faxgolf89
Callaway Supersoft Balls

Favorite Golfer:
    rory
Favorite Golf Course:
    still looking

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Wednesday September 13, 2017 1:01 PM
I'd like to elicit some thoughts about the Callaway Supersoft balls. My driver maxes out at about 92 mph, and maximum carry with a typical ball is probably 220 to 230. On a 400 yard hole, with a really good drive, I will have at least 150 left. I personally like the feel of a soft ball, and I am curious as to whether I should expect a little bit more distance with the lower spinning (soft) Supersoft ball. It's supposed to be designed for slower swing speeds so I'm hopeful that I am a good match for this ball. Or am I expecting too much?
 Message #85581
chevelle
RE: Callaway Supersoft Balls

GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    Fred Couples
Favorite Golf Course:
    Goose Creek

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Thursday September 14, 2017 5:12 AM
My swing speed is 88 to 92 also, so is my buddy in my 4 some and he uses Callaway Super Soft and likes them, I hit 1 of his on 1 hole and it felt real nice off the driver. Did not hit the iron shot as I just played my ball. I play Srixon Soft Feel (also for slower SS) and the distance was comparable with Soft Feel just a little longer. I know Soft Feel is not a glamorous ball, but it really does go long, stays straighter, and on green approaches with irons (8..9..pw) I can make it stay within 2 feet of the ball mark. I think either ball is good for slower SS and they are both inexpensive. Try them both, but don't expect to get 20 yards more with either one, your distance is what it is with that SS. If you want distance then maybe try Titleist Velocity, but then pay more for the ball and give up feel and sticking around the green
 Message #85598 - This was a reply to message #85581

Listing 1 to 2 of 2 Replies

PAGES: 1

[ Community Page ]