PXG Pricing is absurd
GK Event: Played in a GK Event

Favorite Golfer:
    Rickie, Bubba, Phil, Rory
Favorite Golf Course:
    I love em all

RPGC MAIL USER VIEW USER REGISTRY ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Monday December 10, 2018 8:35 AM
PXG clubs are expensive which I can handle as they are not the most expensive clubs out there nor are they the only club maker in that price realm... However, I got a pop up in my feed for a PXG polo which, I thought looked cool so I clicked on it...

A PXG golf polo will run you around $140-$160 for a singular shirt.

I know I am on a soap box but, you cant tell me there is $160 worth of tech in a polo. Just makes you realize that they are just overpriced on everything.
 Message #90010
Alex326
RE: PXG Pricing is absurd

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    Pebble Beach

Monday December 10, 2018 9:02 AM
$160+ is the average price of a good quality cycling jersey and yes you would be very surprised on the R&D that goes into designing a jersey. But even so you are correct in that they are making a huge profit. Probably around 100-200% mark up
 Message #90011 - This was a reply to message #90010
noeldaof

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

RPGC MAIL USER ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Monday December 10, 2018 9:29 AM
Hey Shaun, isn't that amazing- shirts for that much... it's definitely out of my range or many of us for sure, and I think it isn't the techno stuff they're selling there- it's just their name. Besides, they're targeting a top shelf market much like the 1857s with the same range priced shirts, a simple hoodie for $395... golf shoes for $750 and a few casual pairs in the low of $475. Ridiculous, yeah, but then again it's for a different market. I stay where I can afford... most of my golf shirts are in the $75-$90 and I have quite a collection but I never think of $160 shirt. I have more than 30 pairs of golf shoes, and half of them are in the range of $275 which I think were great buys, but I never think of a $750 shoes... well, okay, yeah "think" but that's all. LOL
JVGA
 Message #90012 - This was a reply to message #90010
sngernz

Favorite Golfer:
    Bubba!
Favorite Golf Course:
    Spyglass Hill

Thursday August 29, 2019 12:03 PM
QUOTED  most of my golf shirts are in the $75-$90 and I have quite a collection but I never think of $160 shirt.

Noel, you're way outta my league. I buy my golf shirts at Steinmart which run from $20-30 and never think of a $75 shirt. It's all a matter of economics
 Message #92289 - This was a reply to message #90012
noeldaof

Favorite Golfer:
    N/A
Favorite Golf Course:
    N/A

RPGC MAIL USER ADD USER TO BUDDY LIST
Thursday August 29, 2019 1:41 PM
QUOTED 
QUOTED  most of my golf shirts are in the $75-$90 and I have quite a collection but I never think of $160 shirt.

Noel, you're way outta my league. I buy my golf shirts at Steinmart which run from $20-30 and never think of a $75 shirt. It's all a matter of economics

Well, that was then. I'm a changed man now (I think) and haven't bought a shirt in 3 or 4 months now, and will probably go on that way for a long time. The new FootJoy autumn collections just came out and I'm trying hard not to look. (It's getting easier though, I just have to take a pill) I have many golf shirts that I could probably wear one everyday in a month and not worry about repeating the same one in the same period although I do have my favorites that I have worn twice in a month but it's rare... anyway, correction: some of those shirts were $65. Last year around this time, I handed down a dozen or so shirts to my bro and also donated another dozen to the salvation army along with 8 nice pairs of golf shoes... but I've also stopped buying shoes. After January early this year, I haven't ordered anything new at all for the same reason. I have plenty of shoes and I'm sure most of them will outlast me.

Imagine that... we're gonna be able to buy food now!
JVGA
 Message #92290 - This was a reply to message #92289

Listing 1 to 5 of 5 Replies

PAGES: 1

[ Community Page ]