Golf Ball Aero Dynamics - A Big Thing
GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    Danny Lee
Favorite Golf Course:
    Medowlark

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Tuesday July 17, 2018 2:59 PM
Is it you or your golf ball. Titlist would have you believe they excel at quality control at every stage of their process and some of their competitors do not. There is the argument you get what you pay for. When you miss a shot is it you or your ball. Regardless the linked video is an eye opening lead in to the discussion on balls. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e050tXKQDT0

I will note that a year or so ago it was floating around that Ping which as a "ball canon" had concluded at least that time Titlist Pro V1 had the most consistent flight characteristics. Good place to start the debate.
 Message #88869
noeldaof
RE: Golf Ball Aero Dynamics - A Big Thing

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

RPGC MAIL USER ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Wednesday July 18, 2018 5:03 PM
Play the ball that fits you sir. It isn't the manufacturer's fault nor is it because of them that made you better.
JVGA
 Message #88891 - This was a reply to message #88869
evildrummerhb

Favorite Golfer:
    Hunter, Phil, Freddie C.
Favorite Golf Course:
    Emerald Canyon

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Wednesday July 18, 2018 10:05 PM
Titleist would also have you believe that you need to spend $50 for a dozen golf balls to be a better golfer. While quality control is definitely a thing, it wouldn't influence my golf ball selection unless I started finding duds on more than an occasional instance. That being said, I've only come across maybe two terrible new golf balls in my tenure that were obviously unbalanced enough to affect flight and roll.
 Message #88908 - This was a reply to message #88869
noeldaof

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

RPGC MAIL USER ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Thursday July 19, 2018 12:48 PM
Just had the chance to view the video.

Mark Crossfield is a guy who does golf equipment testing on his own- he's got his own gig so I don't think he'd be bias or anything.

The @Titleist balls tested was just to show what would happen given the scenario of ball dimples... like if you had mud on the ball or if you spray paint a side of a ball adding elements therefore coating over a dimple. The effect will be the same for any ball manufacturer.

Whether you're hitting a ball 350, 300, 250.... the curvature effect will be proportioned to it.

------------------
"Titleist would also have you believe that you need to spend $50 for a dozen golf balls to be a better golfer."

I believe that's just its price point of what the manufacturer arrive to and create the product. There are many other ball manufacturers that are much lesser anyone could play- and I'm probably going to be okay with it along with other golfers like myself, but for us, we chose to play Titleist. For me, it's a ball I find more consistent time and time again.

NOTE: Every two years has been their cycle, and there may be some changes, improvement and development to a particular model (Titleist ball). Some tour player still request to have the same ball characteristic and Titleist would still make and supply the player (in tour). Although, I haven't seen anyone still playing the balata or the Professionals... most probably because everyone had jumped onto the newer models and I suspect better performance is the reason.

Bottom line is, play the ball that you are comfortable with. The one that has all the things you are looking for in a ball. Whatever it is, if it's color of the ball, affordability, used, refurbished, lake balls, confidence, sentiments... whatever... that would be the ball for you. No need to look at any other ball but the one you like.
JVGA
 Message #88921 - This was a reply to message #88869

Listing 1 to 4 of 4 Replies

PAGES: 1

[ Community Page ]