30 PM
I have a 3:00pm tee time for two at Hansen Dam on Friday, 4/23. If someone wants to make a GK match out of it vs. me, I'm posting it here first. Based on past experience, I make no claims as to whether I am playing well or slumping — both are possible. And if I knew which, I wouldn't need to keep playing rounds to find out what was going to happen next.

[[Edited by t8fish on Thursday April 15, 2021 5:20 PM]]
 Message #98560 - This was a reply to message #98338
dconnally

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GK Cup: Past & Current Champions of The GK Cup GKGC BIRDIE: GKGC Birdie Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    Arnie
Favorite Golf Course:
    Oak Quarry; Tobiano

Thursday April 15, 2021 2:44 PM
I posted a Meet-Play at Goose Creek for 1pm Wednesday 4/21 if someone can make a match.

[[Edited by dconnally on Saturday April 17, 2021 9:53 AM]]
Remember, we could be at work!!
 Message #98561 - This was a reply to message #98560
roarksown1
GK Event: Played in a GK Event Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter

Favorite Golfer:
    Ty Webb
Favorite Golf Course:
    Bighorn Golf Club

Thursday April 15, 2021 3:55 PM
QUOTED  I have a 3:00pm tee time for two at Hansen Dam on Friday, 4/32. If someone wants to make a GK match out of it vs. me, I'm posting it here first. Based on past experience, I make no claims as to whether I am playing well or slumping — both are possible. And if I knew which, I wouldn't need to keep playing rounds to find out what was going to happen next.

You're going to have a hard time finding ANYONE on 4/32! ;-p But if you meant 4/30, I think I could swing that Kevin. Think we should finish, right?
 Message #98563 - This was a reply to message #98560
t8fish
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC Par: GKGC Par Supporter SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    My Dad
Favorite Golf Course:
    Wykagyl GC

Thursday April 15, 2021 5:32 PM
Robert, thanks for pointing that out and I corrected the original post. Numbers and I have an arms length relationship.

Actually it is Friday, 4/23 at 3:00pm.

As far as finishing, I played Balboa last Sunday with a 3:20 tee time, did finished 18 in the gloom, and the pace was more sluggish there than I've found in general at other places. Barring any surprises, I expect to get 18 in comfortably. It helps that with the current format you don't have to worry about extra holes.

[[Edited by t8fish on Thursday April 15, 2021 5:33 PM]]
 Message #98564 - This was a reply to message #98563

Listing 41 to 50 of 68 Replies

PAGES: 7 3 4 5 6 7

[ Community Page ]