msherer260
Golfnow

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

RPGC MAIL USER ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Thursday June 15, 2017 7:28 AM
SO now the Golfnow VIP program that they push so hard for 99 dollars a year has pulled another one, to use the $10 off prom..you have to use 3 days in advance AND be sure and take a look at the LONG list of courses you cannot use the promos on.....I live in Palm Springs California and every course I play is on the list you cannot get the $10 off on. The Golf Now (Golf Channel) VIP program is about the biggest ripoff I have ever fell into in golf......
 Message #84202
noeldaof
RE: Golfnow

GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    Anyone who sets up left
Favorite Golf Course:
    CRYSTALAIRE

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Thursday June 15, 2017 8:43 AM
Thanks for your opinion and experience. Sorry to hear that.

I use GolfNow a few times here and there and it's usually when I'm out of or away from a routine schedule which mostly works well. I see the VIP deals and other promos but I usually do not pay attention to it because I'm sure I won't be able to regularly use them.

But if I ever fall out of my regular, regularly, I'll be sure to remember your experience and not fall for it.

Thanks again.
Play from a position!
 Message #84205 - This was a reply to message #84202
mpisarski01

Favorite Golfer:
    John Daly
Favorite Golf Course:
    Wolf Creek

Monday August 7, 2017 12:52 PM
I just had a great experience with Golf Now. I booked a hot time for Las Vegas Paiute and then I called to the course to confirm my time they said that if I didnt have a Nevada ID I would be charged the difference because hot times are for local only. I called golf now and after some time and them calling the course they refunded me the hot deal time and offered me a free dozen Taylor made Project A's for my inconvenience.

Once again Las Vegas Paiute disappoints me with the management and keeps me from playing their amazing courses.

Great on Golf Now. I might use them a bit more now for hot times. (in SoCal)
 Message #85200 - This was a reply to message #84205
Alex326

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach

Monday August 7, 2017 8:14 PM
The GolfNow used to be a much better deal a couple of years ago when I started playing this game/sport. In 2015 the rewards seriously added up to major discounts on tee times ($75 /$100 off) and free Srixon/Cleveland gear. Now, not so much. The Hot Deals start out at higher prices and don't come down to real bargain prices until 2 days out. By that time you can't use the $10 code. So you have to use the codes early at higher prices which basically makes them a wash.
 Message #85209 - This was a reply to message #85200
dethman

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

Monday August 7, 2017 10:13 PM
QUOTED  [Posted By mpisarski01 on 08.07.2017 12:52 PM]

I just had a great experience with Golf Now. I booked a hot time for Las Vegas Paiute and then I called to the course to confirm my time they said that if I didnt have a Nevada ID I would be charged the difference because hot times are for local only. I called golf now and after some time and them calling the course they refunded me the hot deal time and offered me a free dozen Taylor made Project A's for my inconvenience.

Once again Las Vegas Paiute disappoints me with the management and keeps me from playing their amazing courses.

Great on Golf Now. I might use them a bit more now for hot times. (in SoCal)

i never heard of hot deals only being for locals. they are offered by golfnow, not the course. sounds like a load of crap to me. staying away from paiute if this is the kind of terrible service they offer.

edit: just checked a hot deal time for wednesday, no mention of needing to be a local. sounds like some jackass behind the counter of the checkin desk decided to be a dick.

[[Edited by dethman on Monday August 7, 2017 10:15 PM]]
 Message #85213 - This was a reply to message #85200
mpisarski01

Favorite Golfer:
    John Daly
Favorite Golf Course:
    Wolf Creek

Tuesday August 8, 2017 4:27 AM
QUOTED  no mention of needing to be a local. sounds like some jackass behind the counter of the checkin desk decided to be a dick.

Sadly I have had this issue before with LV Paiute. The starter has always seemed snobby to me and thinks he is the S$%t
 Message #85215 - This was a reply to message #85213
loutheman

Favorite Golfer:
    The Black Knight
Favorite Golf Course:
    La Purisima

Tuesday August 8, 2017 11:42 PM
When I book online for an out of town course I never ask or reveal if or what the rate is for locals.
I act like I am supposed to be there with my certificate in hand never having an issue or being asked where I am from.
I also make note of the local area zip code just in case.
An old indian told me once never to ask questions, never answer more than what you are asked, dont elaborate and it is always better to ask forgiveness than permission.
He also told me never be a lender and never pay a loan back.
The guy that pays a loan back is dumber than the person that loaned him the money he said.
 Message #85225 - This was a reply to message #85200
grantar2

Favorite Golfer:
    Danny Lee
Favorite Golf Course:
    Medowlark

Monday August 14, 2017 10:19 AM
I have seldom found Golf Now useful, but my friend uses them frequently so I looked at the VIP deal as a gift for him, UNTIL I read the fine print. You will find most the courses in OC aren't available either. There are so many ways to book golf, and so many good offers out there I don't see the need to pay an entity to get a deal. Reading the details lowered my opinion of Golf Now.

I have never believed in paying for status. If and entity marks me a VIP because of my spending that is a perk worth having, if I have to buy the status I am no interested.
 Message #85272 - This was a reply to message #85225
Rat-Patrol

Favorite Golfer:
    My Grandpa was
Favorite Golf Course:
    Balboa Park GC

Monday August 14, 2017 3:39 PM
I use GN for Hot Deals, that's it.
 Message #85275 - This was a reply to message #85272
kviser

SoCal Community Staff

GK Event: Played in a GK Event LA-GK-Meetup-Winner: LA GK Meetup Winner

Favorite Golfer:
    Fred Couples
Favorite Golf Course:
    River Ridge

Friday August 18, 2017 8:07 AM
Like Noel, I use GN once in a while; mostly when I am out of town. However, I found that after checking prices on GN, then calling the course directly and straight out asking if they can match or beat them I can get a good deal. Many times I find that whoever is at the counter is pretty cool about it.
QUOTED  I just had a great experience with Golf Now. I booked a hot time for Las Vegas Paiute and then I called to the course to confirm my time they said that if I didnt have a Nevada ID I would be charged the difference because hot times are for local only. I called golf now and after some time and them calling the course they refunded me the hot deal time and offered me a free dozen Taylor made Project A's for my inconvenience.

As far as Paiute goes, well they are way off the beaten path and there are many courses to choose from in the immediate area of LV. Too bad for everyone, because I really enjoyed the few rounds I have played there and it sounds like the new management team is failing to recognize that the customer is king.
 Message #85322 - This was a reply to message #84202

Listing 1 to 10 of 17 Replies

PAGES: 2 1 2

[ Community Page ]