Community Director/Women

GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    Annika/Mickelson
Favorite Golf Course:
    Balboa

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Wednesday October 30, 2013 9:15 PM
What is your swing speed? What kind of shaft do you use- steel or graphite? regular? senior? stiff? flex?

Are you happy with your clubs? What do you wish was better? Do you think your clubs inhibit or help your game?
New Year's Resolution- HAVE MORE FUN, DO MORE, SEE MORE, LAUGH MORE!
 Message #59927
CPennbo
RE: Women's Forum- Shaft? Flex?

Community Director/Women

Favorite Golfer:
    Annika/Mickelson
Favorite Golf Course:
    Balboa

Wednesday October 30, 2013 9:30 PM
Ok, so with a swing speed of 85mph and being fairly athletic I have a choice of clubs- mens/womens, graphite/steel, regular/flex. I'm tall so women's clubs are actually a little too short for me. (made for 5'6" or shorter) The NEWEST womens clubs have some design features besides shaft and length that make them better for women but when I was looking they were just shorter clubs!!

I LIKE the feel of steel shafts. I like the solid feel and I think I have better control and hit straighter with them. When I've tried graphite I don't hit straight. I have been using a regular flex and have been doing fine but I think as I start to slow down a little with age I might have to consider flex or senior flex. :-) We'll see. For now I hit men's, steel shaft, regular flex shafts.

When I was ready to buy a set I did my research and demo'd some different clubs. I was pretty sure I knew what I wanted when I went shopping. But I STILL had to argue with the dang sales BOY. He was SO sure he knew exactly what i needed- womens, graphite, flex. Didn't matter how many times I told him no he was determined that I wasn't leaving the store without those exact clubs. I eventually left that store, went to another, and bought the set I wanted!! LOL

What are you other ladies hitting with?
 Message #59929 - This was a reply to message #59927
dcricket

Favorite Golfer:
    Bubbah/Spieth
Favorite Golf Course:
    Several

Wednesday October 30, 2013 11:18 PM
I have the Taylormade Burner 2.0, mens irons with Senior graphite flex shafts. Not sure what my swing speed is. Maybe I should have it checked out one day and see what one of those sales peeps think I should be hitting???
 Message #59935 - This was a reply to message #59929
Tobster

GK Cup: Past & Current Champions of The GK Cup GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    Brian Sparks
Favorite Golf Course:
    Monarch Beach, Maderas

Thursday October 31, 2013 10:10 AM
I don't know my swing speed but if I had to guess, I'd say it's probably somewhere in the 80s. When I first started golfing 4.5 years ago, I was fitted by my instructor at Tustin Ranch and she put me in TaylorMade Burners graphite, senior flex. Last year I did another fitting and ended up with TaylorMade Rocketballs men's graphite regular flex and Cobra driver, Men's R flex. The only time I've tried hitting steel shafts was last weekend on the range with my husband. I tried his 7 iron, steel regular flex. I didn't like it at all because of the shaft vibration... so more power to you being able to golf with those!!

Oh, and I fully understand what you mean with the guys wanting to put you in ladies flex. That's happened to me too.

[[Edited by Tobster on Thursday October 31, 2013 10:11 AM]]
“We don’t stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” ~ George Bernard Shaw
 Message #59937 - This was a reply to message #59929
Krystal

Favorite Golfer:
    dad
Favorite Golf Course:
    Royal County Down

Tuesday November 5, 2013 2:27 PM
QUOTED  I was ready to buy a set I did my research and demo'd some different clubs

I think that's the smartest idea for ANY golfer regardless of sex, age or ability. We've all been taken by the salesperson working pushing the SPIFF product and get talked into something we didn't really want. In golf these days, the flavor of the month seems to drive the market.

I'm fortunate enough to be able to have NIKE tune my equipment. You'd be amazed what a 1/4* loft/lie adjustment might do to tighten up the landing area. But, more importanly, they put the right sticks in my hands.

I'm 106/mph driver in the heat. 102 in moderate weather. I play a Matrix/Ozik Stiff (high kick in the dez/mid kick in normal weather). The shaft is slightly lighter than the commercial variety to keep my swing speed high. Lots of trial & error to find the right shaft. After we married it to the head, it wasn't hard to hit that high draw...

My 5i speed in 88/mph. I'm playing TrueTemper S200. While most professional fitters would put a golfer in my category into an X100 or S400, I feel the clubhead better with the S2. And, that's what it comes down to... feel.

Wedges and Putters!?! Now, THAT's a different story. Precision instruments for precise shots (and conditions).

just one gurl's humble opionion
 Message #60013 - This was a reply to message #59937
hugh989

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

RPGC MAIL USER ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Wednesday November 29, 2017 4:28 PM
Stumbled upon this discussion 4 years later. Struggling to find good womens golf clubs myself and wanted some extra advice.
 Message #86362 - This was a reply to message #60013
CPennbo

Community Director/Women

Favorite Golfer:
    Annika/Mickelson
Favorite Golf Course:
    Balboa

Thursday November 30, 2017 6:53 PM
QUOTED  [Posted By hugh989 on 11.29.2017 4:28 PM]

Stumbled upon this discussion 4 years later. Struggling to find good womens golf clubs myself and wanted some extra advice.

Never too late! :-) What are your details? What do you like/dislike? swing speed? index?
 Message #86376 - This was a reply to message #86362

Listing 1 to 7 of 7 Replies

PAGES: 1

[ Community Page ]