Costco Putter?
GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    Adam Scott, Bubba Watson
Favorite Golf Course:
    Spyglass Hill

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Friday May 1, 2020 7:13 PM
Just read an article about Costco releasing the KS1 putter. A 34.5 inch putter with exchangeable weights. It's going to sale for 139 in store and 149 online. Thoughts?

https://golf.com/gear/putters/costco-to-release-kirkland-signature-ks1- golf-putters-june/
 Message #94911
FirstFlightFX-101
RE: Costco Putter?

Favorite Golfer:
    Dave Stockton
Favorite Golf Course:
    Arrowhead Country Club

Friday May 1, 2020 7:37 PM
Kirkland SuperStroke 1!
 Message #94912 - This was a reply to message #94911
1PLUS1

Favorite Golfer:
    Seve; Nick Faldo
Favorite Golf Course:
    Belgrade Lakes (Maine)

Friday May 1, 2020 8:16 PM
Didn't follow the link but I suspect it will be nothing more than a 'knock-off' of some better-known OEM product. They either sourced it through a foundry in Taiwan or signed a partnership deal with another manufacturer but will sell the putter under the Kirkland badge.

As for performance...who knows? Putting is such an subjective thing; some people find success with $1000.00 custom configurations while, for others, a Hot Dog will do. However, I seriously doubt it creates the hysteria I witnessed when their Signature golf ball hit the marketplace. Wouldn't be surprised to see many of these putters in the bargain bin once the novelty wears off.

And in related news, I've heard that IKEA will also be releasing a line of putters but at a much lower price-point. The only catch is that you've got to assemble it yourself and its' expected shelf life is only 6-9 months. However, you do get a plate of Swedish Meatballs with each one purchased.
 Message #94913 - This was a reply to message #94911
kurator62

Favorite Golfer:
    Arnold Palmer
Favorite Golf Course:
    Rams Hill

Tuesday May 26, 2020 1:08 PM
Well I guess the putters are out and are selling out at stores and they are gone online. Who would have thought that they would have the same effect as the balls.
 Message #95122 - This was a reply to message #94911
noeldaof

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

RPGC MAIL USER ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Tuesday May 26, 2020 3:32 PM
I'm all in for the low price and that was a good price so I probably would have tried it had they shown a mallet style, but then again the name of it makes me think twice for some reason. Their liquors are good, their detergents and food are good, but for golf- it may also be good... again the name.
Where it's made from nowadays is very important to me these days- I'm supporting products made in USA... and they could be made here in the US.
JVGA
 Message #95125 - This was a reply to message #95122
msherer260

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

RPGC MAIL USER ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Saturday May 30, 2020 9:26 PM
Bought one, returned one...nothing more then an Odyssey putter with the name Kirkland on it....my only question is why is it priced at $149 without the weight kit...CALLAWAY must be controlling the price just as their bags seem to be priced to high at Costco...Most Kirkland products are well priced but not this putter....$89 would be more like it....not worth $149...
 Message #95175 - This was a reply to message #95125

Listing 1 to 6 of 6 Replies

PAGES: 1

[ Community Page ]