RE: GK Plays: Reflection Bay Golf Club – Sunday – 6/30

Favorite Golfer:
    Tiger Woods
Favorite Golf Course:
    Punta Espada GC

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Monday June 10, 2019 8:41 AM
QUOTED  [Posted By dconnally on 03.11.2019 12:20 PM]

Like this course, too. Too bad they bulldozed the large, all-grass driving range.

I was pretty butthurt about that too, however, word is they sold that land for 25 million. On a side note; they have a little chipping area now I believe. The last time I played RBay, they were building it up.

I haven't played Reflection in awhile. It's one of my favorite courses in town. I'm pretty excited to play an event with you guys. I've been a lurker for some time but recently decided to sign up to contribute!
 Message #91555 - This was a reply to message #90817
mpisarski01
GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    John Daly & Anyone I beat
Favorite Golf Course:
    Griz. Ranch & Chambers

Monday June 10, 2019 8:50 AM
QUOTED  On a side note; they have a little chipping area now I believe. The last time I played RBay, they were building it up.

They now have hitting bays with nets so at least you can swing. Balls are included of course.
 Message #91556 - This was a reply to message #91555
JohnnyGK

JohnnyGK

GK Event: Played in a GK Event GKGC EAGLE: GKGC Eagle Supporter Birdie Chain: Stake Holder BCB Birdie Chain SCGA GK Golf Club: Member

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach Golf Links

Wednesday June 12, 2019 10:17 AM
QUOTED  They now have hitting bays with nets so at least you can swing. Balls are included of course.

Awesome - Thanks for the info.
GK FACEBOOK - Please check it out - CLICK HERE - I'm doing fun posts all the time.
 Message #91573 - This was a reply to message #91556
sdscratchorbust

Favorite Golfer:
    Tiger Woods
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pasatiempo

Tuesday June 18, 2019 4:41 PM
Get out of the shadows and play.

There couldn't be a less intimidating group of golfers than GK Greenskeepers.
 Message #91628 - This was a reply to message #91555
kevbig
GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    Tiger Woods
Favorite Golf Course:
    Palmer Course- Turtle Bay

Tuesday June 18, 2019 6:16 PM
Hey everyone! On behalf of Johnny and Reflection Bay, we cannot wait to see you all on the 30th. A couple of things to keep in mind if you're coming to the event:

1. Leave yourself some extra time. The course is a little further away than most people realize. There are quite a few stoplights on Lake Mead and/or Galleria Dr. depending on which direction you're coming from.

2. This goes without saying but I'll say it anyway. It's Vegas in the summer. IT. WILL. BE. HOT. Our course provides 2 bottles of water in coolers on the cart. Unfortunately we do not have any water stations on the course so plan accordingly and bring as many additional waters as you need to stay hydrated. Water sitting in plastic jugs in the summer heat = breeding ground for some nasty bacteria so keep that in mind next time you see one on a hot day lol.

3. We did maintenance on the course last week and as long as the weather cooperates the course should be in fantastic condition by the end of the month! The greens are already almost fully healed and it's only been 7 days.

4. Most importantly HAVE FUN! Thank you for coming out and I'll see you all soon!
 Message #91630 - This was a reply to message #91628
JohnnyGK

JohnnyGK

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach Golf Links

Tuesday June 18, 2019 9:25 PM
QUOTED  Get out of the shadows and play.

There couldn't be a less intimidating group of golfers than GK Greenskeepers.

Absolutely
GK FACEBOOK - Please check it out - CLICK HERE - I'm doing fun posts all the time.
 Message #91632 - This was a reply to message #91628
JohnnyGK

JohnnyGK

Favorite Golfer:
    GK'ers
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach Golf Links

Tuesday June 18, 2019 9:26 PM
QUOTED  Hey everyone! On behalf of Johnny and Reflection Bay, we cannot wait to see you all on the 30th. A couple of things to keep in mind if you're coming to the event:

1. Leave yourself some extra time. The course is a little further away than most people realize. There are quite a few stoplights on Lake Mead and/or Galleria Dr. depending on which direction you're coming from.

2. This goes without saying but I'll say it anyway. It's Vegas in the summer. IT. WILL. BE. HOT. Our course provides 2 bottles of water in coolers on the cart. Unfortunately we do not have any water stations on the course so plan accordingly and bring as many additional waters as you need to stay hydrated. Water sitting in plastic jugs in the summer heat = breeding ground for some nasty bacteria so keep that in mind next time you see one on a hot day lol.

3. We did maintenance on the course last week and as long as the weather cooperates the course should be in fantastic condition by the end of the month! The greens are already almost fully healed and it's only been 7 days.

4. Most importantly HAVE FUN! Thank you for coming out and I'll see you all soon!

Thanks Kevin for the helpful info!

What a blast this is going to be!
 Message #91633 - This was a reply to message #91630
robrey85

Favorite Golfer:
    Tiger Woods
Favorite Golf Course:
    Punta Espada GC

Friday June 21, 2019 2:05 PM
Thanks Kevin! When is the chipping area going to be open? I saw a sign today but wasn't sure if it was off limits or what. Either way I didn't have time but if it is going to be open when we come out, then I'd like to arrive early enough to check it out.

On a side note; I just got back from playing RBay today and the greens have healed up nicely. I would say they are rolling 5 out of 10 for speed but about an 8 out of 10 as far as smoothness is concerned. I saw a couple of bumpy rolls on a few holes today that annoyed me but the course as a whole is in fantastic condition.

I am just keeping my fingers crossed that it is not going to be windy. I am so tired of playing in the f%@k ing wind in JUNE of all months. It's usually windy in March/April. I don't recall it ever being so d%mn windy in June.
 Message #91646 - This was a reply to message #91633
kevbig
GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    Tiger Woods
Favorite Golf Course:
    Palmer Course- Turtle Bay

Friday June 21, 2019 3:39 PM
QUOTED  When is the chipping area going to be open? I saw a sign today but wasn't sure if it was off limits or what.

I believe the area that you are referring to is our short game instruction area which is unfortunately reserved for private lessons only. We do however, have a separate chipping green located by the warm up area.
 Message #91647 - This was a reply to message #91646
robrey85

Favorite Golfer:
    Tiger Woods
Favorite Golf Course:
    Punta Espada GC

Saturday June 22, 2019 5:05 AM
QUOTED  I believe the area that you are referring to is our short game instruction area which is unfortunately reserved for private lessons only. We do however, have a separate chipping green located by the warm up area.

Dang! Okay, thanks for the information.
 Message #91649 - This was a reply to message #91647

Listing 11 to 20 of 25 Replies

PAGES: 3 1 2 3

[ Community Page ]